• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD UHD (4K-HDR)

Yeah, I believe I said that earlier too.
Captured HDR playing back on Sony true USB
Sorry if it looks better on a HDR phone,
I've noticed on computer screens u can't tell the difference in quality yes u are correct.
Also mpc playing back on diff 4K screens with data specs, forgot to re mentioned plus cinavia free HDR movies.average 10bit file 8 to 15gig good quality,
18 to 28gig 10bit average file size.great quality
Which is hard to show as well.
U could even put 4K on a DVD 8.5ect
Hevc playback all captured HDR content in powerdvd 17with HDR.
I guess u guys are ahead of the curve,
All ready doing that great!!

Last edited:
I am curious to know how good these HDR captures really are when compared with playback of a UHD blu-ray disc? Have anyone had the opportunity to do a capture vs disc comparison of the same movie yet and if so, how does the capture look against the real deal?

Another question, if i understand it correctly. It's currently not possible to capture the object based audio streams (Atmos/DTS:X) from the discs, is this correct?
If so, is there a technical limitation that prevents this or can we expect support for capture of object based audio in future updates?

"I am curious to know how good these HDR captures really are when compared with playback of a UHD blu-ray disc? Have anyone had the opportunity to do a capture vs disc comparison of the same movie yet and if so, how does the capture look against the real deal?"

That would depend on a few things bit rate/Mkv/MP4 10bit or 12bit 420 or 444/422,h265/h264
Ofcourse processor power, capture software.
I would say this u could fool your self, for sure.
8bit on 1st captured even if captured raw has little banding but straight 10bit RGB no banding,
Large file, almost identical.(yes u can capture 8bit HDR)
Then there is 10bit 420 straight capture h265.hard to find)but identical to disc.
Having a raw file captured it's almost like the blueprint bc from raw (highest bitrate possible)the quality determined is mostly up to u the individual.
Audio is a beast by itself. But it's possible just expensive.
Even playback on a 1080p HD LCD looks better than a bluray (kodi/nvidia shied)which now has HDR as well.2020 ect.

Last edited:
This topic has now moved way beyond the initial scope of the subject and into UHD software playback. As such I'm moving this topic to a more suitable section.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

@rizzla You can take the atmos or DTS-X track from the 1080p and then remux with the uhd capture. No need to capture the audio, only the video.

I did some comparaison with the original, it's almost identical.
HDR and BT2020 are the same, the original might be a bit sharper but not by much

@rizzla You can take the atmos or DTS-X track from the 1080p and then remux with the uhd capture. No need to capture the audio, only the video.

HDR and BT2020 are the same, the original might be a bit sharper but not by much

Yes, i was just thinking about that. I`ve noticed that many of the regular blu-rays have the same 3d audio tracks so i guess that is the way to go until further notice.
Good to hear that picture quality is close to equal, this will motivate many more to start capturing.

You using vlc to line it up (audio delay) with UHD video using j k options to set delay sinc?

Nah VLC is not even installed on my pc.

I'm using mpc-be to find out small delay.
If the delay needed is 5sec + , I compare the wave in Audacity. It's faster this way.
Then I use the delaycut.exe to apply the delay.
Capture.PNG

Nah VLC is not even installed in my pc.

I'm using mpc-be to find out small delay.
If the delay needed is 5sec + , I compare the wave in Audacity. It's faster this way.
Then I use the delaycut.exe to apply the delay.
View attachment 33403
This looks like 5.1

I figured out 7.1 master and truehd but it requires some more advanced steps.

Mkvtoolnix can do the delay in mkv so you do not need to touch the dtsdmaster or truehd. When playing in vlc or mpc all you need is the delay number. Try to capture your video close to the original. Even if the audio extends past the video the audio will stop at the end of the movie. I master my 7.1 audio with 32bit float studio 8 channel but this requires hardware to do. Your method you could in theory extract the dtshd master and use dtsdecoder. DLL to play it in mpc to get delay. Then take that number and mux it with mkvtoolnix and get 7.1. Truehd I convert to dtsdmaster 7.1 so all my movies use dtsdecoder.DLL for lpcm. HDMI amps this would be skipped. This requires to split dtshd master into 8 wavs then reencode with DTShd master studio to create 24bit 48000hz wavs in 7.1

I don't own 4k splitter or capture card but this is how I would do it. I would capture raw 4k UHD to terrabyte drive 10bit in stereo. Convert with my h265 hevc encoder GPU which would take 20min using a's video encoder then use ffmpeg to extract both video and audio. Use redfox to access the mpls to extract Blu-ray 7.1 . break apart 7.1 and encode in dtsdmaster studio. Play hevc and raw DTS in folder outside the container with the same name. Find delay. Mux mkvtoolnix dtshd master with hevc stream. 4k UHD 10bit with 7.1

It's a ton of work. I already have a maudio 1010lt and can record any 7.1 source in 48000hz at 32bit float giving me unlimited bandwidth in the dynamic audio so there is 0 loss in HD when bringing it back together. Problem is I just don't have time to put my bought movies on a PC . I just buy the UHD movies and run 4k seperate.

