• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

No Media Recognized since 2 days

chum

Hallo,
have the following Problem, that since 2 days my DVD-Drive does not recognize any media.
I am using "old" ANYDVD 6.9.5, which worked until now fine.
While viewing a movie (Suidcide Squad) my drive quit from one Moment to the other.

In the registry (lowerclass) ANYDVD is mentioned.

Could someone please help how to fix this.
Thanks

Disable AnyDVD for a moment, does the drive see the discs now that it didn't before?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

The official release date of "Suicide Squad" is December 2016, long after Slysoft was forced to shut down.

Likely the DVD has a newer protection scheme the older AnyDVD version is unable to deal with.

As Ch3vr0n suggests, disable your older AnyDVD version to see if that might be an issue with playback.

Hallo,
have the following Problem, that since 2 days my DVD-Drive does not recognize any media.
Any media? Even old copies? Then your drive may be dying.

Thanks for your replies.
Yes, I had deleted ANYDVD, uninstalled the DVD Driver and reinstalled, without reinstalling ANYDVD - medias not recognized at all.
Using an external DVD-drive (via USB), everything worked fine with ANYDVD <> Suicide Squad, so I guess not protection.

That is why my question;
is this a Driver confict ?
has "old" ANYDVD a limited lifespan and causing Problems, as this has not been updated quite some time ?
or
very simple - is my drive defective (since my Computer is new, I have asked HP to send replacement and hope this is the cause)

If anyone can help re registry, all help is very well apreciated (using WIN 10 Pro)
Thanks

If the drive doesn't see any discs even with AnyDVD uninstalled, then it's not an AnyDVD problem. Plain and simple, but a dead/dying drive

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Thanks for help, was also my 1st guess.
Just bought a new HP Notebook, 1st DVD drive made loud sounds and had been replaced and I guess they sent as replacement a refurbished replacement drive, which is now defective.

Attachments

• MicrosoftFixit.dvd.FISC.7314437670186351.1.1.Run.zip
    205.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Just bought a new HP Notebook, 1st DVD drive made loud sounds and had been replaced and I guess they sent as replacement a refurbished replacement drive, which is now defective.
Never accept "used" parts during the return timeframe. You bought new, period.
I would return the whole thing and shop elsewhere.

Put in the new drive HP delivered, no everything is working, so my 1st guess dying drive was right.
Thanks to all

Back