• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hacksaw Ridge Cinavia

You need to go back and read what I wrote. I understand what is CURRENTLY required for BR standards. That in no way prevents content companies, who also own hardware companies such as Sony, to start implementing whatever they want in regards to DRM, whether it be Cinavia or something else, anywhere in the stream. These companies are getting bigger and more powerful each year. They can start dictating whatever standards they want.

In the example above with PS3, it would not take Sony much work to add Cinavia detection into a slightly lower level such that it would not work with Plex either. My guess is, Plex probably just has their own decoding stack, so by fluke it's able to by-pass whatever detection they have for DLNA streams.

If Sony decided to put Cinavia or some other future standard detection into their displays, now it gets much harder. Then, use their leverage to force Samsung, Toshiba, et-al to do it as well. This is not very far fetched.

I know exactly what you mean, it's not that simple. There are for starters licensing costs to even be allowed to implement cinavia detecting capabilities. Sony being the main backer of it, it wouldn't surprise me to detect in on incoming streams. Other manufacturers highly doubtful. The only way they would be even allowed to implement it in like displays is if the display device itself and by itself alone was a licensed Blu-ray player. I've yet to see even 1 TV screen with a built in Blu-ray drive

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean, it's not that simple. There are for starters licensing costs to even be allowed to implement cinavia detecting capabilities. Sony being the main backer of it, it wouldn't surprise me to detect in on incoming streams. Other manufacturers highly doubtful. The only way they would be even allowed to implement it in like displays is if the display device itself and by itself alone was a licensed Blu-ray player. I've yet to see even 1 TV screen with a built in Blu-ray drive

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Huh? What do you think there needs to be a BR player? DRM schemes aren't limited to physical media.

That only proves you don't know much about cinavia, how it works and what's required. So i'll repeat this one last time. Cinavia is REQUIRED by the Blu-ray standard ONLY, so in order to implement it the display device in this case must have a built in BR player. Then there's the licensing cost. It's $$$ to be allowed to use it, it's more $$$ (in case of movies) per title to use it on and again more $$$ per COPY of the movie. You do the math when it comes to display devices.

Hello, I'm using PowerDVD 12.0.6202.59, AnyDVD HD 8.1.1. I applied the remove Cinavia setting, downgraded the audio as instructed. However, the Cinavia watermark is still kicking in for Hacksaw Ridge at about 20 minutes. Not sure what I'm missing here. Thank you in advanced.

Please provide an AnyDVD and CloneBD logfile

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Please provide an AnyDVD and CloneBD logfile

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply, I lost my password and my email for my previous account. Please see logs attached. Thank you in advanced.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.1.0_Info_K_HACKSAW_RIDGE.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Back