• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BD Blanks discussion

Ch3vron is there a list on line of the MID's of Blu-Ray recordable media?

VERBAT-IMe-00 and IMf-00 afaik. I haven't seen/use the f variant myself though

Note: that is for the professional grade printable ones that do not carry any branding id marks near the small inner circle.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Printables? AFAIK Verbatim Datalife Plus have Verbatim-Mid and Verbatim Datalife are CMC.

Anything but CMC. my printables are mkm-000 or mcc-004 (I could be mixing the numbers though).

You talking about BD? MKM is used for Double Layer DVD, MCC 00x Single Layer DVD+R

My Verbatim Non-Printable are:

Verbatim BD-R DL 4x 50GB VERBAT-IMd-000

Verbatim BD-R 25GB 2x VERBAT-IMa-000

Verbatim BD-R 25GB 4x VERBAT-IMc-000

Verbatim BD-R 25GB 6x VERBAT-IMe-000

All are HTL-media, never bought LTH

The mid's I mentioned in post 43 are for printable bd's the ones in 46 for printable DVDs.

Last 2 batches of the 25's are in fact OTC.

Here's a question for you. I happened to get some BD-R blanks at no cost. Can't go wrong with free. Well, you can but still... free. I expected them to be OTCBDR-002-000 and they are. As far as I knew the OTCBDR-002-000 discs were typically coloured like BD-R blanks. I have a couple of them and they looked just like the PHILIP-R04-000 discs on the recording side. Logo side was slightly different. These new free ones I got are actually goldish coloured on the recording side but using the same MID. So they aren't really the same as the original OTCBDR-002-000 discs. What colour are yours?

Attachments

• OTCBDR-002-000.png
    OTCBDR-002-000.png
    884 KB · Views: 24
Hm, I have Optical Quantum BD-R 4x with code OTCBDR002.

I think I mentioned that PHILIPR04 are something like a wildcard, some smaller manufacturers use the code, the quality of this code varies a lot

Hm, I have Optical Quantum BD-R 4x with code OTCBDR002.

I think I mentioned that PHILIPR04 are something like a wildcard, some smaller manufacturers use the code, the quality of this code varies a lot
So what colour are your OCTBDR-002 discs? The picture that I posted is two discs from different batches. Both with the OCTBDR-002 MID.

It´s goldish like in your left photo

I burned only one of them, used Pioneer BDR-209D, the quality is mediocre. Can´t say anything to the longevity, will see it in some years.

Some ppl say other manufacturers maybe also produce for Vinpower/Optodisc and use the same codes.

Optodisc in Germany is almost impossible to get or very expensive. Would not buy it again. I tried one in my good Panasonic UJ272 and it can´t burn these media, first time I had this prob.

Also get some very cheap OTCBDR001 labeled "cblu" and it´s the woorst BD I ever had (so Ritek is one 2nd worst) , see picture. Pioneers BDR will not even burn them, it begins and after a few seconds it failed and left a coaster

Attachments

• cblu BD-R 4x (OTCBDR001) Panasonic UJ260AF 1.00.png
    cblu BD-R 4x (OTCBDR001) Panasonic UJ260AF 1.00.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
[I am circling back to this] I was doing "Cost/Benefit" analysis on Verbatim BD-R DL vs RiData. Af first, I only considered then number of RiData bad burns/discs. I still arrived at a figure of a little over 2USD per disc for the RiData compare with the Verbatim at over 4USD per disc. Unfortunately, I did not factor in playback issues.
Can someone throw me a link for Verbatim BD-R DL? At MicroCenter, they are about 45USD for a ten pack.

[I am circling back to this] I was doing "Cost/Benefit" analysis on Verbatim BD-R DL vs RiData. Af first, I only considered then number of RiData bad burns/discs. I still arrived at a figure of a little over 2USD per disc for the RiData compare with the Verbatim at over 4USD per disc. Unfortunately, I did not factor in playback issues.
Can someone throw me a link for Verbatim BD-R DL? At MicroCenter, they are about 45USD for a ten pack.
Please try this link :
https://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-BD-R-50GB-Branded-Surface/dp/B004CJ9KYC

$27.04 right now with Amazon.

