• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia Protected Disks and Blu-ray Players (disks and players ONLY)

I apologize, RedFox 1, but I respectfully beg to differ.

For someone like me who didn't just buy his HD AVR merely for looks, but likes to enjoy those HD audio codecs on it from backup sources in addition to originals, I require all of my media to retain the original HD audio if it comes with it. CloneBD doesn't provide you with an HD audio track (DTS-HD MA, Dolby TrueHD or Dolby Atmos) after removal of Cinavia, only AC3 according to its description. Also, everyone doesn't own a copy of CloneBD.

This makes me wonder why you're so averse to people sharing information on here about Cinavia-infected movies and players.
Did you come here to argue with me or to make up things I never said. I never said I was adverse to Cinavia movies and players. I said there are thousands of players built before 2012 that will play Cinavia movies with no issues. You can share all you want, but if you have come here to be abusive then we have an issue. If everyone doesn't own a copy of CloneBD LOL, they should.. If my opinions do not meet your requirements then so be it.I can have my opinions, if you do not like them then I am sorry, Cinavia is still not important imho.

Oppo players seem to be roughly more than 500 USD? [I guess they are less expensive used] I have not looked all through this thread. But, is there a effective firmware update of some less expensive players? An update that removes Cinavia detection? [I only ask here because of the list in the initial post]

Last edited:
I added a Panasonic DMP-BD85 [Firmware v1.64] that I purchased at Ebay to my home theater setup. [It was recommended by a fellow member here]. So far, I have tested 4 Cinavia infected discs with no problem. This is the way I am going for now. Who knows? Maybe Cinavia will "go away" at some point? What about UHD/4K?

That's because that player dates back to 2010 (or earlier) i have it myself. Well BEFORE cinavia became mandatory (feb 1st, 2012). Even with the most recent firmware, it lacks the needed hardware to do so.

That's because that player dates back to 2010 (or earlier) i have it myself. Well BEFORE cinavia became mandatory (feb 1st, 2012). Even with the most recent firmware, it lacks the needed hardware to do so.
Thx. This is good. That means that at least 3 members have the same player [probably more]. This gives me confidence that it will handle most [if not all] discs and especially Cinavia infected discs.
My Ebay purchase lacked the USB plug-in WiFi adapter. But, since I was already using a Roku for this purpose, it does not matter.
[Ironically, I got started down the "HD path" with a holiday gifted LG BP135 in 2013. It seems that this was just in time to have Cinavia detection. It was not until late 2014 I got my first HD flat screen. And, it was some time after that I got my first Cinavia watermark and into the "murky" world of dealing with Cinavia]

I got the adapter but it's pretty useless. No more firmware updates, barely any discs use bd-live (was stupid anyway) and it's dlna capabilities are a mere drop in the ocean to what Plex can do for example. As a player it's awesome

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Sony BDP-S380: as best I can determine, firmware M06.R.0579 was the last firmware released for the S380 that is cinavia free. Does anyone have this firmware stashed away somewhere?

So new protections could be introduced, but, I don't think they care about blu-ray anymore. This is the part people are failing to understand with what I said. There's no money in adding new protections to the blu-ray spec. The studios see the writing on the wall in streaming, as does Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, Amazon, Red Box, etc, etc. I don't see the blu-ray format itself surviving more than another 5 years. There's no incentive in investing more money to change the format at this point. The money is better spent on developing 4K streaming and DRM for those things.
Hah, very nice speech BUT I disagree to an extent - until *Everyone* in the world has internet as a necessity like water, food, air and shelter and not as a luxury, you won't be seeing bluray disappear any time soon.....Well it's almost four years now, coming five soon, and I see retail/online stores and the like still selling them........and they've introduced the new 4K UHD bluray format which, you guessed it - is a new bluray format!

@Tha Watcher post edited and white font color removed. Made it extremely hard if not impossible to read the post. For the record NO cinavia removal software (there's a few) have hd audio in their output. There's a real simple reason, there currently is no freeware or open source hd audio encoder in existence. Only decoders, and the hd encoders that do exist are very expensive.
Is this still true in 2018 and the only way to remove this DRM completely is to downgrade the audio quality?

Also to add to the list - Angry Birds, Sausage Party and the new Final Fantasy movie has this DRM....

You do know this topic has been dead for a year right? 4K is nothing new anymore, and yes it's still true

I forgot to add this in my last post, but will add it here instead:
Software Players that DONT contain Cinavia at the current time:
CyberLink PowerDVD 10
It does now, I got pegged for playing Sausage Party on my Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 software copy whilst having AnyDVD HD running in the background passively decrypting the disc as it plays.

