• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Slow dubbing on Any DVD

RareMark

I just downloaded the Any DVD 21-day trial and all of the sudden my dubs are taking FOREVER. I use both DVD Shrink and Nero. Can anybody tell me why it takes so long, like five hours for a 90 minute film? Thanks a lot.
I was considering purchasing a license but I´m not sure now.

What kind of computer do you have, what are the specs? Is it an old laptop? What processor, how much Ram, Please give us more information. AnyDVD just removes the protection, its got nothing to do with the time your reader-writer program takes to compress it. Use CloneDVD2 from Elaborate Bytes, in our Purchase page it also has a trial. Both Shrink and Nero are not what I would consider good programs.

What kind of computer do you have, what are the specs? Is it an old laptop? What processor, how much Ram, Please give us more information. AnyDVD just removes the protection, its got nothing to do with the time your reader-writer program takes to compress it. Use CloneDVD2 from Elaborate Bytes, in our Purchase page it also has a trial. Both Shrink and Nero are not what I would consider good programs.

I´m grateful to you for trying to help. I know AnyDVD just removes the protection and I was considering purchasing the license precisely for that reason. However my equipment AND burning programs worked very fast up until I installed the AnyDVD trial software. I certainly do not see the connection unless AnyDVD is not compatible with my system. Here´s the info: my PC is Hewlett-Packard CQ5604F AMD Athlon (tm) 170u Processor 2.00 GHz RAM 3.00 GB 64-bit Operating System / Windows 7 Home Premium.

I´m grateful to you for trying to help. I know AnyDVD just removes the protection and I was considering purchasing the license precisely for that reason. However my equipment AND burning programs worked very fast up until I installed the AnyDVD trial software. I certainly do not see the connection unless AnyDVD is not compatible with my system. Here´s the info: my PC is Hewlett-Packard CQ5604F AMD Athlon (tm) 170u Processor 2.00 GHz RAM 3.00 GB 64-bit Operating System / Windows 7 Home Premium.
Hello and welcome to the forum, please download the trial of Clone DVD 2 , it's The best program to use with any DVD HD. I have a feeling it's either Nero or Shrink but I can't be sure if you try clone DVD 2 ( it's a fully functional trial) then we can rule out what the issues are. Make sure you download the version from our purchase page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome to the forum, please download the trial of Clone DVD 2 , it's The best program to use with any DVD HD. I have a feeling it's either Nero or Shrink but I can't be sure if you try clone DVD 2 ( it's a fully functional trial) then we can rule out what the issues are. Make sure you download the version from our purchase page.

Again, thanks a lot for trying to help. I downloaded Clode DVD 2 and immediately tested it by trying to dub a DVD whose contents was 157 minutes long. CLONE DVD 2 started the dub without a hitch and gave me the following reading: "Creating DVD files 509 minutes left". Outrageous! I started all over again with a DVD whose length is 72 minutes and I´m gatting the following: "Creating DVD files 159 minutes left". Totally unacceptable. My Nero and / or DVD Shrink can do an hour video in less than 10 minutes.
On the plus side I must tell you that your designs and art is really attractive. I love that red fox!

Did you leave it or did you stop it immediately? The initial time is not necessarily how long it will take over all as if I remember correctly it changes depending on different factors such as read speed of the disc CPU speed etc

I have made really good experience using AnyDVD in combination with Nero Recode (about 15 Mins for normal DVD Movie - Never tried burning with burning ROM). Make sure Movie file is on Drive C: For use on a win 10 System I recommend the up to Date Version. Nevertheless for burning on DVD Try CloneDVD it is a Great and Mighty Tool! And it is so simple Even my grandma could Use it ;-)

Again, thanks a lot for trying to help. I downloaded Clode DVD 2 and immediately tested it by trying to dub a DVD whose contents was 157 minutes long. CLONE DVD 2 started the dub without a hitch and gave me the following reading: "Creating DVD files 509 minutes left". Outrageous! I started all over again with a DVD whose length is 72 minutes and I´m gatting the following: "Creating DVD files 159 minutes left". Totally unacceptable. My Nero and / or DVD Shrink can do an hour video in less than 10 minutes.
On the plus side I must tell you that your designs and art is really attractive. I love that red fox!
I think you should try it on a different computer I don't think your computer is functioning properly

@RareMark
How is the speed when ripping with only the AnyDVD ripper - and them open its folder output in Shrink/Recode.

