• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

help SACD

pminri

I'm trying to find out if any slysoft product can copy a SACD?

I'm trying to find out if any slysoft product can copy a SACD?

AnyDVD won't help with SACDs.

You may be able to copy an SACD with CloneCD but I honestly don't know for sure. I have no experience with SACD.

As I understand it, an SACD has 2 layers:
A Hi-Res layer and a conventional layer.
If an SACD is placed into a regular CD player, it will play but only as a conventional audio CD.
An SACD player will read the Hi-Res layer giving the superior audio.

So CloneCD should work (if the disc plays on the computer) but will only copy the conventional layer not the Hi-Res layer.

Last edited:
If Only

One problem related to this is the fact that i don't believe there is any SACD software players for computers, believe that if its HiRez Sacd only will not be recognized your computer.

if its HiRez Sacd only will not be recognized your computer.
All SACDs are hybrids. They contain both Hi-Res and conventional audio, so should play on a computer.

There are actually 2 other types of SACD. Technically they're DVD's with the audio being on either a single layer and dual layer DVD.

Last edited:
all sacd's are hybrids-they contain both hi-res and conventional audio,so should play on computer.

(there are actually 2 other types of sacd.technically they're dvd's with the audio being on either a single layer and dual layer dvd).
Is there a likelihood of CloneCd being further developed to process SACD discs?

On a SACD disc the SACD layer can only be copied via a process using a first or second generation PS3. The resultant copy in file form can be played using foobar or similar and some media players. A "SACD-R" disc can be turned to dvd media but these can only be played in certain commercial dvd/bluray players and the number of these is decreasing as the firmware is being locked down to prevent this.

No, because there is no SACD reader / drive.

This may be a naive question, but how hard would it be to connect the original PS3 optical drive to a computer?

UPDATE: Here's a blog about doing exactly that: http://sacd-ripper.blogspot.com/
The summary seems to be that you can plug it straight in using a passive IDE adaptor, but there's no PC software to rip the disk image. Currently people are ripping images on other expenisive/rare hardware.

Here's some chatter about ripping SACD with various hardware: PS3 Drive in PC (unresolved), Pioneer, Cambridge or Oppo BluRay player (List of Models)

Last edited:
Back