• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Downloading AnyDVD comes up on firefox with a malware warning?

Allon

Says that it may harm my computer? So I remove. Is it true? Is there another source of the software that is clean? Any help on this would be much appreciated

Not true. Disable your antivirus for a few minutes and try again.
Run a scan after installing and your AV will not report anything harmful.

Wrong section, moved. Please use the search. False positive due to an issue 2 weeks ago.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Not true. Disable your antivirus for a few minutes and try again.
Run a scan after installing and your AV will not report anything harmful.
Thanks but it seems strange to me that i would get a warning (actually on two different computers now) like this if it wasnt genuine. Is there an explanation for it, as I am a bit wary of downloading anything when a message like that appears.

That's what the search will tell you. 2 weeks ago there was a DNS poisoning attack on the DNS servers. Redirecting some of the users to a copycat website that served a modified version with malware. This has been fixed on the RedFox end but not every browser / av has fixed it yet. This is due to how DNS servers work and the time they store the records.

There's only 1 thing you need to look at. All downloads from RedFox have a digital signature, if that's intact it's all good.

That's what the search will tell you. 2 weeks ago there was a DNS poisoning attack on the DNS servers. Redirecting some of the users to a copycat website that served a modified version with malware. This has been fixed on the RedFox end but not every browser / av has fixed it yet. This is due to how DNS servers work and the time they store the records.

There's only 1 thing you need to look at. All downloads from RedFox have a digital signature, if that's intact it's all good.

Thank you - I dont really understand the terminology you use because i am not very technologically aware but I will use the search and try to understand more. Sorry to appear stupid but how can I tell for example whether when I download from RedFox it has a digital signature or not before I run it?

The installer should prompt you and mention a 'publisher' before the setup actually launches. You can also right-click the file, go to properties and then digital signatures. It should say ' Shenzhen RedFox technology' or something, can't think of the exact thing ATM.

What happened in real simple terms is a hacker managed to fool some global servers into redirecting a small amount of users to a fake website with a malware version. The RedFox site itself was NOT compromised in any way.

The installer should prompt you and mention a 'publisher' before the setup actually launches. You can also right-click the file, go to properties and then digital signatures. It should say ' Shenzhen RedFox technology' or something, can't think of the exact thing ATM.

What happened in real simple terms is a hacker managed to fool some global servers into redirecting a small amount of users to a fake website with a malware version. The RedFox site itself was NOT compromised in any way.

Thank you very much - very kind of you.

Let me know when this issue is fixed I will not disable security on my browser to down load anything that my security says has malware or a virus attached no matter what any one says. The thing to do is get rid of the link and start over.

'The thing to do' is to report it as a 'false positive' to your security provider. 'Getting rid of the link' accomplishes nothing.

Let me know when this issue is fixed I will not disable security on my browser to down load anything that my security says has malware or a virus attached no matter what any one says. The thing to do is get rid of the link and start over.
Why come here asking for help and then totally ignoring the workaround?
"Let me know when this issue is fixed".
Umm, NO!

Why come here asking for help and then totally ignoring the workaround?
"Let me know when this issue is fixed".
Umm, NO!
Thank you - its not that I want a workaround - its that I want to be sure that when I download I am not downloading something nasty! Thanks.

That's what the digital signature is for allon. If it's missing = file has been tampered with. It's that simple but Yaris and d00zah weren't responding to you ;) They were responding to ceasefire49 demanding redfox "fix" things and let him know personally. Which is not going to happen because what redfox could do has been done, the browsers & AV products now need to update their definitions to say it's all clear again.

Back