• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Now You See Me 2 issue

Crower

I recently purchased a copy of Now You See Me 2 and made a backup copy which I took with me on a trip to my vacation residence. When I viewed it on my stand-alone player (Panasonic BDT100), a copy protection message popped up about 10 minutes in. It wasn't Cinavia since I could still hear the audio and I could skip the message (also, my player is Cinavia free), but that left me at a point only about 30 minutes from the end of the feature (which played fine without any further interruption).

I was under the impression that making a 1:1 copy from an AnyDVD HD created ISO (using ImgBurn) creates a nearly identical copy to the original and circumvents any copy protections (such as screen pass). Is this just a case of doing the backup before that title was resolved in the SlySoft database or is there something else I need to do to get a usable backup? I can provide additional info if needed.

IMGBurn does make a perfect copy, provided the screenpass is correctly handled. By your description, it wasn't. Meaning yes, it likely was the case of you making a decrypted rip BEFORE that title was correctly handled through the OPD. As such screenpass kicked in and picked the wrong playlist (with that copyright message). A usuable backup, only 1 fix. Re-rip the original disc, no way around that. Once the decryption has been done, and done incorrectly, the damage is done and cannot be reversed.

If by some reason, after you insert the original again, anydvd still does NOT mention a playlist, you'll need to provide a logfile.

A usuable backup, only 1 fix. Re-rip the original disc, no way around that. Once the decryption has been done, and done incorrectly, the damage is done and cannot be reversed.

Understood - I'll try re-ripping the disc to see if I can get a proper backup.

If by some reason, after you insert the original again, anydvd still does NOT mention a playlist, you'll need to provide a logfile.

Not sure about your statement. Where should I look for AnyDVD to mention a playlist (I'm right clicking the fox to get the pop-up listing rip to Image which just goes to the dialog box for copying) and if NOT mentioning a playlist is a bad omen, it worries me because I don't believe a playlist has ever been mentioned by AnyDVD for any discs I've ripped. Is this an extra step I should go through when ripping? Note, "Now I See You 2" is a Lionsgate disc which I recall has a reputation.

Where? The status window as always :)
Pardon my dumbness, but explain further. Where do I look for the "status window"? Does that come up when click on the main SlyFox icon? I don't usually do that and just right click the sys tray icon and proceed from there.
If I need to open the main program to see the status window, I'll start doing that as part of the rip process.

Left click on the the system tray icon (or double click the main desktop icon). The status window is the thing where the discs info is posted. eg disc info, protections removed... if a playlist is mentioned for BD+ discs like that one. You should be all set :)

Left click on the the system tray icon (or double click the main desktop icon). The status window is the thing where the discs info is posted. eg disc info, protections removed... if a playlist is mentioned for BD+ discs like that one. You should be all set :)

Thanks Ch3vrOn. I'll check out the original as soon as I get home and see what the info shows. I can't remember what version of AnyDVD I used for the rip but it was about one version back.

What is the significance of a playlist showing? Does that mean the disc is in the OPD? If that's the case, I would assume its not showing means it's not in the OPD and hence the need for the log file. Am I correct?

If the playlist is mentioned then yes it's in the OPD and playback SHOULD work correctly. If it's not shown there's 2 options. You'll only see something like BD-J removed, Screenpass protection and not in the OPD > logfile required OR the disc simply does NOT have screenpass.

You assume wrong. Playlists are only mentioned for discs with screenpass/playlist obfuscation.

If the playlist is mentioned then yes it's in the OPD and playback SHOULD work correctly. If it's not shown there's 2 options. You'll only see something like BD-J removed, Screenpass protection and not in the OPD > logfile required OR the disc simply does NOT have screenpass.

You assume wrong. Playlists are only mentioned for discs with screenpass/playlist obfuscation.

Thank's again for that Ch3vrOn. I can't wrap my head around this screenpass/playlist obfuscation thing. I'll report back what I find when I get to try that disc again in a couple of days.

think of it as a more complicated structural protection for DVD's. While that thing reports fake titles for DVD's and complicates ripping, screenpass does that for Blu-ray. Fake playlists that if screenpass is not correctly removed, have the "play movie" in the menu point to a random incorrect one with various consequences. From black screen and not playing, over a copyright message to scrambled scenes.

The logfile lets the developers determine the likely correct one, and add that info to the OPD. AnyDVD then contacts the OPD to request the info, and properly decrypts screenpass, and playback is peechy :)

think of it as a more complicated structural protection for DVD's. While that thing reports fake titles for DVD's and complicates ripping, screenpass does that for Blu-ray. Fake playlists that if screenpass is not correctly removed, have the "play movie" in the menu point to a random incorrect one with various consequences. From black screen and not playing, over a copyright message to scrambled scenes.

