• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with John Wick: Chapter 2

Thanks 92mustang...

please see attached.
Cheers
DN

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.3_Info_D_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    393.8 KB · Views: 18
I tried ripping with 8140 would not rip download 8143 beta and it rip fine. I only rip the main movie without menus and it played fine on my computer going to use nero recode to convert to mp4

OK...tried ripping the movie only and STILL missing the beginning of the movie. It's the only file shown in CLoneDVD that is 2+ hours long. I can't understand why I used to see three versions of the movie while using 8140, then I upgraded to the beta 8143 and get the results I see now (one incomplete version). I'll repeat, even though I downgrade back to 8140 I STILL only see one incomplete version.?????
Stumped....

OK...tried ripping the movie only and STILL missing the beginning of the movie. It's the only file shown in CLoneDVD that is 2+ hours long. I can't understand why I used to see three versions of the movie while using 8140, then I upgraded to the beta 8143 and get the results I see now (one incomplete version). I'll repeat, even though I downgrade back to 8140 I STILL only see one incomplete version.?????
Stumped....

Are you uninstalling via Programs and Features and then installing the new version between each update? When downgrading I don't recommend simply installing one version over another.

I was able to get a good movie-only rip & burn from a Red-Box disc using 8.1.4.3.

And I am only able to do this in versions prior to 8.1.4.3 beta. So, it seems we have a number of different releases floating that act in different ways. I suspect someone should start compiling different versions via UPC or some other method and grouping them accordingly because a hodge podge thread with some versions not working at all, some partially working, and some saying everything works completely leads to a wall of noise for everyone involved.

Example being that I started my own John Wick: Chapter 2 [Best Buy steelbook] thread so it solely pertains to the steelbook release which clearly differs from [some] other releases.

I wasn't 'uninstalling' it...was just overwriting the previous version. BUT...I was just going to send the two logs of each version (8140 & 8143) then I noticed that in 8140 I could see all three versions again!!! So, I'm ripping Chapter29 as I've seen in previous replies to this thread. will let you know how it goes. I'm including both logs from each version anyway so you can see the differences between them with this release of JW2.
Cheers

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.0_Info_D_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    385 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.1.4.3_Info_D_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    393.7 KB · Views: 4
I'm also having problems copying John Wick. I use clonedvd and your up to date version of anydvd and they have never failed me yet. It shows 3-2hr choices to pick from in the menu and I tried all 3 but the finished copies won't play. Anyone else have problems?

Here is how I made a 1:1 copy of John Wick 2.

Tools used:

A PC running Windows XP SP3
A Toshiba Samsung DVD-RW drive
Anydvd 8.1.4.0
Clone dvd 2.9.3.3 (whatever the latest version is)
A blu ray player made before 2012 (no cinavia hardware or other stupid hardware to software anti-copy protections on these devices)

Insert JW 2 disc and let any dvd do it's thing. Open clone dvd and unselect the 2 bogus files that are 2:35:xx and be sure the title that's 2:02:xx is selected. On some discs this is title 24 and 29 on others. Now just click next and copy the disc like you would normally using clone dvd.

I also found this .pdf file while scouring Google for how this screen pass protection works. It seems Sony is able to monitor this forum and find out where people are with this copy protection.

Attachments

• tmp_30684-SPE - Screen Pass July 20121020283549.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Okay, there is room for confusion here so I am responding for clarification purposes.

How is a backup 1:1 if you are not including everything? Once you deselect something it isn't 1:1. Secondly, so are you preserving the menus or not? Because if you do and have a release like mine then selecting to play from the Menu will not magically play the proper title. It'll point towards a bogus one.

Again, this isn't an attack. I just am having trouble understanding people talking about working 1:1 backups and how people are explaining it.

Last edited:
Okay, there is room for confusion here so I am responding for clarification purposes.

