• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New poster with problems

Ronald Beck

I'm trying to copy my DVD of "Little Big League", And I keep getting the error "FileIO 3 VTS_02_1.VOB 4260605952 409600".

I own this disk
I was ripping to a DVD folder on my hard drive
I am using the latest release of RedFox, 8.1.5.0
I have attached the log file for this DVD
I have a few others that have the same problem.
I use these copies to play on my TV's Kodi box

Please let me know what settings I need to get this ripped to my PC.

Thanks,
Ron

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.5.0_Info_D_LITTLE_BIG_LEAGUE.ziplog
    122.6 KB · Views: 3
Your drive's region is not set:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.5.0, BDPHash.bin 17-06-16)
PLDS DVD+-RW DU-8A5LH DD11 2014/07/04 17:06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
EXIT AnyDVD to set the region properly.

If AnyDVD is running,even if disabled, it fools Windows about the region being set.

After setting the region try the DVD again. If you still get errors post a new log file.

Ok, I was able to set the region, and rip "Little Big League" to my HDD, and play it via Kodi.

Now, I'm on to "Night at the Museum".
Again,
I own this disk
I am ripping to a DVD folder on my hard drive
I have stopped AnyDVD, set the region to 1, and restarted AnyDVD

Error: FileIO 3 VTS_05_1.VOB 381550592 585728

Thanks,
Ron

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.5.0_Info_D_A_NIGHT_AT_THE_MUSEUM_D1_FF.ziplog
    100 KB · Views: 14
Ok, you have properly set your drive's region, you have listed the error you get and you have created a new log file.

Now it is up to the developers.

The log file and what error you receive will definitely help them to help you. Thank you! :)

Is it the original movie from 2006 you're trying? Cause if it is, there's zero chance of it being a protection issue if u cant rip night. That's a 2006 title

Maybe too dirty, or too much scratched disc.

If yes, perhaps some video rent shops might have a CD-cleaning-/buffing machine.
(At least know one here)
----

Have you ripped it to HDD with Windows Explorer or with AnyDVD-"Rip to HDD" ?

Nethertheless, maybe "Rip to Image", which creates an ISO-Image file with AnyDVD might help, if "Rip to HDD" -option by AnyDVD is not working.
The Image can be mounted with Virtual Clone Drive from Redfox (which is free of charge), (or Daemon tools/ Alcohol sofware etc.)

When doing Rip to HDD it's the same I think when ripping it entirely to a folder with CloneDVD.
But those both methods modifiy/ (at least do sometimes modify) the *.VOB files a bit at the copy process.
I do not know what exactly is modified but saw a bit smaller or bigger *.VOB video files after copy process with "Rip to HDD".

Because it might modify the files a bit it could be a disturbing factor, that's why I suggested with Rip to Image, which does not modify in such a way, and the structure (file sizes of files) at least look identical to within the DVD.

Last edited:
Okay, this is an original movie from 2006. It doesn't look scratched, as some of my others do, but it is possible. I always attempt to rip to my hard drive with AnyDVD, to a separate directory for each movie.
I did try ripping this to an ISO image, and got "Error reading from drive D:! Sectors 329820-329849" I also tried CloneDVD, and got an error message indicating that the media might need cleaning. So I may try that. I'll add that to my "clean this" pile.

Any other suggestions on this?

If you bought it new, return/exchange it. Otherwise get a new copy, there's zero chance of it being protection related

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It is helpful to look at the disc in a certain angle when holding it toward the light from the window from outside. But the light should not be too much intense.
The light in my chamber is a bit diffuse, and here I can see much better any dust, scratch, blurring (e.g. from oxidation).
In bathroom it's too much diffuse and sometimes too lightish from the pattern on bathroom window, and I here can't detect so good any dust any disc pollution, in my room it's clearly visible, due to better light conditions ;)

Good thought but no dice unfortunately. Even the brightest light won't shine a light (pun intended) on microscopic defects in the recording layer.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Exactly. Good lighting and magnification will show a more "obvious" error. But it only take one microscopic byte to fail to read to get a File IO3 error.
The suggestion to take it to a rental shop for "machining" was a good one.
File IO3 is always defines as a "READ ERROR" on the disc.
-W

Ok, I was able to set the region, and rip "Little Big League" to my HDD, and play it via Kodi.

Now, I'm on to "Night at the Museum".
Again,
I own this disk
I am ripping to a DVD folder on my hard drive
I have stopped AnyDVD, set the region to 1, and restarted AnyDVD

Error: FileIO 3 VTS_05_1.VOB 381550592 585728

Thanks,
Ron
Code:
26.30s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5 // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
39.91s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5 // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
47.36s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5 // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR
54.67s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5 // **** L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR

Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

Thanks all. I'll run it up to a reseller I know that has the resurfacing equipment. I'll post the results.

hI,
just a quick note; it was recommended to try toothpaste as a buffing and cleaning agent. That worked well on a couple of DVDs. I then found a bottle of "Scratch-dini" scratch remover, left from my pinball repair days. I also have some polishing gel used to buff the surface of acrylic I use when turning pen blanks on my lathe. All of these did a good enough job to get the DVDs to a readable surface. I also have some 12000 grit polishing I may try on a mangled dvd that I don't care about.

hI,
just a quick note; it was recommended to try toothpaste as a buffing and cleaning agent. That worked well on a couple of DVDs. I then found a bottle of "Scratch-dini" scratch remover, left from my pinball repair days. I also have some polishing gel used to buff the surface of acrylic I use when turning pen blanks on my lathe. All of these did a good enough job to get the DVDs to a readable surface. I also have some 12000 grit polishing I may try on a mangled dvd that I don't care about.

Running it up to the reseller is faster. :D
-W

hI,
Toothpaste will scratch the hell out of the disc. It's only a buck or 2 to let a pro polish it to a glossy surface with his machine.

Back