• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
Hi, mine had choppy video until I upgraded to 32g ram.

What? 32GB RAM? I am sorry, can you just remind me what your HW is, please? ASRock Z270 ITX and S11J drive, right? I do not understand why would you need so much RAM. To play MKVs or to playback UHD BD? You mentioned i5 CPU in some older post, which model is that?

What? 32GB RAM? I am sorry, can you just remind me what your HW is, please? ASRock Z270 ITX and S11J drive, right? I do not understand why would you need so much RAM. To play MKVs or to playback UHD BD? You mentioned i5 CPU in some older post, which model is that?
Hi Triffid, it is the 7500, 3.8 ghz. max. All the specs are correct u mentioned. I just know that when I upgraded my ram, it worked fine with the videos. An older game also played very well also. 4k blurays played fine at that time before the new ram as far as I remember.

Hi Triffid, it is the 7500, 3.8 ghz. max. All the specs are correct u mentioned. I just know that when I upgraded my ram, it worked fine with the videos. An older game also played very well also. 4k blurays played fine at that time before the new ram as far as I remember.
Perhaps the new RAM was faster RAM or maybe you changed from single channel to dual channel.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Well, I got the same type, brand and amount as the other stick. It seems the more ram, the better for the CPU to run smoother.

Last edited:
I finally got SGX enabled according to the Cyberlink Ultra HD Blu-Ray Advisor, which a royal pain the butt, so I thought I'd document how I did it here.

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E motherboard with an Intel Core i7 7700k processor, which both support SGX, but in the BIOS settings, your only options are Disabled, and Software Controlled (defaulting to the latter). The Intel tool listed in this thread and the Cyberlink tool were both saying SGX disabled. According to https://software.intel.com/en-us/ar...oftware-guard-extensions-in-your-applications Software Controlled means that a Windows app using the Intel SGX SDK needs to call some special function to enable it. Okay, but what software? Googling doesn't find any, so I decide I'll have to download the (free) SDK and find some sample code or something. I register for the SDK, and try to install the PNW piece of it, which seems to be the distributable that software the uses SGX should install on end user machines, and contains the DLL my first reference said has the function for enabling it. What the heck!? A bit more digging, and I find an sgx_capable.dll and header file that you're supposed to package with your installer, and not even install the PNW if SGX isn't available. Ok, so, I can link against this, and use the following code:

Code:
    sgx_status_t status;
    sgx_device_status_t device_status;
    int capable;
    status = sgx_is_capable(&capable);
    status = sgx_cap_enable_device(&device_status);

status keeps returning success, with capable saying false, and device status giving me error SGX_DISABLED_LEGACY_OS, /* SGX is disabled and a Software Control Interface is not available to enable it */. Seriously? I have Windows 10 x64, on a brand new CPU and mobo! A bit more googling - I install the latest Intel Management Engine (which may or may not be required to enable or use SGX), and that didn't help. Finally a find a hint that the API to enable SGX requires EFI. Bingo!! I haven't done a fresh install of Windows in over a decade (seriously! this computer started as Windows Vista). Search for a tutorial to convert from MBR to GPT and enable EFI booting, which went off without a hitch. The Cyberlink tool still says no SGX, so I run my code. At first I got a different error (can't remember which, but it was obvious I needed to run it as admin). Try again... this time capable returns true! And the device_status is SGX_DISABLED_REBOOT_REQUIRED. Reboot, and no the Cyberlink tool is happy with my SGX!! Success!

So, tl;dr: if your BIOS doesn't let you force enable SGX (and maybe even if it does?) you need to boot via EFI, and enable SGX via special software. How a mere mortal consumer is supposed to figure that out is beyond me.

Oh, and for those suggesting AnyDVD just trick Cyberlink by setting a flag that SGX exists... that's not going to work. It's kind of a whole runtime environment that PDVD is using to decrypt stuff under. AnyDVD would have to implement an entire SGX simulator (one actually comes with the SGX SDK, but I don't know how complete it is), and convince PDVD to use it rather than the real SDK.

Anyhow, for me, I just need an HDCP 2.2 connection (my mobo only does HDMI 1.4 on the HDMI output, so I ordered a proper DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a active converter, since I'm pretty sure the DisplayPort output supports HDCP 2.2), and hope for a firmware update to my LG SVC50 drive, or order the panny, or wait for a US release of one that will work. I also really hope the HDCP 2.2 is just a soft requirement, and that it will let me watch UHD discs on a 1080p display with current gen HDCP by downconverting, like a hardware UHD player would do.

If you want to enable SGX with the minimum steps and without resorting to building any code, here's the method which worked for me :

1. You do need to boot UEFI, but if you are booting Legacy and have Windows 10 Creator's Build and can get the number of Primary partitions down to 3, check out https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/81502-convert-windows-10-legacy-bios-uefi-without-data-loss.html. Using MBR2GPT.EXE you can achieve this on or offline and verify that it's going to work before you commit to using it. It worked OK for me. (But I did image my System drive before trying it !!!!!)

