• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cafe Society Playlist

Spectrum

This version of Cafe Society is from US Redbox. Need help with playlist.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.5.0_Info_E_CAFE_SOCIETY.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Maybe a dumb question but is there a way that we can examine our own ziplog and determine the correct playlist? I'm guessing you do that and then place the result in the database.

Another dumb question, once Anydvd has worked out the correct playlist, I assume we have to re-rip the disc again. Does the ripped disc then play the correct playlist automatically or do we manually set the playlist to that which Anydvd gives us

If you previously ripped with protection removed without the playlist being mentioned then yes, you'll need to re-rip as the protection was incorrectly removed and the damage is done. If you ripped with protection intact, then no you don't need to re-rip.

@CBal no you can't. You can open it yes, but without the proper tools to analyze it, there's no way a normal user can find out what the proper playlist(s) is(are)

Maybe a dumb question but is there a way that we can examine our own ziplog and determine the correct playlist? I'm guessing you do that and then place the result in the database.
No, because there is a lot of background work being done based on the information provided by you. Furthermore, you don't have the necessary tools for analyzing the logfiles, which has already been mentioned by Chevy.

Another dumb question, once Anydvd has worked out the correct playlist, I assume we have to re-rip the disc again.
See what Chevy said.

Does the ripped disc then play the correct playlist automatically or do we manually set the playlist to that which Anydvd gives us

That depends on the player. Commercial software players like PowerDVD or WinDVD will do their job just fine. Other players may need your help with respect to selecting the correct playlist.

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick answer, but my question really is, if you rip with protection intact, will the ripped disc automatically then select the correct playlist or do we set it manually to the one anydvd shows in the status window

I was thinking more about bluray players not software players

Stand-alone blu-ray players should work fine, i. e. they select the correct playlist automatically. However, the protection needs to be removed, otherwise you will get a coaster.

Only if protection is removed correctly. If you burned a backup before the correct playlist was mentioned, then even the standalone player WILL play the wrong playlist. As the protection wasn't properly removed. Will you can burn a protected rip to disc, all you'll have is a nice coaster because the protection will kick in.

I'm asking because I ripped a copy of Café Society using Anydvd 8.0.5.1 Anydvd showed the playlist in the status window as playlist 459. I then used BD Rebuilder to shrink the full disc but when I play the disc in my Oppo bluray player its still out of sequence. So I was asking whether the full disc will always be out of sequence and we should go for movie only and select the playlist to shrink

Play the backup in powered. Does it play right now? If it does, then 459 is correct and you're oppo is selecting the wrong one. Very common issue.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

First you say it's out of sequence then you say it's in sequence, which is it? And what are you playing on what? There's no difference in playing back the full disc or movie only. Both should be using 459. Now that your oppo doesn't, that's not an uncommon issue.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

I made 2 discs. The first disc was done as a full disc shrink using BD Rebuilder. Playing the finished disc with PowerDVD its out of sequence. The 2nd disc, using the same initial files was done as a movie only shrink with BD Rebuilder (this shrink BD Rebuilder tells me its using playlist 459, the full disc does not show a playlist). The movie only disc when played in PowerDVD appears in sequence. I'm sorry if my question is confusing

I'm not seeing any playlist recommendation for my copy of Cafe Society (US edition bought from Amazon). I've attached the logfile

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_D_CAFE_SOCIETY.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
I'm not seeing any playlist recommendation for my copy of Cafe Society (US edition bought from Amazon). I've attached the logfile
Thanks, now it should.

Back