Just curious what capture card you using?

How do you deal with 10bit Banding as some samples I've played with look great but I still see a slight banding but the UHD looks perfect. I've tested planet earth and mpc works perfect showing exact colors and brightness as long as I enable BT 2020 color in my TV. I saw samples and went out and bought the UHD. Comes in 2 disks.......HDR is amazing on this bbc earth documentary

My current UHD collection of disks:

Allied
Suside squad
Hacksaw ridge
BBC planet earth
Passengers
Assins Creed
Brooklyn (Boston bomber movie)

Not bad for 3 weeks... Loving UHD hdr

This looks like 5.1

I figured out 7.1 master and truehd but it requires some more advanced steps.

Mkvtoolnix can do the delay in mkv so you do not need to touch the dtsdmaster or truehd. When playing in vlc or mpc all you need is the delay number. Try to capture your video close to the original. Even if the audio extends past the video the audio will stop at the end of the movie. I master my 7.1 audio with 32bit float studio 8 channel but this requires hardware to do. Your method you could in theory extract the dtshd master and use dtsdecoder. DLL to play it in mpc to get delay. Then take that number and mux it with mkvtoolnix and get 7.1. Truehd I convert to dtsdmaster 7.1 so all my movies use dtsdecoder.DLL for lpcm. HDMI amps this would be skipped. This requires to split dtshd master into 8 wavs then reencode with DTShd master studio to create 24bit 48000hz wavs in 7.1

I don't own 4k splitter or capture card but this is how I would do it. I would capture raw 4k UHD to terrabyte drive 10bit in stereo. Convert with my h265 hevc encoder GPU which would take 20min using a's video encoder then use ffmpeg to extract both video and audio. Use redfox to access the mpls to extract Blu-ray 7.1 . break apart 7.1 and encode in dtsdmaster studio. Play hevc and raw DTS in folder outside the container with the same name. Find delay. Mux mkvtoolnix dtshd master with hevc stream. 4k UHD 10bit with 7.1

It's a ton of work. I already have a maudio 1010lt and can record any 7.1 source in 48000hz at 32bit float giving me unlimited bandwidth in the dynamic audio so there is 0 loss in HD when bringing it back together. Problem is I just don't have time to put my bought movies on a PC . I just buy the UHD movies and run 4k seperate.

Just curious what capture card you using?

How do you deal with 10bit Banding as some samples I've played with look great but I still see a slight banding but the UHD looks perfect. I've tested planet earth and mpc works perfect showing exact colors and brightness as long as I enable BT 2020 color in my TV. I saw samples and went out and bought the UHD. Comes in 2 disks.......HDR is amazing on this bbc earth documentary

That's right, delaycut is for 5.1 audio because i watch movies in french so i almost never get the Atmos or even the DTS-HD track. At least my AVR can upmix it.
For lossless audio i set the delay in mkvmerge like you said. But i always get the delay in mpc-be or audacity.

Last edited:
My current UHD collection of disks:

Allied
Suside squad
Hacksaw ridge
BBC planet earth
Passengers
Assins Creed
Brooklyn (Boston bomber movie)

Not bad for 3 weeks... Loving UHD hdr

I own Planet earth 2, it does look incredible. Especially Jungles and Cities.

I own Planet earth 2, it does look incredible. Especially Jungles and Cities.
Spectacular!!!
To me I grew up watching documentaries as a kid
In Trinidad .
So planet earth is like visual food so to speak.
By the way John wick cinavia free as well.

Last edited:
Be weary about the signal when the Sony tv is connected to the internet they stop playback of the MP4 HDR copies , it seems it's more difficult to stop Mkv HDR . But unplug Internet at least on Sony or PS4/4K prior to watching.
They let u do 1st play but u can't play it a second time unless u unplugged.
And I only know this happening on Sony not aware of other devices.

I new they stuck fingerprint code in video. I read this online when researching the UHD news about rips circling the net. I'm sure they can track your IP as well. Anyone doing this should be careful. I'm sure my UHD player would call out too like the TV. I've also heard they the DRM guys can blacklist your UHD hardware player so be careful testing your backups. Watch out for powerdvd 17 as well . Mpc is the only safe option for UHD. Wonder if Microsoft movie medai player detects the fingerprint. Microsoft is in bed with Intel so I would not pass it by them.

And that begs the question, why rip your UHD Blu-rays only to play them on a licensed player ?
You can already do that with out ripping...

So yeah, MPC-HC for sure _ why use anything else ? o_O

And that begs the question, why rip your UHD Blu-rays only to play them on a licensed player ?
You can already do that with out ripping...

So yeah, MPC-HC for sure _ why use anything else ? o_O
Some might want to steam UHD to other devices.....not sure how this will work out

@general1 I would be grateful for your advice as to how I locate and activate HDR in Windows 10 version 1703. Thanking you in anticipation.

Back