• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Setting Region Code on New Drive doesn't work

Doctor Dub

I am located in North America (DVD Region 1).

I received a set of Region 2 DVDs from the UK. I get a warning when trying to rip each disk using a region 1 optical drive that AnyDVD does not have the CSS keys and will guess them. Previous forum discussions indicate that the problem is the Region 1 setting on my optical drive. Both are LG drives.

The result on the ripped and burned region-free disks is some pixilation .

I purchased an ASUS Blu-Ray Combo optical drive (SBC 06D2X U) and set the region for this drive to Region 2 so I can rip Region 2 DVDs without encountering CSS Key problems.

AnyDVD Rip Video Disc To Hard Drive will not work with this new drive. This message appears:

"WARNING!
"Failed to read DVD!
"This could have several reasons:
  1. – DVD Media is dirty, you can try to clean it.
  2. – DVD is damaged, you have to replace it.
  3. Your drive is a region locked RPC2 drive, which does not allow reading of scrambled sectors from a different region and you try to read a DVD from a different region. Known drives having this problem are RICOH/PHILIPS DVD Writers and Matshita/Panasonic DVD readers and writers. You can try to find a RPC1 patched firmware at http://www.rpc1.com
  4. Your drive is an RPC2 drive that has not yet been assigned a Region. Try to assign one, or try to find a RPC1 patched firmware at http://www.rpcq.com"

The discs are new and not dirty or damaged.
I assigned Region 2 to the drive to conform to the Region 2 DVDs I am trying to rip.

www.rpc1.com is no longer a link to an active Web site.

My operating system is Windows 7 and I am using AnyDVD 8.1.0.0
I don't know what other information is required.

My questions:
If the optical drive is set to Region 2 and the DVD is Region 2, why will AnyDVD not rip the disc to my Hard drive?
How do I make this process work?

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-5_15-47-37.png
    upload_2017-3-5_15-47-37.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 11
In future please post in DVD section, since your's problem has to with dvd.

If you can "The result on the ripped and burned region-free disks is some pixilation. then anydvd ripped properly I will check you storage drive to see if it is okay run build in tools check for errors on disk.

Also provide log file for disc you having problem with.

I am located in North America (DVD Region 1).

I received a set of Region 2 DVDs from the UK. I get a warning when trying to rip each disk using a region 1 optical drive that AnyDVD does not have the CSS keys and will guess them. Previous forum discussions indicate that the problem is the Region 1 setting on my optical drive. Both are LG drives.

My questions:
If the optical drive is set to Region 2 and the DVD is Region 2, why will AnyDVD not rip the disc to my Hard drive?
How do I make this process work?
Everything you wrote indicates that your drive regions are still set to 0.
Post a logfile. No logfile, no help.

Thank you, Hawk and Yaris, for your responses.
Log file attached.

Problem could be because AnyDVD does not recognize that the new optical drive has been re-set to Region 2. Status shows it sees the drive as Region 0.

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.0.0, BDPHash.bin 17-02-21)
ASUS SBC-06D2X-U D301 150305
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Drive supports AACS version: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2061104 sectors (4025 MBytes)
Total size: 3974864 sectors (7763 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVDVolume
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2 4!
Video Standard: PAL

RCE protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

I tried setting the Default Region in Settings to Region 2 and unplugging and re-connecting the optical drive. AnyDVD still sees Region 0.

I have tried re-starting and re-booting the computer, and re-connecting the optical drive again, but none of these prompts AnyDVD to see the drive as Region 2.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.0.0_Info_G_DVDVolume.ziplog
    80 KB · Views: 5
Back