2. Set SGX to 'controlled by software' in the BIOS.

3. I was already running Intel Management Engine 11.6.0.1030, which is later than the prerequisite version, but just in case the full install is required I ran setupME.exe and elected to repair the installation. I can't confirm if this step is essential.

4. If you run the SGX Platform Capability Tool at this point, you will get the result : 'Intel(R) SGX is not yet enabled, but will be enabled by any Intel SGX application'

5. You only need to install one piece of software to achieve this and you don't need to install Visual Studio or the SGX SDK or build any code.

6. All you need to install is the SGX PSW from here https://software.intel.com/en-us/sgx-sdk/download. You need to register an interest but it's a free download. You only need the first item listed. Platform software for Intel® Software Guard Extensions for Windows* (Intel® SGX SDK for Windows*).

6 Unzip the .exe file and in the \installs folder there's an msi file. You must use the msi file from an admin commandline using the following command : e.g. msiexec /i SGX_PSW_nnn.msi. You should have a new entry in your Programs/Features list - Intel Software Guard Extensions Platform Software

7. Reboot your machine. Run the Cyberlink UHD Blu-Ray Advisor- Intel SGX Technology Main Board - Pass

Can anyone help me get 3D bluyray disks working with POWER DVD16 Ultra on my LG OLED55C6V passive glasses tv? It only seems to work via 2D - 3D conversion not true 3D!

EDIT: it's sorted, on the LG's you need to choice 720p @60Hz in Nviida control panel setting NOT 1080p @24Hz.

Last edited:
If you want to enable SGX with the minimum steps and without resorting to building any code, here's the method which worked for me :

1. You do need to boot UEFI, but if you are booting Legacy and have Windows 10 Creator's Build and can get the number of Primary partitions down to 3, check out https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/81502-convert-windows-10-legacy-bios-uefi-without-data-loss.html. Using MBR2GPT.EXE you can achieve this on or offline and verify that it's going to work before you commit to using it. It worked OK for me. (But I did image my System drive before trying it !!!!!)

2. Set SGX to 'controlled by software' in the BIOS.

3. I was already running Intel Management Engine 11.6.0.1030, which is later than the prerequisite version, but just in case the full install is required I ran setupME.exe and elected to repair the installation. I can't confirm if this step is essential.

4. If you run the SGX Platform Capability Tool at this point, you will get the result : 'Intel(R) SGX is not yet enabled, but will be enabled by any Intel SGX application'

5. You only need to install one piece of software to achieve this and you don't need to install Visual Studio or the SGX SDK or build any code.

6. All you need to install is the SGX PSW from here https://software.intel.com/en-us/sgx-sdk/download. You need to register an interest but it's a free download. You only need the first item listed. Platform software for Intel® Software Guard Extensions for Windows* (Intel® SGX SDK for Windows*).

6 Unzip the .exe file and in the \installs folder there's an msi file. You must use the msi file from an admin commandline using the following command : e.g. msiexec /i SGX_PSW_nnn.msi. You should have a new entry in your Programs/Features list - Intel Software Guard Extensions Platform Software

7. Reboot your machine. Run the Cyberlink UHD Blu-Ray Advisor- Intel SGX Technology Main Board - Pass

I tried this with my GB Z270X Gaming K5

Strange thing:

When I get the bios sgx setting at software control (as mentioned in this guide), intel sgx software refuses to install (error: not sgx compatible platform - check bios)

I have to set bios sgx @ enable for the sgx software to be installed

Reading through this tread and some other forums I am a bit confused. Can UHD disc playback on a system without SGX? Basically I was looking at building a new Ryzen system but I want to be able to read UHD Blu-rays. Sorry for asking, I just am a little confused by the info I am reading-some saying you don't need an SGX CPU with conflicting information to why not.

You're better off asking cyberlink that one. The only info available I can see on the cyberlink site is Intel only with SGX support. Meaning z270 chipset or higher.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

You're better off asking cyberlink that one. The only info available I can see on the cyberlink site is Intel only with SGX support. Meaning z270 chipset or higher.

I was messing around today with my system and decided to play around with the SGX setting in my BIOS. It's there but disabled by default. I have the Maximus VIII Extreme (Z170) mobo. I switched it to software controlled. Rebooted. Ran the CyberLink UHD Advisor and it failed the test but I had the option of installing the SGX Platform Software so I did. Rebooted. Ran the test again. According to CyberLink my system now passes the SGX test but fails overall. I still can't playback UHD, however, because: (1) I don't even have a UHD drive, and (2) I am using an NVIDIA GTX 780.
UHD.png

That's because the 780 is a security leak. It doesn't support SGX and neither does my 1080 ATM. Though rumor has it Nvidia might be working on an implementation. For uhd playback SGX requires a closed system. From input (drive) to output (screen) and the only way possible right now is if the output device is controlled by SGX. In this case the CPU's graphics component. Hook your screen up to one of the onboard video ports and try again.

