• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trolls US Redbox Bluray

BobbyChaps

Running AnyDVD HD 8.1.0.0

I am having a problem ripping the Redbox version of the Trolls bluray.

Log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.0.0_Info_E_TROLLS.ziplog
    373 KB · Views: 7

From what I can see the log seems to show read errors - this means it's either a bad disc (most likely) or drive.
Try cleaning the disc (even if it looks good) and see if that helps, if still no good see if you can get a replacement disc to try.

my disk won't work either.
otal size: 22954048 sectors (44832 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: TROLLS
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 57
Warning: VerifyTitleKeys failed!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Definitly something not right about this disc.
Have Redbox version as well.
Not sure if Screenpass or what but speedmenu showing tracks that are clips of main movie.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.0.0_Info_F_TROLLS.ziplog
    387.2 KB · Views: 10
Have the Redbox box version and didn't have any problems using HandBreak. Read online to use 00850.mpls, so far so good....

Have the Redbox box version and didn't have any problems using HandBreak. Read online to use 00850.mpls, so far so good....
Good luck with that.
According to speedmenu there's no 850 playlist on the disc I have which is why they don't want playlist numbering mentioned. As it can confuse and cause issues.
And speedmenu uses the same numbering as the mpls does IIRC.
Will wait for a team member to look into this.

Sooooo you're saying I didn't use the 850 playlist and what I'm watching isn't Trolls? :banghead:

No you could have a different version.
Like I said the version I have does not have that playlist according to speedmenu.

You disc simply has read errors - just do as ddjmagic says.

Warning: VerifyTitleKeys failed!
You need to post a log file.

Not sure if Screenpass or what but speedmenu showing tracks that are clips of main movie.
It's not screen pass - it's very strange, though, it looks like a disc with BD+ but without BD+ (Everything in the JAR directory indicates BD+, but there's no BDSVM folder). Since it's playing (except for the title selection), BD+ apparently is really not on the disc, it's just "prepared" for it.

Like I said the version I have does not have that playlist according to speedmenu.
Looking at the contents of your log file right now, I can assure you, your version does have playlist 850
(though generally, you're right - playlists differ from country to country/edition to edition and mentioning playlists just based on a title sometimes just causes confusion)

Here's the log file I was able to use to make a good copy of Trolls if the Administrator's need it to confirm playlist 850 is the correct one.

Attachments

387.5 KB · Views: 9
Here's the log file I was able to use to make a good copy of Trolls if the Administrator's need it to confirm playlist 850 is the correct one.
Enable speedmenu and tell me if it shows that playlist as one of the three it lists for main movie.
On mine it it doesn't.

Enable speedmenu and tell me if it shows that playlist as one of the three it lists for main movie.
On mine it it doesn't.

nebostrangla, I unfortunately no longer have the disk and I do not use speedmenu so I can't confirm your concern. Pete stated he was able to confirm that playlist in your log file, so somehow it's hidden, I don't know. Hopefully the adminstrators will do the magic that they do and will have anydvd list or validate the correct playlist.

On mine it it doesn't.

The Speedmenu listings are just an educated guess, so what it lists doesn't necessary mean they are the only correct ones (or even correct at all)
Some discs like this can have weird layouts and just fool the Speedmenu. In these cases it's not a protection or anything sinister.

From my experience with this, most of the time 800 and 850 are usually the same English stream layout so both will be fine to use for playback or conversion.

Edit: The only time the Speedmenu isn't a "educated guess" is if AnyDVD lists a good playlist, in that case the Speedmenu will of course use that.

Last edited:
I have the Netflix version of the disc and HandBrake is selecting 802 as the playlist it wants to use. Not sure yet if this is correct or not as I've never seen the movie before so I can't spot check to see if all the scenes are in order.

Here is the log file for Trolls Netflix. If anyone who knows what they are doing could verify the correct playlist, I'd appreciate it. I used 802, not sure if that's correct?

Attachments

376.2 KB · Views: 4
I did have a moment last night to compare playlists 802 and 850 from Netflix BR disc. The scenes seem to be in identical order, but 802 has some subtitling (not complete) that 850 does not have, so 850 appears to be the correct playlist for the Netflix disc, and not the 802 that HandBrake selects.

The disc info file does not suggest a playlist for this disc, I would recommend an update so that the correct playlist is indicated in the disc info file.

Looking at this disc in CloneBD it also doesn't show the 850 playlist it starts at 851 or 852 . And those are different playlists than what Speedmenu is telling me to use. On the Redbox ver. it shows Three PL for main movie. The same amount as CBD just not numbered the same.
I will look into this matter further when I get home. And post here.

Back