• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lifetime License my butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still buy music on CDs regularly. And even some things on vinyl.
I never purchase digital downloads . I make my own portable files to my specifications not some CEO's.
Physical media will ONLY DIE if YOU let it.

Last edited:
Physical media is on the way out that's for sure. However it's the earlier release dates given to physical media is what is keeping it alive.... that and maybe crappy internet speeds. The only reason I still use physical media is because I can watch a movie sooner, and with little compression.

Physical media will be here for some years to come. I admit that it will slowly die, but very slowly. Those that believe physical media will die soon are those that do not see outside their super high speed internet bubble and their ability to afford it as well. In rural areas, high speed internet is either not available or just too expensive for HD video streaming. Even when there is high speed internet it rarely supports streaming HD video in rural areas. Until HS unlimited internet is as common and as cheap as wireless phone service the physical disk will live on. Just my 2 cents.

Its not a misunderstanding. Slysoft went out of business. The developers took over so there would be something left and we started a project. This is not a company. Slysoft is dead and gone. So if you want to continue to receive updates you have to buy a Redfox license. Otherwise you can continue to use up to V7.6.9.5 for older movies and not be connected to the Online Data base. If you would like to buy a license, please go to our purchase page. Slysofts lifetime ended. and with that so did your Slysoft license. Join us in this project. Be happy. I think everyone know this already, its been since last February.

And that's "customer service" folks. :-o

And that's "customer service" folks. :-o
Yes, thats about it. Join us in our quest to keep AnyDVDHD alive for many years to come. Our customer service is excellent. Are you referring to Slysoft, the company that went out of business, if Redfoxs developers had not picked up where they left off, you would have nothing, now at least you have a chance to continue using AnyDVDHD. By the way you can still use V7.6.9.5 forever if you had a lifetime license. But you will not be able to decrypt the new discs after Feb of 2016. You will not have access to the Online Data Base. Its up to you. Have a great New Year.

Yes, thats about it. Join us in our quest to keep AnyDVDHD alive for many years to come. Our customer service is excellent. Are you referring to Slysoft, the company that went out of business, if Redfoxs developers had not picked up where they left off, you would have nothing, now at least you have a chance to continue using AnyDVDHD. By the way you can still use V7.6.9.5 forever if you had a lifetime license. But you will not be able to decrypt the new discs after Feb of 2016. You will not have access to the Online Data Base. Its up to you. Have a great New Year.

Hi Red Fox - I am impressed with the conversion from old to new in terms of the 7.6.9.5 but I'm afraid the pricing is vastly expensive for something that people already feel like they've purchased before.

I understand that this isn't SlySoft, but then the product should've been rebranded and dubbed as an alternative so people don't feel like they're buying 'another' LTL for the same software.

Happy New Year to you too!

Hi Red Fox - I am impressed with the conversion from old to new in terms of the 7.6.9.5 but I'm afraid the pricing is vastly expensive for something that people already feel like they've purchased before.

I understand that this isn't SlySoft, but then the product should've been rebranded and dubbed as an alternative so people don't feel like they're buying 'another' LTL for the same software.

Happy New Year to you too!
If you change you mind contact me and I will help you in anyway I can, I obviously cannot change the pricing, but we have 20% discounts on holidays, and another 10% off for buying with Bitcoin. Please understand this was hard for everyone involved.

This is in reply to the thread that got locked but, it works here too:

Regardless of what's happened before or since you don't yell at your (potential) customers and insinuate they're stupid because they're complaining. Period. I've been in the retail world all my working life and I can guarantee you that's a terrible business model. What I would do is actually listen to my customers and try to figure out a way to make people happy, not piss them off further by looking down my nose at them. Just a clue for the company and the messenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, hmm, I have downloaded the latest version of AnyDVD and it has a digital signature of Slysoft Inc. as of Dec 26th 2016 6:03 pm, which is, well, some kind of disturbing as this company is out of business. This seems to be some kind of strange, looks like: hey, cool, just get rid of those customers from "Slysoft" with a lifetime and let them pay again. This product doesn't look like redfox, otherwise you would have your own digital signature in the software. Anyways, it is obvious to everyone what you're doing here to the customers from this no longer existing company with a totally different staff than redfox has. My license is from 10/14 and it didn't even live 2 years...short life.

To my question: How long will my Lifetime License live this time, if I buy one? Serious question and I would like to believe you're at least trying to give me an answer that's not...sorry, had to stop writing as my butt hurts a lot.

They are in the process of getting a digital signature. Such a thing is not easy to get for outlaws like RedFox. Now, RedFox has no control over how long your slysoft license lasted. If your wish to blame someone, blame the aacs-la for shutting slysoft down and taking your license down in the process. That don't it that users want to make backups of their legally purchased discs.

Nobody can predict the future how long licenses will last. We all hope they last as long (or longer) that slysoft did (10+ y). Now, obviously they have measures in place to hold of such a possible event as long as possible. No we're not going to tell you what they are, add that would defeat their purpose.

The sector RedFox (and all decryption tool developers) operate in is a dangerous one and comes with the inherit danger of getting shut down. Slysoft wasn't the only one that lost everything or something.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

@Ch3vr0n
Well, thanks for your comment, I have read the thread and know your points. I would have loved to see you not commenting my post as you don't work redfox (how could you? It's not a company) and you are repeating yourself. You should read carefully: I didn't blame anyone for shutting down Slysoft, please read again. This works perfectly as a personal rule: read, consider, think, comment. Did I blame redfox for the less than two years of my license? No, I didn't...read again, sit down and reconsider your passive-aggressive attitude :)

Well, you are a mod so it is up to you to comment on whatever and I understand I would have to be more precise. It is just a little bothering that you really think that people are so stupid to follow your arguments by 100% if you only repeat yourself often enough. A company needs to make money to survive, I get it, but on the other hand you are telling people that redfox isn't a company. If this burns a little it's fine.

