• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Few Requests/Suggestions.

ddjmagic

A few Requests/Suggestions.

Reasonable Suggestions (that other tools use so can possibly be implemented)

Partial Copy - Specifically when using a Single Title/Playlist.

1) Option to remove the 'Top Menu' (not needed when using one title) and have the disc stop or loop (ideally users choice in GUI) when finished.

Current workaround - Manually remove Top menu in BDEdit and add the movie loop or stop.

2) Has been added in 1.0.6.2 Option to set a different audio and/or subtitle track as default during playback.
Current Workaround - Manually edit 'Set Stream' in BDEdit and change to desire audio/subtitle track.

3) Allow Audio to be encoded but not video (any audio options force unwanted video encode).

Preview Player

1) Ability to play just the forced parts of a Subtitle track.
Example - A disc has a Subtitle track, that contains both full English Subtitles and the foreign only subtitles (These are always marked as forced).
Currently CloneBD only plays the full subtitle - So the user would remove/uncheck it not knowing it also contains the forced parts.

Workaround - Use a 3rd party Player that has the ability to play/select just the forced parts (See end of post to see how I believe this is implemented)

MKV

1) Has been added in 1.0.6.7 Lossless Video/Audio :love:
Workaround - Use a 3rd party tool for full process.

2) Option to extract just the forced subtitle part of a track.

Workaround - use a 3rd party tool for full process (See end of post to see how I believe this is implemented)

3) Option to mark a track as default or forced.

Workaround - Edit MKV header after output with 3rd party tool.

4) Extract the AC3/DTS from TrueHD/DTS-HD tracks, without having to needlessly encode (the lossy track is already present)

Dreamland Suggestions (Things no other tool can do and probably aren't even possible)

Preview Player

1) Full Disc Playback, with option to see what track is actual being played (then mark that track for title selection)
Once this is implemented, also release it as Sly/ElbyPlayer for $100 lifetime so AnyDVD users can stop giving money each year to Cyberlink.

Regarding the forced subtitles playback/extraction suggestions (when it is contained/mixed in the full subtitle track)
This is how I believe (might be wrong) it is currently implemented in MPC-HC (for playback) and MakeMKV (for extraction):

MakeMKV creates a dummy 'forced' subtitle track for each subtitle track (without demuxing it can't tell if it really contains forced parts)
The user can then choose this dummy track, if selected, during processing MakeMKV then can see/find out if the track contains any forced parts and extracts/makes a track using them, if the track doesn't contain any forced parts, it tells you the track was "found to be empty" (proving it didn't really know beforehand and the listed track was a dummy)
MPC-HC (LAV) does the same thing and plays just the parts it sees as forced when it gets to them, again the track sometimes doesn't have any forced parts so nothing is shown (proving LAV doesn't know beforehand)

Edit: Picture of MakeMKV example (hopefully helps explain :D) During processing MakeMKV will remove the first dummy track (empty) and only the actual forced subtitle dummy track will remain.
Edit 2: new picture below (first labelled wrong)

MakeMKVSubFixed.png

Last edited:
With all the mess around Slysoft/RedFox etc. going on lately, it makes me worry about the development of CloneBD (and other products). (Is this fear justified?) Yet, I was wondering (and suggesting) if in the future there will be a option built in CloneBD that enables one to (quick/completely) erase BD-RE's. I now use Nero to do so, but I have always wondered why this option wasn't included in CloneBD and CloneDVD. I would appreciate it if I do not get answers like: "Why would you want that option? You can just simply overwrite the BD-RE!", or something like that, because that does not really answer my question.

Free programs like ImgBurn do that also. CloneBD is an Elaborate Bytes product and is not illegal anyplace in the world. What happened to Slysoft is a different story.

Preview Player

1) Full Disc Playback, with option to see what track is actual being played (then mark that track for title selection)
Once this is implemented, also release it as Sly/ElbyPlayer for $100 lifetime so AnyDVD users can stop giving money each year to Cyberlink.

CloneBD already has this.

Any future plans on any of the above?
Specifically the option to fully remove the silly/ugly top menu (comparable forced subtitle support/playback would be nice too :) )
Would really love to not have to use BDEdit on every partial copy to get rid of it.

Back