• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

removing cinavia with anydvd/clonedvd2

mikel

Is James trying to figure out how to remove cinavia from regular dvds such as Deepwater Horizon

Hello mikel:
Where did you obtain your original DVD of Deepwater Horizon?
I ripped a Redbox copy, and a Netflix copy, and neither had the Cinavia problem.
I wonder, can the individual distributor/rental outlet/retail outlet, stipulate whether or not the Cinavia watermark is impressed on their version?
Or is it a total prize package that the studio has complete control over?

Art

Is James trying to figure out how to remove cinavia from regular dvds such as Deepwater Horizon
Not a thing James can do with CloneDVD, that is an Elaborate Bytes app. Not RedFox.

zartt, rented my copy of Deepwater Horizon from Family Video, I am going to try Netflix and see what happens, thanks mikel

Netflix DVDs can have Cinavia just the same. It's not uncommon even on rental discs.

@FurryGuy. It's very much something @James can do. If AnyDVD is going to remove Cinavia from DVD's at some point, it's likely going to be a similar approach to how it does it for Blu-ray.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

@James forgive me for asking, but how will a logfile change things in regards to cinavia for this title (or any other dvd for that matter). We're talking about a DVD here, not a blu-ray which anydvd can already remove in combination with CloneBD. Are you working on a DVD cinavia removal method?

I do not think cinava is the problem with the disc. It is one of those disc that shows every title at +6gigs. When you rip it, no matter how you do it. The opening sequence plays twice. After that the movie plays fine.

You think wrong. why bring a non-relevant playback issue into this topic? The OP is specifically asking about cinavia removal on DVDs. No more, no less. He's not asking about ripping problems nor playback problems, or how many titles at which size. Cinavia also won't stop you from ripping IN ANY WAY. It will stop you from PLAYING the title fully with audio active. Please stay on topic.

Hello mikel:
Where did you obtain your original DVD of Deepwater Horizon?
I ripped a Redbox copy, and a Netflix copy, and neither had the Cinavia problem.
I wonder, can the individual distributor/rental outlet/retail outlet, stipulate whether or not the Cinavia watermark is impressed on their version?
Or is it a total prize package that the studio has complete control over?

Art

Please disregard my original reply to the O/P mikel in post #2.
I tested the copies of "DEEPWATER HORIZON" I made on the one test Stand Alone Sony player I have with the downlevel firmware.
They played without invoking the Cinavia warning.
Upon review of what I had done, I played both discs on the identical S/A player; the one with the latest firmware, and the player detected that both discs triggered the Cinavia warning.
I truly apologize to mikel, and to all others for putting out erroneous information.
The REDBOX, and NETFLIX issues of "DEEPWATER HORIZON" on DVD that I obtained DO have the Cinavia watermark on them.
I'm sorry for the confusion.

Art

@James forgive me for asking, but how will a logfile change things in regards to cinavia for this title (or any other dvd for that matter). We're talking about a DVD here, not a blu-ray which anydvd can already remove in combination with CloneBD. Are you working on a DVD cinavia removal method?
You can see, if a DVD can have Cinavia (AACS directory & content present).

yeah but the question wasn't how you can see if has cinavia ;) The question was if you were working on a cinavia removal method for DVD's.

I have read several posting regarding Cinavia and it's removal. I have a couple questions:
1) is there a way to know which blu rays have Cinavia?
2) can I assume that all Sony Blurays have Cinavia?
3) I have checked the box "Remove cinavia from CloneBD" setting inside anydvd and in CloneBD I select "downconvert audio". For some reason my Red Fox didn't changed to purple.

Any advice?

Many thanks,

J

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have read several posting regarding Cinavia and it's removal. I have a couple questions:
1) is there a way to know which blu rays have Cinavia?
2) can I assume that all Sony Blurays have Cinavia?
3) I have checked the box "Remove cinavia from CloneBD" setting inside anydvd and in CloneBD I select "downconvert audio". For some reason my Red Fox didn't changed to purple.

Any advice?

Many thanks,

J

1--You can use CloneBD and test your Blu-ray disc/iso to see if it has Cinavia in it.

2--Lionsgate and Universal have started to use Cinavia on most or all of their Blu-rays and DVDs just like Sony, so it wouldn't hurt to test your Blu-ray disc/iso with CloneBD to be sure.

3--If you have any issues with CloneBD, post the info in the CloneBD Forum, and please include the CloneBD log, along with the AnyDVD log.

That way, you'll get the help that you need.

Good luck.

:)

Thank you whatever_gong82

How do yo test your Blu-ray in CloneBD?

J

You play it with the preview player. After a few seconds, Bert will tell you, if it hears the CInavia signal.

You play it with the preview player. After a few seconds, Bert will tell you, if it hears the CInavia signal.

Thank you very much for your prompt response, James.

I give it a try later on this morning.

J.

I have two Blu-Rays, one is a SONY and the second one is from Universal.
I'm trying to learn to detect is the discs have Cinavia with CloneBD.
After I insert the Blu-Ray in my computer and open CloneBD, do I play the main feature in order to detect Cinavia?
I'm a bit confused in how to detect if a Blu-Ray has Cinavia or not.

I'm sorry but I new with the issues of Cinavia.

Also, shall i place these questions in the CloneBD forum?

Many thanks,

j.

On the title listing screen, simply click any title you want and start playback with CloneBD's internal preview player. Within seconds CloneBD will inform you if the selected audio track has cinavia. You can also check the disc packaging (though not all studios do that)

Che3vron, Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Will CloneBD inform me that the audio track has Cinavia if in AnyDVD HD I have checked the box "Remove Cinavia watermark from CloneBD during audio copy"?

Back