• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

BEST SATA6 BLURAY reader writer for PC

The difference is basically speed/bandwidth capability - SATA 2 (3.0Gb/s) and SATA 3 (6.0Gb/s)
I don't know if there are any SATA 3 BD drives available - They won't exceed SATA 2 capabilities anyway.

LG and Pioneer seem to be most recommended.

Just checked my LG WH14NS40 and it looks like it is actually SATA 1 (1/5Gb.s)

Last edited:
Yeah, I am also trying to find a faster player. Been using my BDR506 for many years now and it too has a SATA speed of 1.5/GBs.
I assume the new Pioneer BDR-S11 4K players are going to have to have a faster SATA interface. But I can't find them anywhere yet.

Sadly, even the Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK is 1.5GBs.

Suggest you check again. It is NOT 1.5Gb/s but in fact 6 Gb/s.

Pioneers' website, along with dozens of other reputable review sites indicate that the drive adheres to Serial ATA Revision 3.0.

https://sata-io.org/sites/default/files/documents/SATA-Revision-3.0-Press-Release-FINAL-052609.pdf

"Serial ATA Revision 3.0 is a specification released by the Serial ATA International Organization. Serial ATA Revision 3.0 doubles the throughput of the previous specification from 3Gb/s to 6Gb/s, enabling faster data transfer speeds between storage units. Moreover, Serial ATA Revision 3.0 includes additional technologies, such as NCQ command, to improve the transmission technology and reduce the power consumption while transmitting."

Back