• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Subtitles in XMen

Jim6592

How do I get the subtitles to record for the foreign languages. I can force on subtitles in Kodi to get the German and Egyptian translations, but it also displays the English as well. When the original disk is played only the German and Egyptian subs are translated?? I save movies in iso for storage on my nas. This is not the first movie I have had this problem with!

How do I get the subtitles to record for the foreign languages. I can force on subtitles in Kodi to get the German and Egyptian translations, but it also displays the English as well. When the original disk is played only the German and Egyptian subs are translated?? I save movies in iso for storage on my nas. This is not the first movie I have had this problem with!

I don't fully understand what you're saying.
Can you please tell us, what kind of file format we're talking about (did you create MKV, MP4 or Blu-ray file structure, ...?)
Then maybe a screen shot will help, I don't get what you mean by "it also displays the English as well".

Sounds like you chose the wrong subtitle when making the file, or that you have the wrong subtitle chosen when playing back.

If you are making MKV files then unfortunately CloneBD doesn't let you chose which subtitle to use as the primary if keeping more than 1 subtitle, nor does it allow you to chose which one to always force on. When making MKV files I always have to run them through MKVToolnix and set the forced subtitle in there

If you are making MKV files then unfortunately CloneBD doesn't let you chose which subtitle to use as the primary if keeping more than 1 subtitle

Of course, it does. That feature has been in there for quite a while now.
defsub.png

1.0.8.3 2016-06-15
- new: MKV - supports setting default audio/subtitle track for playback

No it doesn't. If I keep 2 English subtitles (one for forced and one for general subtitles) it doesn't let me choose which one to use as default. The first box is always set to English and it doesn't seem to matter what I set the second box to it always defaults to the same subtitle.
It also doesn't let you set one as 'forced' so as I said I still have to take it into MKVToolnix to set the forced track

No it doesn't. If I keep 2 English subtitles (one for forced and one for general subtitles) it doesn't let me choose which one to use as default. The first box is always set to English and it doesn't seem to matter what I set the second box to it always defaults to the same subtitle.
It also doesn't let you set one as 'forced' so as I said I still have to take it into MKVToolnix to set the forced track

Ok, maybe I care way too little about subs, I don't even understand those subtle differences you're talking about.
Did you report that to Elby?

The differences are that one subtitle track has all the subtitles and the other just has the forced (foreign language parts). When I'm watching the films I want it to force on the foreign language subtitle, but when others watch it they may want to see the full subtitles due to hearing problems.
I haven't reported it, but I know it was brought up on the forum just after they released the ability to 'choose' the default subtitle as was the issue of 'forced' subtitle tracks

As I stated I save every thing as ISO! I have 27 terabytes of storage space so I don't have to compress the movies. I only want the foreign language parts of the film converted to English, not the whole movie!

Do you make it as a full disc copy or as partial?

@Adbear, I tried the partial copy and it did just what the op reported, it kept the two English subs but failed to generate a separate forced foreign sub. It seems like it just pulls both the closed caption and the SDH and doesn't recognise that there is a forced only one. CloneBD is a great program but someone really needs to look at identifying forced subs and at least some options to force which subs to play. MakeMKV and Pavtube Bytecopy have figured it out, not to forget BD_Rebuilder which just works.

I did a full disc copy, and it also appears to remove the language tags from the streams. So it appears it removes all the tags, both forced and language.
So as to the OP's problem, the subtitles are probably still in there but you have to manually choose them

I do a partial copy because I only want the movie, not all the extras.

Pete, maybe you don't care about subtitles, but in a movie like X men where there are several minutes of foreign dialog it really detracts from the movie. I had the same issue with Avengers Civil War at the start of the movie. The guy is speaking Russian while reading the commands to activate the killer. I also had the same issue in John Wick when the Russian was talking to his son and singing about the boogeyman!

Until they fix it just move to the next subtitle inside Kodi. Just tested it with X-Men Apocalypse and as long as you keep the forced subtitle track you can switch to it inside Kodi. You can work out which one it is by playing back inside CloneBD before making the final output, that way if you want to you can remove all subtitles but the forced

Back