• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blu Ray Player Problem

Walking Dude

I have a Sony DMP-BD89 Blu Ray Player that I've had for about a year or two. I just went to watch my back up of Hacksaw Ridge and it won't recognize the disk. It won't recognize any DVD+R DL recorded disks, but it will recognize DVD+R disks, and the purchased copy (store bought) version of the movie. It's always played my DVD+R DL disks just fine.

I tried cleaning it with a cleaning disk, opened it up and sprayed some canned air and no change.

Has anyone else ran into this problem? Maybe it just gave out. I just finished watching all 7 seasons of Sons of Anarchy (not a back up) and it played fine. I did have that happen to my computer DVD drive. When the drive gave out it would still recognize all but dvd+r dl disks.

I figured I'd ask if this happened to anyone else before I go out and spent the money on a new Blu Ray Player.

Last edited:
Update: As a last resort I ran a dry Q-Tip across the read censor and it started working again. If anyone else ever runs into this problem and the dvd cleaner disk doesn't work, this is an option. It was just weird that it would play all disks but dvd+r dl.

Last edited:
Back