• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (RedFox) and UHD/AACS 2.0 - There is hope

"Exactly".
The least amount of info posted on the forum publicly the better.
{awesome stuff snipped for brevity}

James isn't about to tell all what he has learned just so the guys at AACS can read what's going on. (an assumption)
That will come soon enough in the UHD version of RedFox _ if that happens.

There are many new faces here on the forum, all of them chomping at the bit for RedFox to get around AACS 2.0.
Unfortunately I believe all of them are pirates just waiting to exploit RedFox for all the wrong reasons.
If I was James I might be seriously thinking of dropping this all together

I couldn't have said it any better and I fully agree.
I am also starting to think that it might be prudent to include a actual picture of the DVD/Bluray media in conjunction with the log files when requesting help to prove you own the media in question.
I would not be surprised if *some* members have previously asked for assistance with rentals (still piracy)(Perhaps only the Redfox staff can tell whether the log file is from a copy or the real McCoy).

I couldn't have said it any better and I fully agree.
I am also starting to think that it might be prudent to include a actual picture of the DVD/Bluray media in conjunction with the log files when requesting help to prove you own the media in question.
I would not be surprised if *some* members have previously asked for assistance with rentals (still piracy)(Perhaps only the Redfox staff can tell whether the log file is from a copy or the real McCoy).
People who ask for help with rentals are not necessarily pirates, there are two exceptions that I can think of.
It's used on the fly to get by all the very annoying FBI warnings and trailers.

In my case my rental store is literally 1/2 hour away and they only have one night rentals with new releases.
When Block Buster was still around I could pay an extra dollar and keep them for 7 days _ everything was great until the US chain shut the Canadian end of it down.

No time to watch during the week, so that leaves Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sunday.
I can't afford to buy every single Blu-ray that comes along, so I rent.
But I'm not going to drive 1 hour each day for 3 days in a row just to keep the rental place happy.

So yeah, I save the rentals on the hard drive and delete them when I'm done with them.

I talked to the owner of the store and he knows what I do, he prefers it this way.
The alternative is to pay 3 days late fees for each movie, that would amount to 6 bucks per movie _ a lot cheaper then all that gas and my time driving back and forth.
The problem with that is that Pioneer video is losing revenue because he should be renting the new releases and he can't because I would have them.

So in my case RedFox is a practical solution, so I hope you can give the benefit of the doubt.

I still purchase though, if I really like a title. Over the years I've guess I have accumulated around 300 movies or more.
eg. the UHD Blu-ray of "The Great Wall".
Should be spectacular in UHD. :D

There are many new faces here on the forum, all of them chomping at the bit for RedFox to get around AACS 2.0.
Unfortunately I believe all of them are pirates just waiting to exploit RedFox for all the wrong reasons.
If I was James I might be seriously thinking of dropping this all together.

I for one would love to see RedFox topple AACS 2.0 and I am NOT a pirate. I own over a 1000 Blu-rays and around 60 UHD BDs. I run a Plex server because I am pretty lazy when it comes to media consumption and like having it all accessible at my fingertips around my house. Being able to access my UHD content would be a big win as I have multiple 4K TVs around my house, but currently a single UHD BD player. For me it is simply a matter of convenience and nothing more.

I for one would love to see RedFox topple AACS 2.0 and I am NOT a pirate. I own over a 1000 Blu-rays and around 60 UHD BDs. I run a Plex server because I am pretty lazy when it comes to media consumption and like having it all accessible at my fingertips around my house. Being able to access my UHD content would be a big win as I have multiple 4K TVs around my house, but currently a single UHD BD player. For me it is simply a matter of convenience and nothing more.
Don't get me wrong, I'd like AACS 2.0 to be toppled as well.
I would nothing more then to play my UHD Blu-rays on my HTPC with DmitriRender.

Invested in one of these, I know true video heads will understand, this shorten my video capture time tremendously, straight HDR capture
UHD library still building.IMG_9493.PNGflawless quality.IMG_9398.JPG
I invest at least $70 bucks in UHD movies a week to keep what I purchase no joke,
In reality they the company's make more if it is hacked.

Last edited:
Perhaps some of you don't know, but in some countries it's perfectly legal to have a single backup copy for private purposes, with no intention of profiting from it.

It just happens that in the U.S. and as far as I know other "civilized" countries where we have all sorts of abuses and perversion of the law/courts this isn't allowed, but I think these guys aren't operating in such places, are they?

I will never pay for anything I can't secure a copy. And that also includes ebooks or even apps, such as the ones from Apple-Store. In the latter case we may use iTunes and copy the .IPA from the Hard Drive folder. Even if the app is deleted from the Apple-Store, for whatever reason, we would still be able to use it. Also, consider that Kindle ebooks can be subjected to this:

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...hy_2024_will_be_like_nineteen_eightyfour.html

This is, in a word, a way to enslave us. That's why we should be able to defeat any protection these files or discs have, to use them as we wish, not only to create copies.

For example, I need to buy a new TV, player, HDMI cable, etc. to watch UHD-BD. What if I only wish to watch my movies in my iPAD Pro 9.7, uploading the Matroska lossless versions to Google Drive?

I would gladly pay for this "version" if it was being offered anywhere. But it's not. Then why can't I use AnyDVD + MakeMKV + MKVToolnix to do what I want? Specially if I paid for the original disc? And if this private copy is restricted to me, not available for the public?

