• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anydvd (RedFox) and UHD/AACS 2.0 - There is hope

Okay. Subscription cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

Its a great shame that the opportunity to go for what is all the buzz right now and that is 8K as the UHD format.

4K which is twice resolution of HD is NOT good enough for projection systems and is in no-mans land.

You don't see 4K at any of the media shows at all now, its all 8K which is 4 times resolution of HD (16 times the info of HD).

Saw this in one of the comments:

AACS 2.0 is not hacked. This disc (Smurfs 2 PAL) had faulty keys that were exploited. That's no conversion, so THIS is a real 1:1 copy. But other discs do not have this exploit.
Interesting!!

Interesting!!

Its far far too early to tell either way at moment, wait for repeats with other titles, if it does get broken then 4K may have a chance to survive.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL

Its a great shame that the opportunity to go for what is all the buzz right now and that is 8K as the UHD format.

4K which is twice resolution of HD is NOT good enough for projection systems and is in no-mans land.

You don't see 4K at any of the media shows at all now, its all 8K which is 4 times resolution of HD (16 times the info of HD).

Interesting, I've never looked at it that way. I'm glad I've resisted upgrading to 4K so far. I'm waiting for it to be much more mature and way cheaper because as you point out it's just not that big of a leap. Additionally I will not upgrade until I can rip my own disks to my server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AACS 2.0 is not hacked. This disc (Smurfs 2 PAL) had faulty keys that were exploited. That's no conversion, so THIS is a real 1:1 copy. But other discs do not have this exploit.

Comments where?
Whoever is behind this release and possible crack havn`t made any official comments about it yet to my knowledge so a random user comment saying this means very little. And personally i am not buying this story about an exploit only on this specific title.

The real answer IMO will be if more titles follows in the near term. Until then i will ignore all such comments like the one you mentioned because they can not be taken seriously.

Yeh I always google stuff to find out truth, I don't even go to the Doctors anymore.

He is saying that more sources are speaking of the exact same figures. Yet you are saying these are false. So its either believing several sources or you. What evidence do you have that confirm your claim?

LOL

What are you talking about? 4K is not twice the resolution of HD (1080p) but four times.
And 8K is 16 times the resolution of 1080p.

Comments where?
Whoever is behind this release and possible crack havn`t made any official comments about it yet to my knowledge so a random user comment saying this means very little. And personally i am not buying this story about an exploit only on this specific title.

The real answer IMO will be if more titles follows in the near term. Until then i will ignore all such comments like the one you mentioned because they can not be taken seriously.

I'm not sure what the unknown person was referring to with "faulty keys" but shouldn't it be relatively easy to confirm if one would have this specific UHD BD and an AACS 2.0 UHD BD drive?

Just a fake post, and the disc is not even "PAL" is the US disc, no european dubs

We have to wait until the private tracker releases its next movie, maybe next week

What are you talking about? 4K is not twice the resolution of HD (1080p) but four times.
And 8K is 16 times the resolution of 1080p.

It depends on what figure you use.

1) Pixels per area (or per picture), as in total megapixels, favored by manufacturers who want their modest increase in resolution to look more significant than it is.

or
2) Pixels per linear distance (or across the whole picture), favored by people who know what they are talking about and realise that this figure more accurately reflects the visual improvement seen.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It depends on what figure you use.

1) Pixels per area (or per picture), as in total megapixels, favored by manufacturers who want their modest increase in resolution to look more significant than it is.

or
2) Pixels per linear distance (or across the whole picture), favored by people who know what they are talking about and realise that this figure more accurately reflects the visual improvement seen.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

English is not my native language so excuse me for not knowing what you mean by "Pixels per linear distance". I was just talking about absolute pixels.
When comparing 4K (as 2160p) to 1080p we have 2 times the amount of pixels on the x-axis and 2 times the amount of pixels on the y-axis. This means 4 times more pixels.
Obviously the same result can be obtained by comparing the total resolution. 2160p has a total of 8294400 pixels whereas 1080p has a total of 2073600 pixels. This is, again, exactly 4 times the resolution.
The exact same can be done/shown with 8K.

English is not my native language so excuse me for not knowing what you mean by "Pixels per linear distance". I was just talking about absolute pixels.
When comparing 4K (as 2160p) to 1080p we have 2 times the amount of pixels on the x-axis and 2 times the amount of pixels on the y-axis. This means 4 times more pixels.
Obviously the same result can be obtained by comparing the total resolution. 2160p has a total of 8294400 pixels whereas 1080p has a total of 2073600 pixels. This is, again, exactly 4 times the resolution.
The exact same can be done/shown with 8K.

You like many people have a total misunderstanding regarding resolution.

You have to double the information both horizontally and double the information vertically to double the resolution. This is 4 times the pixel count but NOT 4 times the resolution.

You need 4 times the information to get twice the resolution. i.e. 2 x the horizontal pixels times 2 x the vertical pixels = 4 x the information. This gives you 2 times the resolution.

In other words, you can resolve an object at 4K half the size of an object at HD.

EDIT: Found this.

https://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/1650-is-4k-twice-or-four-times-as-good-as-hd

Last edited by a moderator:
MediaINFO data:
https://pastebin.com/NKTbFGBT

1st and 2nd audio streams are in english
3rd is the english descriptive track
4th is in french (DTS-HD MA)
5th is I believe french descriptive
6th is in spanish

Subtitles:
1st in english CC
2nd in english
3rd in french
4th in spanish
5th I don't know what it is...

Can someone explain if based on the above info

The first two tracks can be named
  • Dolby Atmos
  • Dolby TrueHD 7.1

?

I was looking at MediaInfo, then I saw

Audio #2
    ID : 4353 (0x1101)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : 129
    Duration : 1 h 44 min
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 640 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 spf)
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -8 ms
    Stream size : 480 MiB (1%)
    Service kind : Complete Main

Shouldn't this be the Dolby TrueHD 7.1 track? I must be missing something.

no this is audio #2, the english descriptive
audio #1 is the dolby atmos track and if your avr doesnt support it, then it play as dolby truehd
audio#3 is french

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvdhd-uhd-support.70950/page-8#post-465892
I don't think you understood the specific question I made. I said that while running the m2ts in MPC-HC, this is what we see:

J6Iqbfe.png

Six, not five options. I switched between all six, and noticed options 1 and 2 are the english track from the movie, while #3 is the descriptive track.

I opened the m2ts using MKVToolnix, since MakeMKV failed to do this for the decrypted folder. My idea was to convert from m2ts to MKV (not sure if this is the right software in this case). What I want to know is what should be written here:

http://imgur.com/a/ZYKBt (see pic #2)

Without the help of MakeMKV I don't know how to call these tracks. And as you can see I don't intend to leave that field blank.

Some sources say the disc had "flawed aacs keys" that were exploited. If this is true, then AACS 2.0 wasn't broken but simply an security leak was abused. However, it MAY ultimately lead to an actual break. I havent seen any reputable news source yet say it was actually broken.

Since we now know that the detection of AACS was faulty I must ask again the question since I have found this on the packaging

Is now AACS2 as in the picture to see the same as AACS 2.0

LG BH16NS55.jpg

Back