• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip To Image

I usually use AnyDVD to unlock a DVD and then I copy the files (actually the whole VIDEO_TS folder) to a blank to make a backup. In a few cases, that folder will contain a whole lot of false files which bloats the copy beyond a single or dual layer disc capacity and makes my method impossible. In those cases, I've used the rip-to-iso, and then burned the iso to disc (imgburn for the latter) and have gotten a good backup. That might be a reason to retain rip to iso for DVDs.

Is there any other method to get around this list obfuscation issue that just uses AnyDVD and a burn program that I'm missing?

Yeah, rip to folder. Which is what your supposed to do. What you're describing is the disc having "structural protection", which anydvd strips away during ripping to folder. When you simply use windows explorer to copy the video_ts folder those files become real. Windows doesn't know they're fake ones that don't really exist. Windows sees a file, so it copies it and the folder becomes 10x larger. That right there is precisely why you SHOULDN'T rip to ISO. With ISO ripping the structural protection is still present in the iso, which can cause playback issues when burned back to disc. You're saying they should keep iso for DVD's for the exact reason you shouldn't use it for.

Rip to folder = no more fake titles. Burn Video_TS folder, all done and you've got a CLEAN backup. If you want a clean DVD iso, use CloneDVD's iso making function. It strips away the fake titles AND creates an iso. The right way.

Yeah, rip to folder. Which is what your supposed to do. What you're describing is the disc having "structural protection", which anydvd strips away during ripping to folder. When you simply use windows explorer to copy the video_ts folder those files become real. Windows doesn't know they're fake ones that don't really exist. Windows sees a file, so it copies it and the folder becomes 10x larger. That right there is precisely why you SHOULDN'T rip to ISO. With ISO ripping the structural protection is still present in the iso, which can cause playback issues when burned back to disc. You're saying they should keep iso for DVD's for the exact reason you shouldn't use it for.

Rip to folder = no more fake titles. Burn Video_TS folder, all done and you've got a CLEAN backup. If you want a clean DVD iso, use CloneDVD's iso making function. It strips away the fake titles AND creates an iso. The right way.
This is the clearest explanation ever provided of the differences in the 2 features. Well done sir.

Ok, I understand. In future I will need to RIP to folders. Thanks.
No you don't need to rip to Folder if you prefer ISO files. Just use CloneDVD clone disc option. Should have everything preselected including the keep the menu tick box . Then select DL for the output size (no compression) and save to image when it gives the selections of ISO, Folder, or Write To Disk.
But that's really only nessecery for the structural protected disc's.
If no structural is found I just use CloneCD "Read To Image" feature and save as a image file by using the drop down under the file name your choosing. And not a CloneCD Control file. By selecting the browse button when it asks where to save the iso .
Both of those are easier than I probably make it sound though. Once you've done it a couple of times.

I usually use AnyDVD to unlock a DVD and then I copy the files (actually the whole VIDEO_TS folder) to a blank to make a backup. In a few cases, that folder will contain a whole lot of false files which bloats the copy beyond a single or dual layer disc capacity and makes my method impossible. In those cases, I've used the rip-to-iso, and then burned the iso to disc (imgburn for the latter) and have gotten a good backup. That might be a reason to retain rip to iso for DVDs.

Is there any other method to get around this list obfuscation issue that just uses AnyDVD and a burn program that I'm missing?
Yea CloneDVD.
And use that as your ripping program.
Just insert the disc and let AnyDVDHD scan and do it's magic. Then select that drive (the one that contains the disc that now appears decrypted to anything accessing it ) in CloneDVD for your source.
That is what On-the-fly means and makes using the RedFox/Elby Suite of tools fairly simple.
Try it out. Has a 21 day trial.
https://www.redfox.bz/download/SetupCloneDVD.exe

Disclaimer:
CloneDVD and CloneBD can only be purchased from Elaborate Bytes Store at this time.
https://www.elby.ch/purchase.html

And they happen to have a 20% discount right now until January 2 2017.

then you're ripping to ISO image, not folder. Which you SHOULDNT be doing. You either rip to folder, or iso. There's no such thing as a "folder iso".

Due to the total absence of punctuation, I gave up trying to decipher any reliable meaning from those 2 posts of his.
-W

Yeah, rip to folder. Which is what your supposed to do.............................................................. no more fake titles. Burn Video_TS folder, all done and you've got a CLEAN backup. If you want a clean DVD iso, use CloneDVD's iso making function. It strips away the fake titles AND creates an iso. The right way.

Thank's for that Ch3vrOn. That makes sense.

You're right - no need for the iso rip for DVDs.

Back