• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime License my butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MPAA/AACS-LA shut down slysoft, not RedFox.
The MPAA doesn't have any legal authority even in the USA . All it can do is file suit & complaints to get laws passed by Congress enforced .
The AACS-LA is about the same . That is what happened with slysoft in Antigua .
The AACS-LA filed a complaint in an Antigua court. Who then enforced a law that was already on the books for 11 years.
So it was actually Antigua that shutdown slysoft. Even then it was a $30000 fine against Giancarlo Bettini . Not directly against slysoft I didn't find any court order for slysoft to cease & desist .
I don't know if this was Antiguas' highest court. So it may have been able to be pursued further.
To me the fine would have been a lot but to a company not that much. Cost of doing business .
It would have had to go to court another time for another fine.
My personal opinion is Giancarlo Bettini had made enough money & was ready to retire.
Or for further "conspiracy theory" still runs RedFox behind the scene.

Of course since RedFox started operations from Belize . Only complaints filed in their courts have any bearing.

In either situation the court has to decide the complainant has legal standing.
Antiguas' court could have decided that the AACS-LA didn't have legal standing.

I'm sure that Antigua weighed the money slysoft paid in taxes against foreign aid from the USA.
A threat that shouldn't have been made on the AACS-LA's behalf.
That is where the political influence of the AACS-LA in the USA was abused.
If I had my way the top staff of the AACS-LA would be in prison for that.
The same with an individual bringing a lawsuit against Giancarlo Bettini & slysoft.
It is not financially possible or smart for most of us .
So I don't believe we will see a complaint in a USA court made against the AACS-LA by an individual .
Most likely not a class action either.
Whether in the USA or Antigua the majority are stuck with what their government does.

"We the people" did strike a blow against the existing government in the USA by electing President Trump.
First time in a long time.
I hope that works well.

"We the people" did strike a blow against the existing government in the USA by electing President Trump.
First time in a long time.
I hope that works well.

Prepare for a little backlash on that comment because I have seen more than a couple liberal weenies floating around in here LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prepare for a little backlash on that comment because I have seen more than a couple liberal weenies floating around in here LOL.

In the history of this forum, I do not believe there has ever been a place for political discussions. I'm confident that any such attempts to allow such postings would have negative consequences for the poster. This is an international forum to assist members in backing up their media.

There's been plenty of political comments but, I digress.

It was meant to be an example of "going against the governmen"t by the people.
The common folk that otherwise is at the mercy of the government .
Not to start a " political discussion".

However on the subject of "political discussions" .
Most forums have them in some form . They just state they don't.
Any law including court rulings by any country is a "political discussion".
I've seen plenty of that posted on this & other forums.

It only becomes "political discussion" when what is posted isn't liked by forum staff.

The MPAA doesn't have any legal authority even in the USA . All it can do is file suit & complaints to get laws passed by Congress enforced .
The AACS-LA is about the same . That is what happened with slysoft in Antigua .
The AACS-LA filed a complaint in an Antigua court. Who then enforced a law that was already on the books for 11 years.
So it was actually Antigua that shutdown slysoft.
I also brought up those facts several times in this forum, but people (+some mods) don't want to hear the simple truth, they want evil powers and corrupt authorities to be the main culprits - ignoring Bettinis & Slysoft's omissions.

And none of that is any different from what I or other mods said. We said the Antigua authorities shut slysoft down, under pressure from the MPAA and aacs-la. If they didn't do that, none of this would have happened and Antigua still wouldn't give a rats ass about the USA or slysoft doing what it was doing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

This is over 1 year old now, the case is closed, discussing and trying to make ridiculous statements about who knows foreign policy better is not going to help you or us. Slysoft is closed. We are Redfox, if you would like to buy a license or if you need help with using the product , we are here for you. Otherwise the thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back