• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

La La Land Missing Chapter 11 Video

DG1456

Hello,

I mostly use DVD vs Blu Ray and finally had a problem with the old Sly Fox version not allowing the video on chapter 11 and 12 on La La Land (also had problems with Manchester By the Sea) so upgraded to the new RedFox v8.1.2 but still have the same issue. I have ripped the movie using Handbrake (missing Chapters 11 and 12 video, has audio, then picks up 13 on. I also tried CloneDVD and it missed only the video on Chapter 11. I used two different DVDs with similar issues (Chapter 11 video missing and sometimes 12). Log file is attached! I receive no errors during any of the rips and it takes the "normal" time to rip.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_E_LA_LA_LAND.ziplog
    265.4 KB · Views: 3
Hello,

I mostly use DVD vs Blu Ray and finally had a problem with the old Sly Fox version not allowing the video on chapter 11 and 12 on La La Land (also had problems with Manchester By the Sea) so upgraded to the new RedFox v8.1.2 but still have the same issue. I have ripped the movie using Handbrake (missing Chapters 11 and 12 video, has audio, then picks up 13 on. I also tried CloneDVD and it missed only the video on Chapter 11. I used two different DVDs with similar issues (Chapter 11 video missing and sometimes 12). Log file is attached! I receive no errors during any of the rips and it takes the "normal" time to rip.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!
Pretty sure for La La Land you need version 8.1.2.3 or later. Since the current release is 8.1.3.0, use that.

Pretty sure for La La Land you need version 8.1.2.3 or later. Since the current release is 8.1.3.0, use that.

I second that - sticky at the top of this forum has the download link.
-W

mmdavis and Clams, Thanks for the heads up on 8.1.3.0! I had checked the app and it said I had the latest version with 8.1.2.0.

I just tried it with 8.1.3.0 and Handbrake now finishes queue almost immediately with the following log info:
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 5.0.1
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdread: Can't open E:\ for reading
libdvdread: Device E:\ inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.
libdvdnav: Unable to open device file E:\.
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[14:17:19] scan: DVD has 19 title(s)

However I was able to use CloneDVD and get the entire DVD into VideoTS (which Handbrake still can't read)

Unfortunately Plex can't read TS so still trying to get it to mp4 format. Trying the RedFox rip to hard disk to see if that will be readable by Handbrake.

Thanks again for the quick replies!

Upgrade to 8130, rip, if that works and the "missing" chapter is present, then anydvd did it's job. Wouldn't be the first time there's a handbrake issue

Upgrade to 8130, rip, if that works and the "missing" chapter is present, then anydvd did it's job. Wouldn't be the first time there's a handbrake issue

Too True... I am used to Handbrake issues and occasionally having to rip multiple times but it has been the best I have used to date. I tired to uninstall HB and reinstall just to see if maybe that would help but it didn't.

Rip with 8130 completed and HB still sees through AnyDVDs cleaning... I know AnyDVD is working as CloneDVD was able to copy no problem but that just means that the Red Fox team can program compatibility within their programs but not in the larger environment. Will see if I have an HB alternative to try.

Too True... I am used to Handbrake issues and occasionally having to rip multiple times but it has been the best I have used to date. I tired to uninstall HB and reinstall just to see if maybe that would help but it didn't.

Rip with 8130 completed and HB still sees through AnyDVDs cleaning... I know AnyDVD is working as CloneDVD was able to copy no problem but that just means that the Red Fox team can program compatibility within their programs but not in the larger environment. Will see if I have an HB alternative to try.
Did you try the Handbrake workaround (libdvdnav thing, others know better)?

Advanced settings > Disable "libdvdnav" :) Good idea. Could work

mmdavis and Clams, Thanks for the heads up on 8.1.3.0! I had checked the app and it said I had the latest version with 8.1.2.0.

Just FTI - The very latest street release or incremental beta can always be found here.
Because this is where all the cool people hang out. :coolman:
-W

I just tried it with 8.1.3.0 and Handbrake now finishes queue almost immediately with the following log info:
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 5.0.1
libdvdnav: Unable to open device file E:\.
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[14:17:19] scan: DVD has 19 title(s)
As stated, the Handbrake problem is a four year old Handbrake problem. The work a round is:
The RED 2 issue with Handbrake is actually a problem with LibDVDNav. In Handbrake go to Tools > Options > Advanced > under DVD Reading check the "Disable LibDVDNav. (libdvdread will be used instead)" checkbox. Problem solved. Remember to switch it back when you're done.
Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 15th December 2013 at 02:11.
And if you want to convert to mp4 and use a program that works all the time, try CloneDVDmobile, version 1.2.0.1.

Last edited:
I know AnyDVD is working as CloneDVD was able to copy no problem but that just means that the Red Fox team can program compatibility within their programs but not in the larger environment.
What did you expect? Should Toyota Motor fix Volkswagen's problems for you too?

There's a known handbrake work-around. Look 2 posts up.
-W

Last edited:
What did you expect? Should Toyota Motor fix Volkswagen's problems for you too?
Sorry Yaris poor analogy. Closer would be would you expect Goodyear to make tires that work with Volkswagen and Toyota... and the answer is not if they chose not to and I don't believe the RedFox team chose not to it just isn't working right yet.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have version libdvdcss.dll in my Handbrake folder because I use VLC as my media player and updated to current 1.4 based on James post but that didn't help. I tried disabling LibDVDNav with Admin but same results. However, I was able work around by ripping the DVD to MKV (using MakeMKV = ~5GB file for a DVD) and then Handbrake to get to the 600MB MP4 Format.

I will try out CloneDVD Mobile going forward!

Thanks Again for the support and good ideas!

Sorry Yaris poor analogy. Closer would be would you expect Goodyear to make tires that work with Volkswagen and Toyota... and the answer is not if they chose not to and I don't believe the RedFox team chose not to it just isn't working right yet.
You have to pay $20+ per tire to make those tires work correctly on your Volkswagen or Toyota. You willing to pay Redfox $20+ per disc to try fix Handbrake's issues?

Back