• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
Know of anyone who has verified that the notebook/slim H-L BU50N will work?

Z270 Pro4 does not support HDMI 2.0 and thus ASRock is not offering the HDCP key toolkit for it.
As far as I know, Z270 and Z170 ITX/ac are the only two compatible motherboards by ASRock.

Know of anyone who has verified that the notebook/slim H-L BU50N will work?

Brian, the Cyberlink Advisor shows it supports HDR, after using the HDCP
activation tool from Asrock, it also shows HDCP 2.2 for the Mobo HDMI port.
So yes HDR should be fine but don't know which player to use to test the HDR
output.

Brian, yes I am using Club3D DP to HDMI adapter, because I can't get HD audiobitstreaming
to work with direct HDMI port. AV-receiver can't recognize the stream and tells
me "unknown". With that adapter the Cyberlink advisor shows me HDCP 2.2 O.K. but
no HDR. Maybe because I think HDR is supported with DP 1.3 and not with DP 1.2.
Hi Gizzmo, so, there's no way to get HDR and bitstreaming at the same time? Which receiver are you using?

Brian, the Cyberlink Advisor shows it supports HDR, after using the HDCP
activation tool from Asrock, it also shows HDCP 2.2 for the Mobo HDMI port.
So yes HDR should be fine but don't know which player to use to test the HDR
output.

Brian, yes I am using Club3D DP to HDMI adapter, because I can't get HD audiobitstreaming
to work with direct HDMI port. AV-receiver can't recognize the stream and tells
me "unknown". With that adapter the Cyberlink advisor shows me HDCP 2.2 O.K. but
no HDR. Maybe because I think HDR is supported with DP 1.3 and not with DP 1.2.
Hey Gizzmo, so there's no way to get HDR along with bitstream sound? I have the adapter on order, should have it by Friday.

Z270 Pro4 does not support HDMI 2.0 and thus ASRock is not offering the HDCP key toolkit for it.
As far as I know, Z270 and Z170 ITX/ac are the only two compatible motherboards by ASRock.
Hi Triffid, are you using a receiver with your setup, if so, how does the bitstream audio work with your mobo? I've ordered the z270 itx/ac. Should have it installed by Thurs. will try to report back soon.

Has anyone got their pc to play HDR with bitstream audio? If so, what mobo are you using? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please try these steps I used for my board:

Ok, got the grey screen issue fixed unless PC comes out of standby (then need to replug HDMI cable). A few notes with my ASROCK Z270 Fatal1ty Gaming ITX board:
1. Updated to the beta bios (copy file to USB, then update from BIOS).
2. Set PRIMARY graphics to onboard (although I didn't have a card in the PCI-Express slot, go figure!?!)
2.1. Remove all other graphics cards.
3. Set graphics mode to single in bios.
4. Set SGX to "Software" or "Enabled" in bios for Netflix 4k to work. Unfortunately, the Cyberlink UHD adviser tool wants manually enabled. Both these options still give me a periodic grey screen which requires unplugging the plugging the cable in. Using enabled now and it seems fine unless PC comes out of standby and I try Netflix app.
5. Install windows 10 creator preview version (this is what I'm using). Supposedly this version supports HDR, but I'm not sure if this is necessary or not... Instlall latest intel 630 graphics driver and the MEISetup.exe from Asrock's website under downloads for your board.
6. After changing any of the previous bios settings, ALWAYS reinstall the latest intel graphics driver (took me a long time to realize this).
7. Also rerun MEISetup.exe from asrock's website if you change bios video or SGX settings and still get an error in Netflix.

If this doesn't work, verify your motherboard has the mediatek chip for handling HDCP2.2. I am assuming it does, but you didn't paste the advisor tool results.

Now, please try all this and let us know if your drive works ;) A PM to where you found the trial PowerDVD 17 software and version number would also be greatly appreciated ;)

EDIT: if HDCP 2.2 doesn't work, try the asrock hdcp tool to reprogram key (found under support page for your motherboard).

If it still doesn't work, run this tool and post a screenshot of the advisor results:
http://update.cyberlink.com/OEM/Pat...ltraHDBlu-rayAdvisor_1313_BD_CDT170123-01.exe

You can also try the Netflix app from the Windows Store. When playing a 4k video Control+Shift+Alt+D will show the resolution and bitrate in Netflix. I'd think if you get Netflix working in 4k (takes a minute to buffer and reach 4k), your drive is what is holding you back or you need the a different version of the PDVD 17 beta...
Hey Etc, would u mind hooking up your pc to a avr and letting us know what it does with the bitstream audio. I would like HDR with bitstream audio as that's what is desired for a 4k HTPC. Thanks a lot.

I have a Marantz AV8802A AV-preamp.

Yes, but I even don't know how to get HDR output for testing. I only got the
Cyberlink Advisor to show me HDR + HDCP 2.2, or better all is supported only
my drive does not support UHD BD playback. But this is with onboard HDMI.
Problem is with that output there is the audio issue.

Is there a software player which can output HDR from testfiles?

