• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

'The Girl on the Train' Region 2 - New Copy Protection?

Dave_N

Tried to load up the new DVD 'The Girl on the Train' (Region 2) today.

AnyDVD appears to think it's OK, but my USB connected Blu Ray Player does not think the DVD is valid - it won't play it normally (for example, using PowerDVD) and I have tried 3 different DVD rippers and none of them can load any relevant files from the DVD. This Blu Ray player doesn't have problems with any of my other discs after AnyDVD has 'done its thing'.

As this is a very new DVD, perhaps it is utilising some new kind of copy protection?

I have created a log file - could you please have a look and see what is happening?

Thanks.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_I_THE_GIRL_ON_THE_TRAIN.ziplog
    132.9 KB · Views: 8
Update - I have checked my set region in Device Manager with AnyDVD disabled and it is set to Region 2, which is the correct region for this disc.

Also, the Blu Ray Player will play the disc normally (using PowerDVD) when AnyDVD is disabled, but of course the rippers don't work in this case anyway.

I can only guess that AnyDVD is somehow causing some corruption to the data stream when it is trying to remove the Copy Protection.

Hi, I just want to add that I have had the exact same behaviour with this dvd when I tried to rip it this morning, (girl on a train, also region 2) - AnyDVD thinks it rips ok, but the rip will not play even in vlc player. I have never had the situation where AnyDVD has completed without an error, but the rip is un-usable (there has always been some sort of error message).

This is why it seems to me as well as Dave_N that this may be a new type of copy protection. Disclaimer - I know nothing about how this stuff actually works and so might be talking complete rubbish about what is happening under the covers!

PS I tried this with 8.0.9.0 and 8.0.9.2, behaviour was the same. I haven't posted my log as I don't want to hijack OP's post, just want to let you know that it doesn't look to be an isolated incident.

PS I tried this with 8.0.9.0 and 8.0.9.2, behaviour was the same. I haven't posted my log as I don't want to hijack OP's post, just want to let you know that it doesn't look to be an isolated incident.

No logfile = we can't help you. Just because you have the same title, does NOT mean you have an identical version

Hi chevron, I wasn't asking for help, I thought I had made that clear.... I was simply chiming in that I had received similar behaviour.

And I DO know that they may be completely different causes, but I am going with probabilities here. The likelihood that my issue is the same as the OP is, in my opinion, high enough that I thought it prudent to mention I had encountered the same behaviour. You can choose to ignore it, it's a free world. Maybe the OP appreciates the sentiment more than you...

I am having the same issue... Here is my logfile...

Attachments

• AnyDVD_log.txt
    45.8 KB · Views: 4
That's not a logfile. The logfile is the ENTIRE .ziplog file.

Here you go..

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_F_THE_GIRL_ON_THE_TRAIN.ziplog
    118.5 KB · Views: 8

AnyDVD appears to think it's OK, but my USB connected Blu Ray Player does not think the DVD is valid - it won't play it normally (for example, using PowerDVD) and I have tried 3 different DVD rippers and none of them can load any relevant files from the DVD. This Blu Ray player doesn't have problems with any of my other discs after AnyDVD has 'done its thing'.

As this is a very new DVD, perhaps it is utilising some new kind of copy protection?

I have created a log file - could you please have a look and see what is happening?

Thanks.
Which country is this disc from? UK? Where can I buy this disc? Do you have an Amazon order link?

AnyDVD appears to think it's OK, but my USB connected Blu Ray Player does not think the DVD is valid - it won't play it normally (for example, using PowerDVD)
Even without AnyDVD running? AnyDVD thinks, that there is nothing(!) on the disc.

Thanks.
Can you try to turn off "copy protection based on..." for this disc? Any difference?

Yeah.. Bought a lifetime license with Slysoft but can seem to update...
That's because your license died when slysoft got shut down. This has been announced almost a year ago, when redfox started.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

OK, Thanks Chevron... so never buy lifetime then ;)

That may be your take.
Most of us - after hearing (and verifying) the whole sordid story, were MORE than happy to support the "Redfox Project".
-W

Back