• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Do I need the OPD for really old disks?

willemhh

Hi guys

I know I'm not strictly a Redfox customer, since I still run AnyDVD HD 7.9.5.0, on a licence which I bought November 2015. But so far it's solved all my Bluray decryption problems and I figured, why pay again if the old disks still work. I haven't bought any really recent disks anyway.

But today I bought an old disk of Pulp Fiction, the UK edition from 2011. (I also bought two other disks from the same year today, they work just fine with AnyDVD!)

So, now I get the error 12007 'cannot connect to OPD'. But does this really mean that this 5 year old disk cannot be decyphered by my AnyDVD from early 2016?

I put the log in the attachment, not sure if it's needed. It can't really be that such a mainstream movie with an ancient disk isn't in the 'offline' database, right? Or do I really misunderstand this programme?

I'll buy the new Redfox edition eventually, but since I'm a Mastercard user, I first gotta figure out how to do so, and I don't think that will be today. Probably when I'll buy a new bluray that's too new for my old AnyDVD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_G_PULP_FICTION.ziplog
    302.6 KB · Views: 10
Hi guys

I know I'm not strictly a Redfox customer, since I still run AnyDVD HD 7.9.5.0, on a licence which I bought November 2015. But so far it's solved all my Bluray decryption problems and I figured, why pay again if the old disks still work. I haven't bought any really recent disks anyway.

But today I bought an old disk of Pulp Fiction, the UK edition from 2011. (I also bought two other disks from the same year today, they work just fine with AnyDVD!)

So, now I get the error 12007 'cannot connect to OPD'. But does this really mean that this 5 year old disk cannot be decyphered by my AnyDVD from early 2016?

I put the log in the attachment, not sure if it's needed. It can't really be that such a mainstream movie with an ancient disk isn't in the 'offline' database, right? Or do I really misunderstand this programme?

I'll buy the new Redfox edition eventually, but since I'm a Mastercard user, I first gotta figure out how to do so, and I don't think that will be today. Probably when I'll buy a new bluray that's too new for my old AnyDVD.
It is a little surprising, but this particular disc seems to be missing from the internal database of 7.9.5.0.

It is a little surprising, but this particular disc seems to be missing from the internal database of 7.9.5.0.

Perhaps for an instance like this, or others that could be similar, an update to 7.9.5.1??? Not sure how easy would be to do....just an idea for the sake of "completeness"

there is no version 7.9.x. James made a typo. The last slysof internal OPD version was 7.6.9.5

Back