• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Clone dvd and Cinavia

Please do not double post, only minutes apart. use the edit link below your post instead

DVD up converters? No, they're called blu-ray players and any model past feb 1st 2012 is required to detect it
Record blu-rays without it? Yes, IN COMBINATION WITH CLONEBD. AnyDVD CANNOT remove cinavia on its own
DVD only players are NOT required to detect it, even brand new ones. Though i would avoid Sony to be sure, they're one of the main backers of cinavia and it wouldn't surprise me if their players DID detect it.
DVD cinavia removal: NO, anydvd currently does NOT support removing it from DVD's and never has. Not, neither has CloneDVD.

The cinavia removal method for blu-ray's works by having anydvd "hack" into CloneBD to apply the fix, CloneBD on it's own CANNOT remove cinavia either and the same applies to CloneDVD.

"And I would bet you have an unused HDMI port on your TV."
He would loose this bet. Only 2 HDMI inputs on my TV. One for the Blu-Ray and one for the Apple TV. Had to use the component connections for my satellite connections. Whether or not I waste the cost of a regular DVD player on any one day doesn't matter. I went to Blu-ray for the quality and the fact I can flip back to watch DVD when I choose to do so. I shouldn't have to go out and buy a cheap DVD player and in this case, a new TV since I have filled all the input ports.
Apparently RF is partial to EB and slams a lot of other programs while promoting the EB software. So fix the RF software to work with EB (both versions) and if any of the others want in let them wait for the appropriate update.

If it was so easy, why hasn't anyone done it? I can think of two reasons quickly.

First, programmers probably don't want to spend the time on a DVD, when it can simply be played on a DVD player. Yow want a programmer to spend their time and effort because you're too cheap to spend $45 on an upscaling DVD player. I bet you waste a lot more than that every month.

Second, for AnyDVD to remove Cinavia, it would need to hook into every DVD software (or at least CloneDVD). Yea, I can see that happening. Then there would be the complainers because it works with CloneDVD, but not their XYZ software.

Takes the same amount of time to load a DVD in a DVD player as it does a Bluray player. And I would bet you have an unused HDMI port on your TV.

Actually, there is software out there that does remove Cinavia from DVD extremely well. You just have to look for it (I can't mention titles, because I don't want to break posting rules). AnyDVD is an outstanding program that does exactly what it says it does, which is decrypt encryption. As Ch3vr0n states, Cinavia is a DRM watermark, not encryption. To remove Cinavia from DVDs, you need two solutions: AnyDVD and the available program that I mentioned.

Actually, there is software out there that does remove Cinavia from DVD extremely well. You just have to look for it (I can't mention titles, because I don't want to break posting rules). AnyDVD is an outstanding program that does exactly what it says it does, which is decrypt encryption. As Ch3vr0n states, Cinavia is a DRM watermark, not encryption. To remove Cinavia from DVDs, you need two solutions: AnyDVD and the available program that I mentioned.
Cinavia on a DVD doesn't bother me at all, just bothers those playing the DVD on their Bluray player.

Sorry, but I'm confused here.

Does CloneBD/AnyDVD remove the Cinavia DRM protection on Blu-ray discs?

If so, can I use CloneBD/AnyDVD to copy a regular DVD and remove Cinavia?

Is there a post here that talks about Cinavia and how Redfox products deal with it and how to circumvent it? i.e. what products to use when and how?

Thanks in advance

Yes it does and no you can't. As the name suggests CloneBD can only process BD's, just as CloneDVD 2 can only process DVD's. Yes there are, dozens of them, as the forum search will tell you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

That's not the issue here, he's asking if you can use CloneBD+AnyDVD to process Cinavia DVDs. And no you can't, this is the DVD section and CloneBD nor AnyDVD's Cinavia removal fix work with CloneDVD.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

WOW..I was responding to a post about whether or not Cinavia removed BD clones would play in post 2012 BD players. Now I am REALLY confused. :(

Anywho..I deleted my post.......

Sorry.......

They will, IF you remove cinavia from the discs with AnyDVD + CloneBD combo.

Does the newer versions of any dvd hd or clone dvd help in removing cinavia on blu rays? I Do the older versions of any dvd or clone dvd pre- redfox have a fix for cinavia ? What I mean is can cinavia be removed from blu ray discs that will play on post 2012and newer blu ray players ?

Yes, without a problem, ANYDVD HD removes Cinavia from the BD Clone However, None of the HD modes (DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, ATMOS, etc.) will be usable. The clone must be made with the AC3 setting.

(Ch3vr0n, this is the thread I was trying to respond to. Have no idea how I got over to the other one! :( )

MC

I have tried to run Pixels, that has Cinavia on early Blu-Ray players, and they still lose sound. Players used: Sony BDP-S350, Sony BDP-S360, and a Panasonic, model unknown, from 2008.MC
Cinavia would never have been detected on the older Blu-Ray players if people weren't so eager to run the firmware updates.

Cinavia would never have been detected on the older Blu-Ray players if people weren't so eager to run the firmware updates.

That is not always true. Some players can have the latest FW and still not detect it.

Now to not double post. And keep Ch3vy happy.
Even though it is not against the rules as far as I can tell .
The one rule that even somewhat mentions multiple posting's:
  • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
Honestly I could care less about my post count. Just like making sure the person I'm replying to knows what is to them.
Maybe I'm just olskool.
BTW an edit doesn't show notification if your watching a thread for a reply or in new posts. So you may not know that they have changed the original post. But I digress .

Edited post to comment:
Yes, without a problem, ANYDVD HD removes Cinavia from the BD Clone However, None of the HD modes (DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, ATMOS, etc.) will be usable. The clone must be made with the AC3 setting.

MC
Not sure about if conversion for burning to a blank. However when making MKV's I found on accident that you can remove the cinivia and not go down to AC3 just need to go down 1 step. You just must process the audio output for the fix to work. For instance if DTS-HD is original format. Then you can drop down to standard DTS . And it will remove it. As I stated previously. I've only done this with making MKV's.
And for anyone that might need it here is a tutorial done by tectpro on how to use the "Wombo Combo" to remove it.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/tutorial-remove-cinavia-with-anydvd-hd-and-clonebd.72258/

Last edited:
only if the player model was licensed BEFORE feb 1st 2012. Any current licensed standalone bd player WILL detect it

only if the player model was licensed BEFORE feb 1st 2012. Any current licensed standalone bd player WILL detect it

If your response is to me. I know that. Also as you can see from the post I quoted again. It was specifically about OLDER players. Or as you put it pre 2012 only. NOT newer ones. As they would detect straight out the box. And unless it's a panny and you want an altered Firmware. It cannot be disabled.

Back