My question goes to the not existing company redfox with non existing employees that are not receiving any money to make a living or buying nice things from the money generated by the website. I understand that the money goes directly to no one and is there only to cover cost. This "project" is some people's hobby. So I don't get it why "the project" again needs the full price from lifetimers.

So again to the emplo...hobby programmers of the project (not you, Ch3vr0n):
How long will my Lifetime License live this time, if I buy one? So if your answer isn't at least 3 years I'm asking myself, why you offer the Lifetime with a premium on the 3 years license?

Cheers,

(and btw, I really consider buying a new license, maybe with a discount, but please don't tell people you aren't releasing this software for the money, no matter if you have an address, a ceo or whatever ^^ )

@Ch3vr0n: no need to defend the project with an answer, I got it :)

yes i am indeed repeating myself, because you're repeating questions that already got asked and answered before. I also didn't say you blamed anyone, i said if you want to blame someone, blame the aacs-la. Please read again. You don't have to be more precise because there's nothing else that can be said. It's not a hobby, it's a full time job for multiple people. Several of which lost theirs when slysoft got shut down and didnt join into redfox.

The current staff can't predict how long your license will last any more than you or I can. They don't have a crystal ball nor can they predict when the MPAA / AACS-LA will start to target redfox. Redfox could get shutdown tomorrow, it could get shut down in 6 months, 5 years, or never. Nobody knows.

I'm not defending anyone. Simply answering questions yet again, that got asked yet again.

Yeah, yeah, whatever, you're not working for the non existing company so I don't really care what you are saying. If you insist on not working for them (signature), I assume (sic!) you cannot speak for them. I would love to hear from the staff, not from the bouncer of the club. If they are not replying I have to deal with it, but I'm not satisfied with the opinion of a mod with a funny attitude :)

Still hoping for an answer from someone who works for redfox so I can decide to buy a lifetime or a limited-update-time license.

I'm not the bouncer, nor can i help it you don't like the only answers possible. Yeah i don't work for them, but i do have DIRECT LINES to the staff. I'm pretty damn sure, if @Ivan or @Pete were to respond they'll say exactly the same thing "We don't know how long redfox or your license will last. We don't have a crystal ball."

Yeah, yeah, whatever, I will wait and see. Maybe, they have have time, if not, it is ok for me.

Cheers

Tzunami you're being an arrogant dick. Ch3vr0n is one of the most knowledgeable people on the forums outside of the people who directly work on the Redfox project. Your questions have also been answered many times before in many other topics.

You could buy a lifetime licence today and Redfox could disappear tomorrow, or it could last for the next two decades. Why would you think anyone working on the project could give you any kind of specific guarantee?

Lifetime licences were offered because of user demand.

Also, if you only want a reply for someone who directly works on the project, why ask on the forums? Why not just email them directly? Do you understand what forums are for?

Tzunami you're being an arrogant dick. Ch3vr0n is one of the most knowledgeable people on the forums outside of the people who directly work on the Redfox project. Your questions have also been answered many times before in many other topics.

You could buy a lifetime licence today and Redfox could disappear tomorrow, or it could last for the next two decades. Why would you think anyone working on the project could give you any kind of specific guarantee?

Lifetime licences were offered because of user demand.

Also, if you only want a reply for someone who directly works on the project, why ask on the forums? Why not just email them directly? Do you understand what forums are for?
JTI,Obviously he doesn't!!!

yes i am indeed repeating myself, because you're repeating questions that already got asked and answered before. I also didn't say you blamed anyone, i said if you want to blame someone, blame the aacs-la. Please read again. You don't have to be more precise because there's nothing else that can be said. It's not a hobby, it's a full time job for multiple people. Several of which lost theirs when slysoft got shut down and didnt join into redfox.

The current staff can't predict how long your license will last any more than you or I can. They don't have a crystal ball nor can they predict when the MPAA / AACS-LA will start to target redfox. Redfox could get shutdown tomorrow, it could get shut down in 6 months, 5 years, or never. Nobody knows.

I'm not defending anyone. Simply answering questions yet again, that got asked yet again.

Why don't we stop this discussion. I haven't paid for a company, project of what else. I have paid for a product 'AnyDvd HD'! I owned a lifetime license SlySoft but after SlySoft closed I was very happy I could renew my lifetime license with RedFox. The delivered service to solve disc with ripping problems is perfect. Within a day they solve your problem (my experience with software companies is weeks, months or no solution at all!!). It's the money worth more than that. And about guarantees; who can guarantee that I will be a life tomorrow? Nothing is for sure even that. Go on RedFox!

Glad you're happy with RedFox @SW_54. There are indeed no guarantees in life, for all anyone knows, they could die tomorrow. He has his answer, whether he wants to accept it or not is up to him. Waiting on a redfox rep won't make any difference in the answer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

From a business law perspective a lifetime license regards the product, not the company or the individual. That is moot though, because they have positioned themselves in what appears to be Brazil? The ethical thing to do is to grandfather Slysoft lifetime members in with this new company - or discontinue production entirely.

The more interesting point is actually made by JT!:

"But what would you have done in their situation? They worked for a company, got paid by their boss. And then one day it all fell apart. They got given right to the software etc.
95% of the people who've bought a new licence were slysoft customers. If they honored slysoft licences they would literally have no income to continue on."

If this is indeed the case, which I believe it to be. How long do you believe RedFox will continue to be a company, if they are only able to acquire 5% new business. It would seem they will need to make a new company soon enough named BlueCow, nullifying the promises they made to both SlySoft customers and RedFox customers.

Just curious, what percent of that 95% were lifetime license holders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back