• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Corel releases WinDVD Pro 12

whatever_gong82

WinDVD Pro 12 was recently released by Corel.

It says that it added these things to its app, which are:

New 4K video support

New More files supported, including HEVC (H.265)

New Clean, modern interface

Enhanced Smooth high frame rate playback

Personally, I think I'll wait for Cyberlink to release PowerDVD 17 in a few months before I'll even think of using their software.

But, if anyone is interested in looking at it, you can check out the Corel site for more info.

If you posted this in the light of UHD, then I need to burst the bubble a bit. 4k support is NOT the same as UHD support. If purely for information, then thanks for doing that. Personally I'll wait for pdvd too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

If you posted this in the light of UHD, then I need to burst the bubble a bit. 4k support is NOT the same as UHD support. If purely for information, then thanks for doing that. Personally I'll wait for pdvd too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.
Agreed.

I have WinDVD Pro 11 on both my main PC and my main laptop, but I hardly ever use them (PowerDVD and AnyDVD FTW!)

I just don't see myself wasting good $$ for so-so (at best, and I'm being kind here) software.

I wished that ArcSoft didn't go belly up over 2 years ago with TotalMedia Theatre (They're still in business, just not in the Blu-ray/DVD business anymore.)

I actually used their TotalMedia Theatre far more than I did PowerDVD, until they went and stopped supporting the program right around September of 2014. I would've loved to see how they would've done with 4K and the UHD stuff that's becoming more mainstream now.

can't seem to find a trial installer on their site, i think they no longer have one.

Back