• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is there a discounted migration offer for users of old SlySoft licenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Fish

Hi there

Please be so kind as to excuse me for asking this question as I had been offline for a while and it might have been asked before by someone else. I went on a sabbatical shortly after SlySoft shut down a few months ago. Before that I ran the good old AnyDVD HD lifetime license from SlySoft for quite a while and was rather happy with it. A shame what happened to the company.

As I powered up my PC again last week I am now planning on updating my meanwhile unserviceable old license to a new RedFox license. Doing so I was just wondering if there is something like a special migration discount for loyal customers (or whatever you call it). You know what I mean.

Looking forward to hearing from you, best regards,
Oliver

No. There was one from may to July when redfox first launched with several options depending on how 'old' the license was. Since then there have been at least 2 or 3 more 'standard' 20% off ones with the last one ending on cyber Monday this week. Unfortunately there will be no more 'special discounts', just the occasional standard ones.

If you'd still like to get a redfox license you have a few options.

- buy at full price with visa
- get 10% off if you pay with bitcoin
- file a support ticket, explain the situation (point them to this topic) and that you missed the last discount by a couple days. If the message is nice enough, maybe they'll give you a coupon for 20% off. No promises though.

Thanks a lot Ch3vr0n ... what a pity that I missed the Cyber Monday offer ... :/

There should be an ongoing discount for people who bought a lifetime AnyDVD license. I know it's a "different" company but, it's mostly the same people that wouldn't be drawing a check today if it weren't for supporters, especially lifetime purchasers, of AnyDVD.

Great first post, eh? :D

It's not a different company. Redfox isn't a company at all. It's a closed source project. And no, there shouldn't be a permanent discount. That has been discussed, grinded and beaten to death month's ago. It's just not a viable option. Lifetime licenses are actually a BAD IDEA to sell. You pay them once, then no more development income EVER for redfox. But they HAVE to supply you with updates. In the long run the customer gets the better deal because of lot's of updates for a cheap price, but redfox gets "screwed" because they get no more income to further fund development.

Ch3vr0n, looking around I see that the subject has been beaten to death so I'll just say this: I definitely agree that it was a bad idea but, not from their perspective. ;) Live and learn I guess.

I'll stick with MakeMKV for my BR rips until whoever breaks 4k.

That won't happen, they may have succeeded to protect 4K BD. There's no-one left with the resources to crack it. Mind you, with the mainstream switch to streaming I doubt disks will last many more years and may go the way of the VHS tape. In the UK there is only Amazon who still rent physical disks although they must still be selling loads.

Says who? James said a while ago he'd look into it. It's just not easy to do with no official documentation or 4k software player. Now that cyberlink will be releasing one, things COULD change very quickly on the aacs 2.0 front.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Hi there

Please be so kind as to excuse me for asking this question as I had been offline for a while and it might have been asked before by someone else. I went on a sabbatical shortly after SlySoft shut down a few months ago. Before that I ran the good old AnyDVD HD lifetime license from SlySoft for quite a while and was rather happy with it. A shame what happened to the company.

As I powered up my PC again last week I am now planning on updating my meanwhile unserviceable old license to a new RedFox license. Doing so I was just wondering if there is something like a special migration discount for loyal customers (or whatever you call it). You know what I mean.

Looking forward to hearing from you, best regards,
Oliver
It would Not Hurt to contact support here:
https://www.redfox.bz/support.html
and write them a nice request for a previous owner of LTL discount.
You never know they might email you a code. Has happened before.
But whether or not they do there's a 20% Discount now!
From The RedFox Main Page:

RedFox is offering a discount of 20% on all products, valid until Monday, January 2, 2017.
https://www.redfox.bz/purchase.html

And if you were entertaining ever purchasing CloneBD or CloneDVD there is also a 20% Discount over there too!
https://www.elby.ch/purchase.html

Last edited:
Thanks ... I purchased a new lifetime license in the meantime which works just as good as my old SlySoft one ... :)

Welcome to the club :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

There should be an ongoing discount for people who bought a lifetime AnyDVD license. I know it's a "different" company but, it's mostly the same people that wouldn't be drawing a check today if it weren't for supporters, especially lifetime purchasers, of AnyDVD.

