• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.
If those are the specific requirements that came with the Japanese drive, maybe by the time Power DVD 17 is officially released along with a drive for North America, we will have the option to use a dedicated GPU.

I did some more testing, especially because there is a Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor from Cyberlink now. With following results:

directly HDMI from mainboard: Advisor shows me all O.K. but Blu-ray drive and HDCP 2.2 not
using DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter: Advisor shows me all O.K. but Blu-ray drive and HDR not
using Tunderbold 3/USB-C 3.1 to HDMI 2.0 adapter: Advisor show me all O.K. but Blu-ray drive, HDCP 2.2 and HDR not
using DP1.1 to HDMI 1.4 adapter: Advisor shows me all O.K. but Blu-ray dirve, HDCP 2.2 and HDR not

In all cases Blu-ray 3D shows all fine, but it is only working using the DP1.1 to HDMI 1.4 adapter.

Netflix 4K/UHD works with DP1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter.

Tryed the latest Intel drivers, firmwareupdate for the adapter but never geht HDR and HDCP 2.2 together and 3D is only
working when breaking down the connection to HDMI 1.4.

Like mentioned before it's the Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming-ITXac/index.de.asp

Which should be one of the less board working with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, but there seem to be
still some issues. Hopefully driver based and will be solved...
1 slot for pcie card? Not much for expansion now....like usb3s and m2 slots. Wonder if companies will include m2 capture cards as it seems the technology is migration to m2

1 slot for pcie card? Not much for expansion now....like usb3s and m2 slots. Wonder if companies will include m2 capture cards as it seems the technology is migration to m2
I contacted ASRock about having only one video card slot and asked them if they plan on releasing that board with more slots _ never heard from them _ it's been weeks.

Well, yes, that's why they need to cough up a full ATX board with the same features.
It doesn't make sense, why come out with a new board with new features and only offer it in a tiny form factor, it's quite useless.

I don't care about the extension slots, because I don't wanna use them.

If it comes to UHD Blu-ray playback at the moment it seems you even would not be
able to use them.

I finally got SGX enabled according to the Cyberlink Ultra HD Blu-Ray Advisor, which a royal pain the butt, so I thought I'd document how I did it here.

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E motherboard with an Intel Core i7 7700k processor, which both support SGX, but in the BIOS settings, your only options are Disabled, and Software Controlled (defaulting to the latter). The Intel tool listed in this thread and the Cyberlink tool were both saying SGX disabled. According to https://software.intel.com/en-us/ar...oftware-guard-extensions-in-your-applications Software Controlled means that a Windows app using the Intel SGX SDK needs to call some special function to enable it. Okay, but what software? Googling doesn't find any, so I decide I'll have to download the (free) SDK and find some sample code or something. I register for the SDK, and try to install the PNW piece of it, which seems to be the distributable that software the uses SGX should install on end user machines, and contains the DLL my first reference said has the function for enabling it. What the heck!? A bit more digging, and I find an sgx_capable.dll and header file that you're supposed to package with your installer, and not even install the PNW if SGX isn't available. Ok, so, I can link against this, and use the following code:

Code:
    sgx_status_t status;
    sgx_device_status_t device_status;
    int capable;
    status = sgx_is_capable(&capable);
    status = sgx_cap_enable_device(&device_status);

status keeps returning success, with capable saying false, and device status giving me error SGX_DISABLED_LEGACY_OS, /* SGX is disabled and a Software Control Interface is not available to enable it */. Seriously? I have Windows 10 x64, on a brand new CPU and mobo! A bit more googling - I install the latest Intel Management Engine (which may or may not be required to enable or use SGX), and that didn't help. Finally a find a hint that the API to enable SGX requires EFI. Bingo!! I haven't done a fresh install of Windows in over a decade (seriously! this computer started as Windows Vista). Search for a tutorial to convert from MBR to GPT and enable EFI booting, which went off without a hitch. The Cyberlink tool still says no SGX, so I run my code. At first I got a different error (can't remember which, but it was obvious I needed to run it as admin). Try again... this time capable returns true! And the device_status is SGX_DISABLED_REBOOT_REQUIRED. Reboot, and no the Cyberlink tool is happy with my SGX!! Success!