Did you leave it or did you stop it immediately? The initial time is not necessarily how long it will take over all as if I remember correctly it changes depending on different factors such as read speed of the disc CPU speed etc
I know what you mean. I left it on for about 45 minutes since at the beginning I could see how the time span changes. However once it settles on a time estimate, which happens on the first 4 or 5 minutes, it remains the same. Thanks for your suggestion. Before I give up on AnyDVD, Clone DVD 2 and the whole red fox experience I will run more tests today since it is Sunday and I can waste time.

@RareMark
How is the speed when ripping with only the AnyDVD ripper - and them open its folder output in Shrink/Recode.
I´m sorry but I don´t follow up. Please forgive me since I´m not too verse on this technology nor its language. Before using AnyDVD, I used Nero and/or DVD Shrink to dub discs and the procedure was very fast. First it would "create an image" and then it would prompt me to put in a blank disc. Depemding on the original´s length the whole procedure would last approximately between 8 to 15 minutes, never more that 30 minutes. Of course only on non-protected discs that is why I decided on trying the AnyDVD software.

between all this back and forth. The most obvious seems to have been overlooked.

Read this: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/
Try again, pay close attention to step 5
Tried all that, paid close attention to step 5. The log does not contain any error message. Right now I am trying to dub the copy-protected Warner DVD of the film "THE DAMNED" a Warner Video release made in the U.S.A. 157 minutes long. The log reads:

13:19:56 Processing started
13:19:56 Successfully removed layer break

Right now the time is 14:00:00 and the dub is at 4% "creating DVD files" and shows 922 minutes remaining. (At the beginning of the process it showed 662 minutes remaining. It seems the numbers increase instead of decrease). RIDICULOUS!

Tried all that, paid close attention to step 5. The log does not contain any error message. Right now I am trying to dub the copy-protected Warner DVD of the film "THE DAMNED" a Warner Video release made in the U.S.A. 157 minutes long. The log reads:

13:19:56 Processing started
13:19:56 Successfully removed layer break

Right now the time is 14:00:00 and the dub is at 4% "creating DVD files" and shows 922 minutes remaining. (At the beginning of the process it showed 662 minutes remaining. It seems the numbers increase instead of decrease). RIDICULOUS!
The mod was politely asking you to post an AnyDVD log. That is step 5. The only way you can get any help is to post the log from your machine. No one's with you, so that's the only way to see what's wrong.

Please post your AnyDVD log.

Who said anything about an error message. Step 5: anydvd logfile. No logfile, we can't help you. Right now we have nothing to work with. We don't have any info on: disc title, disc protections, disc status, hardware used,...

The 'layer break' line comes from CloneDVD. Just do as asked please.

Last edited:
Please read on below. Right now I am trying to dub a DVD which is 157 minutes long using CloneDVD2.
It started giving me a 662 minutes remaining and as time went by it went UP to 922 remaining. CRAZY.

I have made really good experience using AnyDVD in combination with Nero Recode (about 15 Mins for normal DVD Movie - Never tried burning with burning ROM). Make sure Movie file is on Drive C: For use on a win 10 System I recommend the up to Date Version. Nevertheless for burning on DVD Try CloneDVD it is a Great and Mighty Tool! And it is so simple Even my grandma could Use it ;-)

You must have something using the majority of your resources. Because if that was a common issue we would all be experiencing it. I've never had it be that long except for that situation (resource hog running).

Let me also ask you this after you installed both AnyDVDHD and cloneDVD did you do a restart of the PC.
And please post a logfile so this can be looked into for you.

Last edited:
I'm attaching an example of how to attach an AnyDVD log.

Please follow what the mod asked you. Big, bold letters won't help out your situation.

Attachments

• anydvd-00-tray.png
    anydvd-00-tray.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 5

Your problem has nothing to do with AnyDVD, it's your drive. You say nothing about what kind of DVD Drive/Burner you are using. Perhaps it needs a Firmware update. Also, a 2 gig processor and 3 gigs of ram are not a lot in today's standards of 4 GHz quad-core processors and 8 to 16 gigs of ram, but I remember the day when I was using AnyDVD and Nero with a 1.3 gig processor and 512 MB Ram and never experienced the slowness you have. It's you DVD Drive, focus on that.

@fabrikator don't jump to conclusions. If it's a protection issue that's perhaps not optimally handled, it IS an anydvd issue. The processor and RAM amount are irrelevant. Ripping speed comes down to how good and fast the drive can read the disc, and how fast the hdd can write the data to disk.

It can also be a dirty/defective disk,... Don't jump to conclusions without having all the info.

Back