• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Philips BDP7501 4K

Jim Ramsey

I just purchased this 4K player and discovered it will not play zero region dvds...region 2 discs copied through CloneDVD. I have had several Philips player before and they played zero region discs without a problem. Buyers should be aware of this before considering purchasing

I just purchased this 4K player and discovered it will not play zero region dvds...region 2 discs copied through CloneDVD. I have had several Philips player before and they played zero region discs without a problem. Buyers should be aware of this before considering purchasing
What is a "zero region disc"? Region information is a bitmask, not a number, so "zero" would actuall mean, don't play the disc anywhere in the world.

I humbly beg your pardon for using "zero"

this is the type of disc I was referring to as stated in Redfox site

"AnyDVD HD optionally disables RPC region codes, thereby making the movie region free and comfortably viewable on any DVD/Blu-ray player and with any DVD/Blu-ray playback software."

The Philips BDP7501 will not play these discs
I hope I used the correct language

Is that with all discs you copied?
What is the message that the player shows?
Which region does your player have?
Could you create an ANYDVD HD logfile of on of the DVD's and attach?

Last edited:
Is this a US player? If so then according to the specs it only plays back NTSC and region 2 discs are typically PAL which means it wouldn't play them back even if the region is set to 'region free' as that won't change the actual format of the video files on the disc. To play back PAL discs you need a player that supports the PAL format

yes this is a US player. thanks for your response. I was copying region 2 discs and I am in region 1

Then that's your problem. Your confusing region free with the VIDEO standard used. Just because anyDVD removes the region, that allows you to play them on a different region player, does NOT mean the video standard used magically changes too. Your player still needs to support the video format. Region 2 uses PAL for DVD's (25/50fps), region 1 uses NTSC (roughly 30/60fps), and therein lies the problem. Your player simply doesn't support the PAL standard used. Return it and specifically ask for one that supports PAL discs or hell, bring one of your imported region 2 discs to the shop to test. That way if it plays you'll know for sure PAL is supported.

You can use a third party video converter (CloneDVD doesn't do this) to convert PAL to NTSC but you will loose all original menus.

yes this is a US player. thanks for your response. I was copying region 2 discs and I am in region 1

The US seems to want to restrict its populace worse than the Soviet Union used to. It's not just the players, US TV's are the same. Most of the rest of the world is multi standard.

The US seems to want to restrict its populace worse than the Soviet Union used to. It's not just the players, US TV's are the same. Most of the rest of the world is multi standard.

That's strange.
For the last 20+ years or so (since crt tube type TV died off) all North American LED/LCD TV's sold were multi video standard (PAL/NTSC). I have not seen one that isn't in all those years.
Even Sony is multi video standard (PAL/NTSC).
You must have a real weird or early one.
LG/Hitachi/JVC/Pioneer/LG/Samsung/etc have all played PAL and NTSC over those years and I have used them in both USA and Canada.

**Updated/corrected thanks to Ch3vron

Last edited:
Multi region is not the same as multi video standard.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Back