• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

They All Laughed

hart2hart

Both CloneDVD2 (at 65% for main title) and AnyDVD Rip to Harddisk (at 56% for disk) are getting read errors on this DVD. I've:

1. Cleaned the disk
2. Replaced the disk with Amazon
3. Tried in 3 drives
4. Tried in 2 PCs

Attached is logfile if this is some sort of physical protection and I need to change more settings. Otherwise, I guess is a bad batch of disks which I've only seen one other time in about 1,000 BD and DVD for movies and TV series.

Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_E_THEY_ALL_LAUGHED.ziplog
    105.3 KB · Views: 4
I installed 8.1.3.0 and got exact same results. New logfile attached.

Thanks.

This is an older DVD release. UPC is 026359060823

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.3.0_Info_E_THEY_ALL_LAUGHED.ziplog
    103 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Thanks.

Something for James to see. Once in a blue moon - there are regression issues.
Only he can make a final call.
-W

Thanks.

Although the evidence suggests otherwise, I believe it is a dirty and / or defective disc and / or drive.

Although the evidence suggests otherwise, I believe it is a dirty and / or defective disc and / or drive.

Thanks. I still have both DVDs so attached are a log from each of them. I took a simple look at the logs. Do they indicate the read issues are at two different locations?

Attachments

• First AnyDVD_8.1.3.0_Info_E_THEY_ALL_LAUGHED.ziplog
    103.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Second AnyDVD_8.1.3.0_Info_E_THEY_ALL_LAUGHED.ziplog
    103 KB · Views: 1
Thanks. I still have both DVDs so attached are a log from each of them. I took a simple look at the logs. Do they indicate the read issues are at two different locations?
Not exactly, but they are at similar positions around the layer break (located on the edge of the disc). This is not caused by a copy protection. Maybe a manufacturing error.

Not exactly, but they are at similar positions around the layer break (located on the edge of the disc). This is not caused by a copy protection. Maybe a manufacturing error.

Thanks. I'll source another DVD from someone else.

Note that the area near the outer rim of the disc seems more prone to flaws, if a disc has any flaws at all that is.
-W

Disc number 3 from another supplier had magic charm. Main movie ripped using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD.

Note that the area near the outer rim of the disc seems more prone to flaws, if a disc has any flaws at all that is.
-W
An older, heavily used for backups, drive can also have problems with the outer edge.

My DVD ripper PC has two drives, one for reading/ripping, the other for writing the backups. After several thousand hours ripping the drive is now having issues reading original discs near the end of the backup. Doesn't matter if I use CloneDVD or AnyDVD's built-in "Rip to file/folder" menu option.

Back