The logfile lets the developers determine the likely correct one, and add that info to the OPD. AnyDVD then contacts the OPD to request the info, and properly decrypts screenpass, and playback is peechy :)

I returned home and this time I tried playing my original disc with MPC HC. It too, stalled at the 10:10 point and displayed the anti-copy message (attached). It occurred to me (from what you last said) that so far, I've been striking the ISO from this disc while off-line, so I connected and tried playing the disc again using MPC HC and it played fine. Thinking this was the fault all along, I ripped an ISO (while connected to the internet), burned it and it played fine for the whole feature - problem partially solved ("peechy" indeed).

I guess I was under the misunderstanding that once RedFox had done its thing with a disc, the ability to handle the disc is built into the next version of AnyDVD (I also upgraded to the latest version 8.0.6.0 before I did my experimenting), and an on-line connection wouldn't be required. It would be nice if that were the case since I sometimes want to play (or rip) a disc on my laptop when an internet connection isn't available or is inconvenient.

I'm attaching the log-file from that disc - the RedFox status window changed when I was connected to the internet. Previously it showed an OPD error 12007, but with the connection, that disappeared and some additional lines showed up: Java signatures were fixed, BD-live deactivated, Sony BD-J removed, and "Java protection good playlists: 786" (which I assume is the good playlist number).

In conclusion, I got a good backup but would like to know when to suspect this problem without playing the disc, and preferably not have this problem when I can't connect to the internet - your thoughts Ch3Vron??

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.6.0_Info_D_NOW_YOU_SEE_ME_2.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Copy Prptection Message 10 Minutes in.jpg
    Copy Prptection Message 10 Minutes in.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 9
if it showed up with a playlist you attached the wrong logfile. That one has the 12007 error. As stated earlier and all over the forum. Blu-ray's upto a year old (AT LEAST) REQUIRE the opd for playlist mentioning. That title is barely a few weeks old. As such no opd access = no playlist. 786 was the correct playlist idd, however you need to keep in mind that players such as MPC-HD are not licensed blu-ray player and you may need to manually load the mentioned playlist.

BTW: you don't need to rip first to see the effect. AnyDVD's major functionality is done on-the-fly. So when a playlist is mentioned you can immediately see the effect in mpc or PowerDVD to see if it's right

if it showed up with a playlist you attached the wrong logfile. That one has the 12007 error. As stated earlier and all over the forum. Blu-ray's upto a year old (AT LEAST) REQUIRE the opd for playlist mentioning. That title is barely a few weeks old. As such no opd access = no playlist. 786 was the correct playlist idd, however you need to keep in mind that players such as MPC-HD are not licensed blu-ray player and you may need to manually load the mentioned playlist.

BTW: you don't need to rip first to see the effect. AnyDVD's major functionality is done on-the-fly. So when a playlist is mentioned you can immediately see the effect in mpc or PowerDVD to see if it's right

Sorry about that. That was the logfile when I wasn't connected to the internet. Here is a logfile that was generated while connected.

I'm still fuzzy on the OPD thing - sorry. Can I assume that if I get the OPD error (and no playlist number), the disc requires an internet connection to decode properly?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.6.0_Info_D_NOW_YOU_SEE_ME_2.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
ANY disc up to a year old needs it. Not just the ones with screenpass.

ANY disc up to a year old needs it. Not just the ones with screenpass.

Is this because it takes this (a year) long for decrypting to migrate into a version of AnyDVD, or is this something that started happening with disc manufacturing about a year back which will be ever present from now on in some disc releases? If it's the latter case, then am I to assume these discs (that have screenpass protection) will always need an on-line connection for AnyDVD to do its thing? That would be new to me since I've done a lot of successful ripping in the past without a connection (as long as the disc wasn't too new at the time).

I don't know why, all i know is it's by design. It's also easier to issue blu-ray updates than with new versions. Not everyone always uses the very latest version, but with OPD access even versions that are several behind can still properly decrypt screenpass discs.

I don't know why, all i know is it's by design. It's also easier to issue blu-ray updates than with new versions. Not everyone always uses the very latest version, but with OPD access even versions that are several behind can still properly decrypt screenpass discs.

Thanks Ch3Vron. I think I'll just try to be on-line whenever possible to do rips, so I can catch those like "Now You See Me 2"

I appreciate the information and your help.

So Everytime I watch the DVD the menu pops up, I hit okay and then the menu pops up after disappearing but the 3rd time of hitting play it on plays..idk if it's part of the movie or if it's a glitch. If knowledgeable about the situation, please explain, Tia!!

You do know this topic is nearly 5yrs old right? Last post dates to nov 2016. Also if it's a DVD you're in the wrong forum section. This is about the blu-ray disc. DVD =/= Blu-ray

Back