How is a backup 1:1 if you are not including everything? Once you deselect something it isn't 1:1. Secondly, so are you preserving the menus or not? Because if you do and have a release like mine then selecting to play from the Menu will not magically play the proper title. It'll point towards a bogus one.

Again, this isn't an attack. I just am having trouble understanding people talking about working 1:1 backups and how people are explaining it.

I kept everything except the 2 bogus title sets....26 and 32 I think they were, can't really remember but they were both 2:35:xx long. Those are all I deselected. When I put the dvd in my player, it starts the previews. I push the menu button and my dvd player takes me to the root menu. I then push play while "play movie" is underlined and the movie plays. Seems to play fine. I only watched 5 minutes though and hit skip to the other chapters which seems to play fine as well.

Last edited:
FYI...John Wick: Chapter 2 worked for me.
Windows 7/64 bit/SP1. Netflix disc, R1. AnyDVD 8.1.4.3. Ripped to hard drive then used Shrink to re-author the ripped file. Only Title #24 (2:02:16) showed in Shrink. I always do movie only. Removed end credits, unwanted audio tracks and subtitles. Burned to Verbaitum blank. Works and looks great.
Good luck!

Got movie only using 8.1.4.3, 2:02, starting from the beginning and including credits at the end. Ripped to hard drive and then used 1 Click DVD Copy Pro as I normally do. Worked like a charm.

Here is how I made a 1:1 copy of John Wick 2.

Tools used:

A PC running Windows XP SP3
A Toshiba Samsung DVD-RW drive
Anydvd 8.1.4.0
Clone dvd 2.9.3.3 (whatever the latest version is)
A blu ray player made before 2012 (no cinavia hardware or other stupid hardware to software anti-copy protections on these devices)

Insert JW 2 disc and let any dvd do it's thing. Open clone dvd and unselect the 2 bogus files that are 2:35:xx and be sure the title that's 2:02:xx is selected. On some discs this is title 24 and 29 on others. Now just click next and copy the disc like you would normally using clone dvd.

I also found this .pdf file while scouring Google for how this screen pass protection works. It seems Sony is able to monitor this forum and find out where people are with this copy protection.
It should always be assumed that Sony & Others monitor certain websites! The Internet IS NOT Private.
It will always be a battle.

Right you are bunny dude. I'm from XDA developer forums. Cell phone carriers monitor the crap out of it to patch stuff the devs break thru.

AnyDVD V8.1.4.3 CloneDVD V 2.9.3.3
I've found a method to make the John Wick 2 DVD which works well. I'm a new member so bare with me.

I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD as usual, but I used the CloneDVD option to make an .ISO file instead of burning directly to the disk. I took the ISO file created and burned it to a DVD using "FreeISOBurner".

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.3_Info_E_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    944.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The problem is NOT in the burner section. The burner only burns what was compressed during cloning. No more, no less. The problem is that AnyDVD's latest beta currently cannot correctly handle this title.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

AnyDVD V8.1.4.3 CloneDVD V 2.9.3.3
I've found a method to make the John Wick 2 DVD which works well. I'm a new member so bare with me..
  • AnyDVD is not the problem.
  • The problem is in the burner section of CloneDVD.
I used AnyDVD and CloneDVD as usual, but I used the CloneDVD option to make an .ISO file instead of burning directly to the disk. I took the ISO file created and burned it to a DVD using "FreeISOBurn". A disk made this way works great. It's my opinion that the real solution to this John Wick Chapter 2 problem is to fix the disk burner section of CloneDVD. Right now I believe that any disk over 2 hours is susceptible to this problem and the problem is the burner of CloneDVD.

Well crap, I should have thought of that! I would've used IMGburn though for the .ISO file. I take it you unselected the bogus title sets before making the image file?

The problem is NOT in the burner section. The burner only burns what was compressed during cloning. No more, no less. The problem is that AnyDVD's latest beta currently cannot correctly handle this title.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
I don't know what this issue is. I used the beta file, used clonedvd2, and my pc is over 10yrs old.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back