So, tl;dr: if your BIOS doesn't let you force enable SGX (and maybe even if it does?) you need to boot via EFI, and enable SGX via special software. How a mere mortal consumer is supposed to figure that out is beyond me.

Oh, and for those suggesting AnyDVD just trick Cyberlink by setting a flag that SGX exists... that's not going to work. It's kind of a whole runtime environment that PDVD is using to decrypt stuff under. AnyDVD would have to implement an entire SGX simulator (one actually comes with the SGX SDK, but I don't know how complete it is), and convince PDVD to use it rather than the real SDK.

Anyhow, for me, I just need an HDCP 2.2 connection (my mobo only does HDMI 1.4 on the HDMI output, so I ordered a proper DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a active converter, since I'm pretty sure the DisplayPort output supports HDCP 2.2), and hope for a firmware update to my LG SVC50 drive, or order the panny, or wait for a US release of one that will work. I also really hope the HDCP 2.2 is just a soft requirement, and that it will let me watch UHD discs on a 1080p display with current gen HDCP by downconverting, like a hardware UHD player would do.

I think the first thing AnyDVD has to do in regards to UHD Blu-ray is removing the HDCP 2.2 requirement in PDVD 17 that seems like the easiest thing to do right now as HDCP 2.2 has already been broken or "down-converted" to standard HDCP.

There's a difference between "breaking it" and "downscaling" it to a less strict hdcp like those HDFury & consorts do. Minor word difference, major actual difference.

There's a difference between "breaking it" and "downscaling" it to a less strict hdcp like those HDFury & consorts do. Minor word difference, major actual difference.
Could it be possible to downscale it and then break the downscaled version?

Could it be possible to downscale it and then break the downscaled version?
Yes. 2.2 to 1.4a to splitter =4k at 30fps max 4:2:0 color 8bit. No one can get hdr and 10bit as this would require a splitter to bypass hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2 which was available but the company got suide for 5million bucks. Only 2 thousand units were released by this company. It's too expensive to down grade then capture 4k right now. Another thing be prepared to capture at 1 gig minute. You can research atamos recorders and see how fast a 250gig ssd can fill up. You guys better off just buying a player and the disk.

Last edited:
I finally got SGX enabled according to the Cyberlink Ultra HD Blu-Ray Advisor, which a royal pain the butt, so I thought I'd document how I did it here.

I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E motherboard with an Intel Core i7 7700k processor, which both support SGX, but in the BIOS settings, your only options are Disabled, and Software Controlled (defaulting to the latter). The Intel tool listed in this thread and the Cyberlink tool were both saying SGX disabled. According to https://software.intel.com/en-us/ar...oftware-guard-extensions-in-your-applications Software Controlled means that a Windows app using the Intel SGX SDK needs to call some special function to enable it. Okay, but what software? Googling doesn't find any, so I decide I'll have to download the (free) SDK and find some sample code or something. I register for the SDK, and try to install the PNW piece of it, which seems to be the distributable that software the uses SGX should install on end user machines, and contains the DLL my first reference said has the function for enabling it. What the heck!? A bit more digging, and I find an sgx_capable.dll and header file that you're supposed to package with your installer, and not even install the PNW if SGX isn't available. Ok, so, I can link against this, and use the following code:

Code:
    sgx_status_t status;
    sgx_device_status_t device_status;
    int capable;
    status = sgx_is_capable(&capable);
    status = sgx_cap_enable_device(&device_status);

status keeps returning success, with capable saying false, and device status giving me error SGX_DISABLED_LEGACY_OS, /* SGX is disabled and a Software Control Interface is not available to enable it */. Seriously? I have Windows 10 x64, on a brand new CPU and mobo! A bit more googling - I install the latest Intel Management Engine (which may or may not be required to enable or use SGX), and that didn't help. Finally a find a hint that the API to enable SGX requires EFI. Bingo!! I haven't done a fresh install of Windows in over a decade (seriously! this computer started as Windows Vista). Search for a tutorial to convert from MBR to GPT and enable EFI booting, which went off without a hitch. The Cyberlink tool still says no SGX, so I run my code. At first I got a different error (can't remember which, but it was obvious I needed to run it as admin). Try again... this time capable returns true! And the device_status is SGX_DISABLED_REBOOT_REQUIRED. Reboot, and no the Cyberlink tool is happy with my SGX!! Success!

So, tl;dr: if your BIOS doesn't let you force enable SGX (and maybe even if it does?) you need to boot via EFI, and enable SGX via special software. How a mere mortal consumer is supposed to figure that out is beyond me.

Oh, and for those suggesting AnyDVD just trick Cyberlink by setting a flag that SGX exists... that's not going to work. It's kind of a whole runtime environment that PDVD is using to decrypt stuff under. AnyDVD would have to implement an entire SGX simulator (one actually comes with the SGX SDK, but I don't know how complete it is), and convince PDVD to use it rather than the real SDK.

Anyhow, for me, I just need an HDCP 2.2 connection (my mobo only does HDMI 1.4 on the HDMI output, so I ordered a proper DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 2.0a active converter, since I'm pretty sure the DisplayPort output supports HDCP 2.2), and hope for a firmware update to my LG SVC50 drive, or order the panny, or wait for a US release of one that will work. I also really hope the HDCP 2.2 is just a soft requirement, and that it will let me watch UHD discs on a 1080p display with current gen HDCP by downconverting, like a hardware UHD player would do.
In order to play with sgx you must be registered to have access to Intel binaries which are remotely accessed to what I read (might want to double check this). Only approved devolopers can use sgx binaries to create secure enclaves and debug them with a key. To access the instruction sets inside sgx requires an Intel key to its binaries. Why I'm reading this stuff is beyond me.

As for 1.4a you will get 4k at 30fps max at 8bit without hdr. HD fury works on 1.4 by passing meta data separate to trigger hdr on tvs. Hdr meta data is the data past the dynamic range of white to black when TV brightness reaches normal white or black Hdr Meta data tells the TV to extend the spectrum of white to black so you do not get blow outs when ground is exposed and the sky is over bright losing detail. When Hdr applies full spectrum the TV needs to know meta data so your TV is not dull and flat.

Last edited:
In order to play with sgx you must be registered to have access to Intel binaries which are remotely accessed to what I read (might want to double check this). Only approved devolopers can use sgx binaries to create secure enclaves and debug them with a key. To access the instruction sets inside sgx requires an Intel key to its binaries. Why I'm reading this stuff is beyond me.

As for 1.4a you will get 4k at 30fps max at 8bit without hdr. HD fury works on 1.4 by passing meta data separate to trigger hdr on tvs. Hdr meta data is the data past the dynamic range of white to black when TV brightness reaches normal white or black Hdr Meta data tells the TV to extend the spectrum of white to black so you do not get blow outs when ground is exposed and the sky is over bright losing detail. When Hdr applies full spectrum the TV needs to know meta data so your TV is not dull and flat.
Because you're not very busy and you have nothing better to do... :D

Yes. 2.2 to 1.4a to splitter =4k at 30fps max 4:2:0 color 8bit. No one can get hdr and 10bit as this would require a splitter to bypass hdmi 2.0 hdcp 2.2 which was available but the company got suide for 5million bucks. Only 2 thousand units were released by this company. It's too expensive to down grade then capture 4k right now. Another thing be prepared to capture at 1 gig minute. You can research atamos recorders and see how fast a 250gig ssd can fill up. You guys better off just buying a player and the disk.
What company was this, there are lots of HDMI 2.0 splitters, but they certainly don't circumvent HDCP 2.2 ?

http://www.hdtvsupply.com/hdmi-2-0-splitters.html

Back