• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Geeting Started With AnyDvd

Darren Jarvis

Hi, Ok so i got the redfox anydvd v8.0.7.0 lifetime liscense etc...

havent changed any of the default program settings (for blu ray), are there any recommended ones?

I know that if i either rip to .iso or Hdd it just dumps entire disc, ready for makemkv, or whatever,
if i come accross a BD thats got screenpass thats new, i can logfiles etc and post em on here.

does that mean i have to re-rip to iso or hdd? or am i presented with proper playlists?,

would it not make sense to have anydvd check the OPD before ripping?, or am i missing something?

cheers.

I just had a recent question related to this.

It seems that if you're connected to the internet, all is well and AnyDVD HD automatically queries the OPD to get the appropriate playlist. The only time there are issues are with discs employing playlist obfuscation (screenpass) when no internet connection is available and these won't rip properly. In my case, without a connection, AnyDVD HD would do its thing without any obvious warning and I got a bad rip. Now I check the AnyDVD HD info pop-up and try to have an internet connection when doing a rip on a new release.

Yeah I have it connected to the internet.. Would seem to make sense something as simple as a green light when Disc is in the OPD..

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

havent changed any of the default program settings (for blu ray), are there any recommended ones?
does that mean i have to re-rip to iso or hdd? or am i presented with proper playlists?,
would it not make sense to have anydvd check the OPD before ripping?, or am i missing something?

Default settings are fine. AnyDVD always checks the OPD when scanning.

For AACS and BD+ discs AnyDVD will warn you if there are any errors while scanning, if there are no errors then those protections have been removed fine and nothing to worry about.

The problem is Screen Pass discs - AnyDVD is unable to tell if the disc has Screen Pass protection, unless it has already been reported and fixed in the OPD.
So if you have a new Screen Pass disc/variant, AnyDVD won't show any errors and everything will appear fine.

The only way is to test/watch the disc before you rip or rip to a protected ISO image.

Quick/easy steps you can use to test:

1. Let AnyDVD scan the disc - Check the status window, if a playlist is listed then it has Screen Pass, 99% of the time the disc has been fixed fully.

2. If no playlist is shown, then next play the disc in software like MPC-HC, look at the list of playlists in MPC-HC, if there are lot's (20+) with similar lengths, then most likely the disc has Screen Pass. Create a logfile and post it on the forum to be fixed.

3. If you don't see lot's of playlists in MPC-HC, then open the disc in proper playback software like PowerDVD. Let the disc load to the menu, then start the movie. Check everything loads/starts and you get no black screens. If you get a black screen or any type of copy protection message, the disc has Screen Pass. Create a logfile and post it on the forum to be fixed.

If you go through those steps and you don't see multiple (20+) same length playlists in MPC-HC and you don't get any black/copy protected screens when loading/starting in PowerDVD then the disc probably doesn't have Screen Pass.

Cheers, yeah the 1st disc went to try was Star Trek tng BD season 5 d2...
Made a logfile checked in there and 1 of the logs says 'screenpass =0'
So that gives me a head start just making a lot for the sake of 30secs...

Cheers, yeah the 1st disc went to try was Star Trek tng BD season 5 d2...
Made a logfile checked in there and 1 of the logs says 'screenpass =0'
So that gives me a head start just making a lot for the sake of 30secs...

Unfortunately that won't be accurate. As I said AnyDVD can't always tell if the disc has Screen Pass if it hasn't been reported before.
So sometimes a new unknown/unfixed Screen Pass disc will also show 'screenpass =0'

Unfortunately that won't be accurate. As I said AnyDVD can't tell if the disc has Screen Pass if it hasn't been reported before.
So a new unknown/unfixed Screen Pass disc will also show 'screenpass =0'
OK..so to be sure..its a lot easier just to create a log and post it anyways, just incase not already covered

Back