• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
Hi, has anyone tested the main board: ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 GAMING-ITX/AC on the Cyberlink UHD bluray advisory software to see if it meets all the requirements for 4k bluray playback? I'm thinking of purchasing it for the new Pioneer 4k bluray players coming out late March. Thanks.

Hi, member Gizzmo post 263-265 tested ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 GAMING-ITX/AC on the Cyberlink UHD bluray advisory software.

Hi, but the real problem of HDR is that Windows 10 not support HDR bypass to the TV? It's correct?

Hi, but the real problem of HDR is that Windows 10 not support HDR bypass to the TV? It's correct?

Not yet, but it's been said by Microsoft to be coming in an update next month (Creators Update) which I'm guessing will be close to the time Cyberlink officially releases PowerDVD 17.

Edit: Creator update graphic update/feature pic (not mine - taken from Google images)
Creators Update HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Still working with Asrock on the issues with my mainboard.

New is, that I got a tool to activate HDCP2.2 (it's on the downloadside now) for the direct
HDMI port. It seems the correct certificates were not on the HDMI chip. Now for direct HDMI
the Cyberlink Advisor shows all fine, only my drive is not O.K.

But I have still the 3D problem and what is a even bigger problem bitstreaming of the
HD audiostreams is not working. DTS and DD is fine but DTS-HD, Dolby TruHD etc. seems
to be send as a strange signal, because my AV-Receiver can't recognize what it is, it shows
me Signal: unknown. With DP1.2 to HDMI adapter it works for the audio part, but
Advisor shows no HDR and of course 3D is still not working.

Sent all info again to Asrock but don't know when and if I will get any solution...

New is, that I got a tool to activate HDCP2.2 (it's on the downloadside now) for the direct
HDMI port. It seems the correct certificates were not on the HDMI chip. Now for direct HDMI

But I have still the 3D problem and what is a even bigger problem bitstreaming of the
HD audiostreams is not working. DTS and DD is fine but DTS-HD, Dolby TruHD etc. seems
to be send as a strange signal, because my AV-Receiver can't recognize what it is, it shows

Sent all info again to Asrock but don't know when and if I will get any solution...
Your receiver hdmi 2.2 compatible? If not buy a hdcp 2.2 splitter then at the split run 1 to TV and other to monoprice 2.2 to 1.4 then from monoprice to your amp. Welcome to hdcp nightmare! Your 1.4 hdmi got updated like you said to 2.2 and I bet you your amp is 1.4 compatible and not 2.2 so it's now dropping the HD audio formats. Everything in your chain must be 2.2 compatible or it will not work. I don't think HD audio can work thru dpi. It must be hdmi.

I also have problems with audio. At first I could not get lossless DTS MA and DolbyTrueHD to bitstream at all. But lossy Dolby Digital and DTS worked fine to bitstream. This was true for any program like Kodi, not just PowerDVD. Lossless would simply not work and pre-amp displayed PCM-zero or unkown when I selected these tracks and used the HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 port. Using the HDMI 1.4 port they worked fine in e g Kodi but then of course no UHD blu-ray as no HDCP 2.2. Strangely when I reinstalled Intel HD Graphics drivers lossless started working even on the HDMI 2.0 port. But now I got another problem. Now when I run Tidal or Spotify I get random audio interrupts. It's not very often maybe every 100 second or so. And sometimes it works fine for much longer. But it is quite annoying when it happens. I think the problem is with the LSPCON and it's firmware (1.61) or Intel HD Graphics driver or the combo of the two. Just waiting for further updates to these...

Also tried running Fiddler while playing a UHD blu-ray in PowerDVD 14. That did not work at all. Got a bunch of error messages in PowerDVD in Japanese and it would not play the disc. As soon as I closed Fiddler and restarted PowerDVD it would play fine again. I did not have the time to look into exactly what was going but probably it's over SSL and does not like FIddler in the middle. I will see if I get some more time the coming days to find out more.

Also tried running Fiddler while playing a UHD blu-ray in PowerDVD 14. That did not work at all. Got a bunch of error messages in PowerDVD in Japanese and it would not play the disc. As soon as I closed Fiddler and restarted PowerDVD it would play fine again. I did not have the time to look into exactly what was going but probably it's over SSL and does not like FIddler in the middle. I will see if I get some more time the coming days to find out more.
As far as using Fiddler is concerned, did you install the SSL certificate for it? In order for Fiddler to play nice with SSL you need to do that.

gereral1 - you're mixing the standards. It's HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, not HDMI 2.2 !

And of course my chain is completely HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compatible, that's not
the issue. I have an Oppo UDP-203 running with UHD Blu-ray on the same chain, only
difference is that it's connected to another port of the AV-Receiver.

And no, with DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter HD Audio is working fine, it is not with the
direct HDMI of the mainboard. So with DP HD Audio is no problem.

I know about hdmi 1.3 1.3a 1.4 2.0 and hdcp versions. Been following this closely. Even OPPO supports split audio from video and even most uhd players support audio out with a lower version hdmi 1.4 so older amps will work with 4k uhd discs. I appreciate your posts as this will weigh in my decision to proceed to my next build with Intel. I've always built amd based computers but am considering an Intel build. Keep up the posts and your progress. Once things are smooth and the bugs are worked out I'll take the plunge.

Reading my previous post I see "is your receiver hdmi 2.2 compatible?" LOL

My bad...

Hi Gizzmo, are u still having issues with your motherboard on the Cyberlink advisor? I'm thinking of buying it. How do u have to hook it up to get no issues? Straight HDMI to TV? Receiver? Does it send bitstream Atmos to receiver? Just wondering, thanks.

That's still the case for me, still waiting for feedback from Asrock...

Hi gizzmo, does the board u have support HDR? If not, do you or anyone else know of one that does? Thanks.

That's a really good question. Cyberlink Advisor tells me with direct HDMI it is.
But I did not find any setting or way to test it. But if I found the right information
win10 doesn't support HDR at the moment. There will come an update for win10
which offers HDR support.

What I can say for Netflix the UHD/4K movies do work, but no HDR at the moment.
Don't know if it's win10, Netflix or what else could influence the HDR support.

Hey Gizzmo, according to Assrock in a reply to my email, it supports HDR. What tool did you use to activate HDCP 2.2? Thanks.

Also, are going directly from HDMI jack to your receiver to get lossless DTS and Atmos or using an adapter from the DP port? Just wondering if I will need an adapter for bitstream audio? Thanks.

Back