That was the plan originally, to have a discount for VERIFIED SlySoft license holders.

Two things happened to make that almost impossible:
  1. The old SlySoft License-holder Database was not complete, according to comments made by more than one RedFox staff person. Now, would you have been happy to have been one of the SlySoft license holders not listed in the database? No discount for you!
  2. The number of people getting the "I just bought a license" discount nearly overwhelmed the support staff, and that was a very small number of people. Even if RedFox had the complete SlySoft License database the number of people who had SlySoft licenses would have quite a number of prior license holder still waiting for their expected discount.
At the time RedFox opened for business there was a discount. A discount more than a few people were happy with simply because it was a Lifetime license. Since February RedFox has had several discount promotions.

Your suggestion has been debated before, almost ENDLESSLY.

The demise of SlySoft sucked, big time. The resurrection of AnyDVD with RedFox nearly didn't happen.

As much as I didn't like having to buy a new lifetime license, given the rotten circumstances it was either put up the money or no longer get any updates.

I bought two RedFox AnyDVD licenses, and haven't regretted making that purchase.

While it was not required I also purchased lifetime licenses for the other RedFox products. I really like having an up-to-date software package.

Great first post, eh? :D
NO!

That was the plan originally, to have a discount for VERIFIED SlySoft license holders.

Two things happened to make that almost impossible:
  1. The old SlySoft License-holder Database was not complete, according to comments made by more than one RedFox staff person. Now, would you have been happy to have been one of the SlySoft license holders not listed in the database? No discount for you!
  2. The number of people getting the "I just bought a license" discount nearly overwhelmed the support staff, and that was a very small number of people. Even if RedFox had the complete SlySoft License database the number of people who had SlySoft licenses would have quite a number of prior license holder still waiting for their expected discount.
At the time RedFox opened for business there was a discount. A discount more than a few people were happy with simply because it was a Lifetime license. Since February RedFox has had several discount promotions.

Your suggestion has been debated before, almost ENDLESSLY.

The demise of SlySoft sucked, big time. The resurrection of AnyDVD with RedFox nearly didn't happen.

As much as I didn't like having to buy a new lifetime license, given the rotten circumstances it was either put up the money or no longer get any updates.

I bought two RedFox AnyDVD licenses, and haven't regretted making that purchase.

While it was not required I also purchased lifetime licenses for the other RedFox products. I really like having an up-to-date software package.
I'll add I got two license Lifetime from RedFox and might go a third Lifetime too next year if my financials are in the good. Even if they didn't give up the Lifetime like alot asked I would've still pony up the funds for it cause I use it alot and it is worth the money it is printed on. Users just need to know there is nothing like it our there and never will be should RedFox hands be forced and they should really think hard about it. Life isn't fair especially for the little guy whom seems to get screwed over everytime regardless whom is in power.

purchased a lifetime license in 2013. my use died down since initially it was for a small project. recently, i have the need to use it again. low and behold, i discover the dilemma that all lifetime anydvd hd license holders experienced. feel like i lost out on money - can't remember what the pricing would have been for three years.

so the software worked well when i used it. my only worry is if i purchase a similar license with red fox, a similar thing will happen again. so there's no guarantee that it won't.

and it looked like i missed the boat for the 'migration' discount.

why continue to offer the lifetime license if its not in the project's best interest? (serious question)

for dooters and giggles, i dug up the original email receipt for the lifetime purchase:

Qty Item Price Tax Total
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1 AnyDVDHD (lifetime) 119.00 0.00 119.00 EUR
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 119.00 EUR
You have been billed: 155.37 USD
=====================================================================

that smarts.

Last edited:
and it looked like i missed the boat for the 'migration' discount.

You would have only ever been entitled to the 20% off which is currently still running right now (until the 9th). Extra 10% if you pay with bitcoin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back