• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Supervention II (2016) Nordic Blu-ray Screenpass

s-bat

Issue with screenpass creating oversize reading of the disc.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.7.2_Info_V_SUPERVENTION II.ziplog
    2 MB · Views: 6
Issue with screenpass creating oversize reading of the disc.
Can you please crate another log file and post it again? (It will have additional information)
Thanks.

Can you please crate another log file and post it again? (It will have additional information)
Thanks.

No problem. Just let me know if you need anything. Read it to ISO for faster further trials.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.7.2_Info_Q_SUPERVENTION II.ziplog
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
No problem. Just let me know if you need anything. Read it to ISO for faster further trials.
Ok, thanks, all done, should be ok now.

Ok, thanks, all done, should be ok now.

Unfortunately no luck over here. At 36% reading 75GB size. Tried reading another new UK disc Total size: 19474720 sectors (38036 MBytes) and it was fine with no issues so should not be drive problem at mine end.

How does screen-pass create a larger disc? That doesn't make sense as you should be just copying files off the disc as is, the playlist should only effect the order the files are played back in.

That's what I have wondered too? But there's been multiple such reports. I can't see any way screenpass itself could result in oversize.

That's what I have wondered too? But there's been multiple such reports. I can't see any way screenpass itself could result in oversize.

I am totally new to this so may be all wrong. The little I read about screen pass, a fake playlist can contain repeats of segments. That would cause a longer playtime and result?

No. A playlist only contains REFERENCES to the video segments, that's it. There is no actual duplicate video content on the disc. It a fake playlist, it just tells the player 'play clip xxx twice'.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Unfortunately no luck over here. At 36% reading 75GB size. Tried reading another new UK disc Total size: 19474720 sectors (38036 MBytes) and it was fine with no issues so should not be drive problem at mine end.

That's nothing to worry about.
That Screen Pass protection placed a number of files, that are all physically overlapping into the subdirectories of the JAR folder. When copying to a folder, these files will all be treated as individual files and this increases the size.
You can safely delete everything in the JAR folder (this disc doesn't need it), then you're back to normal size.

No. A playlist only contains REFERENCES to the video segments, that's it. There is no actual duplicate video content on the disc. It a fake playlist, it just tells the player 'play clip xxx twice'.

If the software that copies/encodes the data doesn't keep the same structure it will end up bigger. Say you copy to a different format, you cannot then have references to repeat segments unless that format supports it or it recreated properly. I am just this is one scenario where I can see a file getting bigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's not the same as what's happening here. He's trying to copy the disc structure to a folder, not trying to encode the movie out to a different format

If the software that copies/encodes the data doesn't keep the same structure it will end up bigger.
I already explained, why it gets bigger. I wasn't guessing, that really is the reason ;)

@skurko True but you're mixing up protections. Screenpass playlist REFERENCE in the playlist to play a clip multiple times that only physically exists on the disc ONCE. What seems to be happening here is certain files that are overlapping the same sector (which afaik isn't really possible) and doing this artificially. Seems to me this new "protection" is similar to structural protection on DVD's. That protection makes DVD's look like they're 30+GB in size too, which simply is impossible. This new mechanic seems to be a blu-ray "spin" on that.

What seems to be happening here is certain files that are overlapping the same sector (which afaik isn't really possible)
It's actually an explicit feature of UDF, that is also used for 3D discs (ssif overlapping m2ts), which is why a simple copy of a 3D disc to folders will also yield a 70+ GB file set.

@Pete yeah but the ssif file itself doesn't actually exist until you rip to folders. Which seems to be what's happening here. If user were to rip to ISO (as is recommended anyway, especially for 3D titles), would the problem in this case exist (and cause cloning problems) or would the size be correct?

If user were to rip to ISO (as is recommended anyway, especially for 3D titles), would the problem in this case exist (and cause cloning problems) or would the size be correct?

Then the size would be correct.

Thanks, works now (ripping to correct size). Only thing is that this has obscure playlist meening I still need to find the proper one :banghead: .As I read my discs to ISO only if they are 3D one quick fix would be new feature even if it would be hidden in settings; drop/ignore read/write JAR folder as it can take some hours to rip from disc. Even reading from unprotected ISO takes quite some time and uses loads of storage space.

Your issue is another example as to why it is recommended to ALWAYS rip a Blu-ray to iso. The disc would simply have ripped to the correct size (regardless of the presence of screenpass).

Back