Last edited:
What does IMGBurn or dvdinfo report as the disc MID? Oh and most a logfile from a random movie in (all of) the drive(s) you have so we know the exact model and firmware revision. Also tell if you have multiple ones, which on you used then exactly to do the burning and what you used for burning, how you're burning, what it is exactly you're doing,...

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

What does IMGBurn or dvdinfo report as the disc MID?

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk
I think we had a cross post? I am not sure about your question. "MID"? I am using Burnaware Pro. I forgot to save any log file from the "bad" burn [while closing the track] and am doing another burn with the same ISO right now.
EDIT: I got the same error again while closing the track. This is frustrating. I have never had two "Closing Track" errors back to back. With Burnaware, I am not sure if it even creates a log file. I am rebooting to see if this makes any difference. The only Blu-Ray burner I have is an LG WH16NS40. Firmware v1.02 I'll take a break and wait for some more feedback.
EDIT2: Could the ISO be the issue? I ripped "True Grit" [1969] Blu-Ray to ISO yesterday with no issues reported from AnyDVD. I have been using the above drive for a while burning ISOs and have never had back-to-back "Closing Track" errors.
EDIT3: [Desperation] I installed ImgBurn and am using it to try to burn the ISO. I will report back later.

Last edited:
Reboot. ImgBurn installed. Successful burn. Log file attached. This does not answer the question(s):
1. Were the two failed [consecutive "Close Track" errors] burns due to bad media?
2. Does a reboot solve anything like this?
3. Does ImgBurn solve anything?
a. Does the log file reveal anything? [It does not tell me "squat"]
b. What does "MID" mean? I think I figured this out. The media is posted above.
4. Other questions, I overlooked?

EDIT: Hmm, this is a media thread. OK. Can someone who has used the above media at least comment on it's reliability??

Attachments

• True_Grit_1969_ImgBurn.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
That imgburn log wasn't what i asked for but it did contain much of the needed info.

Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q HC01: HC01 is the firmware revision, i think there's a newer version SC01 but not sure as i can't find any reference on google to an hc01 version. Link: http://www.firmwarehq.com/Samsung/TS-H653Q/files.html That said, it won't matter in this case as that's not a BD drive and your BD burner is using the most recent firmware. Your verbatim blanks are also the proper MID (MID: Media Identifier, in the IMGBurn log: I 18:43:02 Destination Media Type: BD-R (Disc ID: VERBAT-IMf-000))

It's definitely not bad media, you're using the good stuff. I'm leaning towards burnaware crap (personal view), Since I moved from Nero 8 (last good version) to IMGBurn (
when nero 9 became a bloatware piece of crap) i never looked back. I use it for ALL my burning needs. From CD to Blu-ray. Reboots don't fix track closing errors. That's down to the burner.

Try using IMGburn for your next couple burns, if my guess is right, your burn problems will be gone. If they continue, swap out the drive, definitely not the media.

That imgburn log wasn't what i asked for but it did contain much of the needed info.

Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q HC01: HC01 is the firmware revision, i think there's a newer version SC01 but not sure as i can't find any reference on google to an hc01 version. Link: http://www.firmwarehq.com/Samsung/TS-H653Q/files.html That said, it won't matter in this case as that's not a BD drive and your BD burner is using the most recent firmware. Your verbatim blanks are also the proper MID (MID: Media Identifier, in the IMGBurn log: I 18:43:02 Destination Media Type: BD-R (Disc ID: VERBAT-IMf-000))

It's definitely not bad media, you're using the good stuff. I'm leaning towards burnaware crap (personal view), Since I moved from Nero 8 (last good version) to IMGBurn (
when nero 9 became a bloatware piece of crap) i never looked back. I use it for ALL my burning needs. From CD to Blu-ray. Reboots don't fix track closing errors. That's down to the burner.

Try using IMGburn for your next couple burns, if my guess is right, your burn problems will be gone. If they continue, swap out the drive, definitely not the media.
I only use my BD drive these days. What log did you want? I can use ImgBurn as long as it works. [The discussion about it not being updated since 2013 was in a another thread] Going forward, if using ImgBurn produces one successful burn after another, at some point, maybe, we can make an assumption that Burnaware was the issue. This will take a while.

Back