The idea someone only wants to defeat such protections to cause any harm to these companies is totally bogus.

Let me tell you a story you may not even know:

https://torrentfreak.com/thirty-years-since-betamax-and-movies-are-still-being-made-140118/

Did you know this defeat was what made possible that we can have all this technology today? Back that time they wanted to forbid recorders, as they want now with Bittorrent.

Whatever threatens these companies is always benefitial to every one of us.

Please remember that next time you make the claim that only "pirates" want to see things done.

Last edited:
I would love to have uhd backup. But i would sample to a lower file size. Other than that ive gone uhd hadware route till redfox defeats this. When they do it will be on my list. Especially if I can buy uhd drive and create iso without buying all that sgx bull.

Are you sure that the shogun captures 2020 ? :D
At 4:2:2 with HDR data included with the stream
4:2:2 is better/more color pixels than 420
But yes I convert it down to 4:20.
Plus none of my personal backups are out there.

Last edited:
You are mixing color space with chroma sampling. The shogun doesnt support REC 2020 color space. Blurays are in 2020 color space. There is no way to capture them with appropriate colors without having a 2020 capture device
I understand what your saying
But what I am capturing is bt2020 4:2:2

IMG_9514.PNG
Read the detail bt2020.
It works for me have the shogun pass true the data then out put to HDR tv & see what happens??
U can also get PS4 pro gamesplay in HDR so y not video.
Bt 2020 can come in 420,422,444 all under 2020bt
Like I said earlier 420 & 422 are both on the same UHD disc that we purchase even sdr rec709 4K as well.

Last edited:
Since this topic has now moved way beyond the original subject i'm moving this to a more suitable section.

Who backs up to discs? Hmm, myself for one and properly a couple thousand others too.

If you own the disc why are you backing it up to optical as opposed to a hard disk? I use a 12-bay Synology NAS to store my media, but always have the original discs on hand should the unit have a catastrophic failure.

Very simple. If your hard drive crashes you've lost dozens of movies and need to rerip all of them if you can even remember which one's you've lost. When one of my backups gets scratched, I lose ONE backup and I only need to rerip 1 movie.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

If you own the disc why are you backing it up to optical as opposed to a hard disk? I use a 12-bay Synology NAS to store my media, but always have the original discs on hand should the unit have a catastrophic failure.
Im sure uhd guys want to stream to other rooms. This is what I would do if allowed. Who wants to buy uhd player for each room

Very simple. If your hard drive crashes you've lost dozens of movies and need to rerip all of them if you can even remember which one's you've lost. When one of my backups gets scratched, I lose ONE backup and I only need to rerip 1 movie.

We clearly consume our media in very different ways. I can't be bothered with discs. The fact that I still have to with UHD BD bugs the hell out of me. The convenience of central storage and whole home distributions trumps the possibility of losing data. I have two disc resiliency in my NAS and frankly if I have two drives fail simultaneously, well, I suppose s$#! happens. I still have the original discs stored safely and then it is just the matter of time to re-reip.

We clearly consume our media in very different ways. I can't be bothered with discs. The fact that I still have to with UHD BD bugs the hell out of me. The convenience of central storage and whole home distributions trumps the possibility of losing data. I have two disc resiliency in my NAS and frankly if I have two drives fail simultaneously, well, I suppose s$#! happens. I still have the original discs stored safely and then it is just the matter of time to re-reip.
I have 1 to 1 backup too. Im already out 30-40 bucks per uhd disk and own about 20 of them. Would love to have them on drive and store the originals. Not for priacy. Some of us actually support the artists and buy the movies. I think they should offer an ultra voilet type system for hdr uhd and give us a key so we can stream our bought disks in 4k uhd to other devices. This is something hollywood should do asap. Great they give us a bluray too. Save the plastic and offer 4k ultavoilet inserts.

Last edited:
(Just when I spent $900 bucks)& I figured out what was causing the banding my processing methods , it was on my end bc banding even showed up on previous raw 10bit capture
I changed that absolutely none.
My average size of 4K UHD movies 8.5 to 12gig
Could go smaller in size but found the sweet spot.

This. I don't even own a DVD/Blu-ray player. I have several 4K titles so far but, I don't own a 4K display yet. My family hasn't put a Dvd into a tray since 2011 when I got my first NAS and I'm not going back to doing so now. I bought a new NAS last year and am using the old one as a true backup. I plan on doing that every five years or so when I can get a deal on a new one. When I can rip my 4K disks I will upgrade my tvs and avrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's no guarantee it was faulty, that's simply what the majority thinks at the moment. As to the AACS2 in question. It's neither. Thats a ² next to it not a 2. It's like a * next to something indicating read the matching note at the bottom. In your case it reads

² Graphic card shall meet AACS compliance criteria

Based upon the other info on it mentioning DirectX 9 and stuff like Nvidia Geforce 8800GT, AACS 2.0 didn't even exist then. Standard blu-rays were pretty new in the DirectX 9 days

Since I now have a UHD BD drive BDR-211 UBK I have now once again an old ANYDVD version aufgepielt to me the status window to look, but now this is still on AACS 1.0

Ergo this ad is wrong for me

20170523_115305.jpg

Unbenannt.JPG

Back