Not yet that I know of, I've tried those that claimed to play uhd blurays but they were frauds and meant to only get our money. Power DVD should next month.

Last edited:
Im in the US so I don't have a 4k UHD drive or the necessary pdvd software. Watching 4k only from Netflix right now.

If you know of a way I can play a 4k disc this week, PM me as I'm willing to buy a drive or sign up for trial software.

Hey Etc, would u mind hooking up your pc to a avr and letting us know what it does with the bitstream audio. I would like HDR with bitstream audio as that's what is desired for a 4k HTPC. Thanks a lot.

I have a Marantz AV8802A AV-preamp.

Yes, but I even don't know how to get HDR output for testing. I only got the
Cyberlink Advisor to show me HDR + HDCP 2.2, or better all is supported only
my drive does not support UHD BD playback. But this is with onboard HDMI.
Problem is with that output there is the audio issue.

Is there a software player which can output HDR from testfiles?
That receiver u have is a mega receiver, very nice. I have the Onkyo TX-RZ800. I wrote ASRock to see what they say about the audio issues and if it will get a bios update to fix it. I hope there's a way to fix the HDMI jack and to make the DP to be 1.4. Thanks.

Im in the US so I don't have a 4k UHD drive or the necessary pdvd software. Watching 4k only from Netflix right now.

If you know of a way I can play a 4k disc this week, PM me as I'm willing to buy a drive or sign up for trial software.
Oic, sry I keep forgetting the drives aren't available yet. Lol, I feel like they are already. I know some bought them from Japan but I'll wait. They should be on Amazon by the end of the month. But, u could try a regular bluray and let us know what it does with the audio. Do u have a regular bluray pc drive? No software will support 4k bluray yet that's not bundled with the drives in Japan, but will next month. I'm going home to put my rig together Lord willing. Will post what issues I have. The drives are available on Amazon Japan, by the way. Thanks.

Last edited:
I would like to get a slim drive (can be slotted or tray slim 4k drive) as the case I have coming is an OrigenAE S10v (very short and only takes a slim drive but not limited to slotted). The best option is to wait for the PowerDVD software to be released along with the necessary drivers, then try some drives at that point from places that take returns.

Oic, sry I keep forgetting the drives aren't available yet. Lol, I feel like they are already. I know some bought them from Japan but I'll wait. They should be on Amazon by the end of the month. But, u could try a regular bluray and let us know what it does with the audio. Do u have a regular bluray pc drive? No software will support 4k bluray yet that's not bundled with the drives in Japan, but will next month. I'm going home to put my rig together Lord willing. Will post what issues I have. The drives are available on Amazon Japan, by the way. Thanks.

Hey Gizzmo, so there's no way to get HDR along with bitstream sound? I have the adapter on order, should have it by Friday.
Hey Gizzmo, I finished my 4k build last night and my bitstream audio is working fine. It is a delay for about 5 seconds before it changes but other than that, it works without an adapter. Maybe your HDMI cable or port is bad. I will keep working with my rig and see if I can get everything checked. Netflix seems to be doing good also. I can't wait for the new drives. Cyberlink is also saying all is well except my drive. I have one of the ones that says what's in the drive, rather it's a 4k bluray or not. The LGWH16NS40. Thanks.

Unfortunately there are 2 versions of that drive. Does the drive you have actually see the contents of a UHD disc as the older version doesn't

Unfortunately there are 2 versions of that drive. Does the drive you have actually see the contents of a UHD disc as the older version doesn't
I will see about that and report back. I know it tells the title of the uhd movie in the drive, but not sure if I tried to see the contents but I think it showed the contents also. If it does show the contents, would it be able to play uhd when the power DVD software is released?

Can't answer to whether it will play them or not, but if it gives the title of the disc then it's the newer drive. The older one won't read the disc at all

Can't answer to whether it will play them or not, but if it gives the title of the disc then it's the newer drive. The older one won't read the disc at all
K, thanks. Cyberlink Advisor doesn't like it. Wish that would change, but like someone else said, LG prolly wants to sale us a new drive.

The only thing could be the HDMI port of the mainboard. AV-Receiver HDMI port and
HDMI cable is used in all cases. What kind of bitstreaming did you try? DD (AC3) and
DTS is working for me, but the HD soundstreams (DTS-HD, DolbyTru HD) not.

The only thing could be the HDMI port of the mainboard. AV-Receiver HDMI port and
HDMI cable is used in all cases. What kind of bitstreaming did you try? DD (AC3) and
DTS is working for me, but the HD soundstreams (DTS-HD, DolbyTru HD) not.
Oic, I tried DTS-HDMA and Dolby Atmos. Will try it on more movies tonight. Thanks.

Hi Gizzmo, all the mkv movies I tried are sending the right signal. I tried DTS HS MA and Dolby True HD. I'm trying to get Itunes DD to work now using the optical port. For some reason Itunes requires an optical hook up. Do you or anyone know how to get around that? It must be a driver conflict with yours. I'd try reinstalling the drivers.

So you have mkv files, maybe that's a difference I use BD ISO files.

Back