Where did you find that setting btw, mine's the formula I might have a look around. Bios might be due for an update anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

That's because the 780 is a security leak. It doesn't support SGX and neither does my 1080 ATM. Though rumor has it Nvidia might be working on an implementation. For uhd playback SGX requires a closed system. From input (drive) to output (screen) and the only way possible right now is if the output device is controlled by SGX. In this case the CPU's graphics component. Hook your screen up to one of the onboard video ports and try again.

Where did you find that setting btw, mine's the formula I might have a look around. Bios might be due for an update anyway.

I knew it would fail because of the 780. That was a given. I just didn't expect to be able to pass the SGX test. The CyberLink Advisor actually downloaded and installed the SGX Platform Software for me. The BIOS setting location was under Advanced > CPU in the BIOS, I believe.

No surprise it can pass the SGX test if it has SGX in the BIOS. The Z170 chipset is also supported for UHD playback as long as it has SGX and you can access the Intel GPU.

If my Z170 chipset laptop allowed me access to the Intel GPU then it would pass everything on the list

No surprise it can pass the SGX test if it has SGX in the BIOS. The Z170 chipset is also supported for UHD playback as long as it has SGX and you can access the Intel GPU.

If my Z170 chipset laptop allowed me access to the Intel GPU then it would pass everything on the list

I haven't really worried about UHD so I never did much reading on all the requirements. I had thought 7th gen Intel CPUs (Kaby Lake) were a requirement. My CPU is a Skylake (i7 6700K). Apparently the early 6700K CPUs did not support SGX but subsequent ones did.

I haven't really worried about UHD so I never did much reading on all the requirements. I had thought 7th gen Intel CPUs (Kaby Lake) were a requirement. My CPU is a Skylake (i7 6700K). Apparently the early 6700K CPUs did not support SGX but subsequent ones did.

Yes, theoretically a later 6700K could work but I do not think anyone has got it fully working. I sold my 6700K just before I got a UHD drive so never got to try it. Z170 motherboard is confirmed as working though I have that running with a 7700K (although HDR seems to only semi-working on Z170). But another thing to consider is that the 6700K will not hardware decode 10-bit HEVC so it would have to work pretty hard playback the contents of a UHD blu-ray...

It's got something to do with the S-spec code on the 6700k box. I remember mine marching for support. But it's 'weird' your board passes at all. Cyberlink site says z270.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It's got something to do with the S-spec code on the 6700k box. I remember mine marching for support. But it's 'weird' your board passes at all. Cyberlink site says z270.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Z170 and Z270 are almost the same as far as I understand. I think Z270 has some re-arranged/re-configured PCI lanes, Optane support, and maybe some other minor features + newer BIOS. But the rest should be very similar. When I got my UHD drive some Z270 boards had been presented but they were not available in stores yet. So I tested with the Z170 board I already had and it worked (like I suspected it would). To be honest I don't think Cyberlink had even published their full requirements back then...

The ASUS M8E has one HDMI port and it's version 1.4b. So, it fails. There is also a DisplayPort 1.2 but I don't believe DisplayPort supported HDCP 2.2 until version 1.3. So, in the end it appears UHD won't be possible.

Well, I got the same type, brand and amount as the other stick. It seems the more ram, the better for the CPU to run smoother.
Well if you only had one stick of RAM before you would almost definitely have been stuck at a low memory bandwidth.
You nearly always need to split the memory between two (sometimes four) sticks to get the full memory bandwidth the chipset is capable of.

Reading through this tread and some other forums I am a bit confused. Can UHD disc playback on a system without SGX? Basically I was looking at building a new Ryzen system but I want to be able to read UHD Blu-rays. Sorry for asking, I just am a little confused by the info I am reading-some saying you don't need an SGX CPU with conflicting information to why not.

No, SGX is mandatory. So no Ryzen for now.

The ASUS M8E has one HDMI port and it's version 1.4b. So, it fails. There is also a DisplayPort 1.2 but I don't believe DisplayPort supported HDCP 2.2 until version 1.3. So, in the end it appears UHD won't be possible.

Z170, Z270 and Z370 chipsets/motherboards do not have native support for HDMI 2.0. That is why the manufacturers must use a LSPCON chip if they want to make a motherboard with onboard HDMI 2.0. And that is why there is so few of these boards. In theory it should be possible to do the same externally - i.e. to put an active adapter from DP to HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 between your Z170 DP output and your HDMI 2.0 monitor.

Back