Does anyone know where I can get older copies of Cyberlink PowerDVDs(Cyberlink of course don't sell any of the older copies.....and I don't particularly wanna stick my finger in a worm/virus infested hole....)? Could try the oldest version that still has support for bluray playback, I believe that's Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 Ultra as I remember, because I had PowerDVD 6 and it didn't have bluray playback support or and any of the lossless audio codecs either, like DTS HD MA or Dolby TrueHD........

You do know this topic has been dead for a year right? 4K is nothing new anymore, and yes it's still true
Oh.....well I just happen to come across this thread whilst googling for ways to beat the blasted Cinavia....hahahahaha

If you are going to watch a movie with PowerDVD then just use the "Prevent software player from detecting Cinavia" setting in AnyDVD. AFAIK, this setting works on all older and current PowerDVD versions that contain Cinavia detection and enforcement.

If you are going to watch a movie with PowerDVD then just use the "Prevent software player from detecting Cinavia" setting in AnyDVD. AFAIK, this setting works on all older and current PowerDVD versions that contain Cinavia detection and enforcement.
It's too bad that no one has figured out how to do this in home theatre Blu-Ray players. It's good. I know, in general, there is no way to do this.

Oh there was an option for this?! Cool.....didn't even know.....how does it even prevent powerdvd from detecting the watermark? The only way would be to renable the AACS streaming so that powerdvd says "Ok yep, this movie is protected so I won't peg this viewer with the DRM message"....

and the hd encoders that do exist are very expensive.
How much expensive? What's the figure? I'm sure if anyone who is willing to backup their own purchased blurays for private purposes, they would be willing to fork out extra for perfection....

I know I would, to hell with all this bullcrap DRM nonesense and pirates just get them for free still anyways and with no bullshit too on top of that(though of course they won't get the quality of a 1:1 bluray rip - I don't think any sharing sites actually do share 1:1 quality rips? or at least the last time I check anyways...most "grey area" free movie streaming sites provide like *supposed* bluray 1080p rip qualities, but when you actually go to watch it it's all in 360p with audio quality that sounds like they were taped from a crappy mic! hahahahaha.....1080p my ass...hahaha); us paying movie goers are the ones getting pegged for this!

Last edited:
Saw that Oppo is going out of business and I know they are famous on this board for no Cinavia. It got me thinking. I have battled Cinavia for many years like most people here. I have an old Oppo dvd player I bought in 06. It's burued deep in a cabinet. Wonder if I could plug a portable HDD in there to play dvd and blu ray files with no Cinavia. Don't have the model number. Sorry. Just thinking out loud. I should just shut up, dig the thing out and try it. A little history. Have an old Sony blu ray player I bought on 2012. Works great for HDDs 2TB or less. Recently bought a NVDA shield tv and that plays everything I throw at it. Very happy. Well worth the 200. A friend found it for 150 last black Fri without the game controller. Wonder if NVDA will do the same sale this Fall.

Saw that Oppo is going out of business and I know they are famous on this board for no Cinavia. It got me thinking. I have battled Cinavia for many years like most people here. I have an old Oppo dvd player I bought in 06. It's burued deep in a cabinet. Wonder if I could plug a portable HDD in there to play dvd and blu ray files with no Cinavia. Don't have the model number. Sorry. Just thinking out loud. I should just shut up, dig the thing out and try it. A little history. Have an old Sony blu ray player I bought on 2012. Works great for HDDs 2TB or less. Recently bought a NVDA shield tv and that plays everything I throw at it. Very happy. Well worth the 200. A friend found it for 150 last black Fri without the game controller. Wonder if NVDA will do the same sale this Fall.

My 103D has enough power in their USB port to play a WD portable drive.

Western Digital is offering their Recertified My Passport 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (Many Colors) w/ 6 Month Warranty for a low $29.99 Free Shipping after Code: "WDJUNESALE"

https://www.wdc.com/products/wd-recertified/my-passport.html#RWDBYNN0010BBL-WESN

My 103D has enough power in their USB port to play a WD portable drive.

Western Digital is offering their Recertified My Passport 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (Many Colors) w/ 6 Month Warranty for a low $29.99 Free Shipping after Code: "WDJUNESALE"

https://www.wdc.com/products/wd-recertified/my-passport.html#RWDBYNN0010BBL-WESN

Got a WD 4 TB for $80 last week on ebay. I don't usually mess with 1 TB drives. Sometimes, I'll do a 2 TB if I find a great deal. My new Nvidia Shield TV will handle any drive I throw at it so I see only 4 TB drives in my future. It also does not have probs with the WD drives that my Sony blu ray player would not recognize.

Back