• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneBD 1088 + 7.1 DTS-HD = Abort

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
@Reto @Fabian Steiner

There seems to be an issue with CloneBD and DTS-HD streams.

Trying to do an mkv of Mockingjay part 1 & 2 (seperately ofc)

Part 1 video: H264/AVC
Part 1 audio: 7.1 DTS-HD English

Target: H.264/AAC/5.1/PGS subs/MKV/1080p/approx 2.16GB

As soon as i press convert, CloneBD sais "copy succesful"

Stats:

total duration: 00:00
data written: 11,40MB
Data written: 8,07kb!

Attached logfile for part 1 & debug log. If i DISABLE the audio stream (thus no audio present). CloneBD happily proceeds with the conversion. Same thing for part 1

Attachments

• mockingjay_pt1.zip
    187.3 KB · Views: 2
  • mockingjay_pt1.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 2
  • mockingjay_pt1-noaudio.zip
    196.6 KB · Views: 1
  • mockingjay_pt1-noaudio.txt
    49.2 KB · Views: 1
That log
@Reto @Fabian Steiner

There seems to be an issue with CloneBD and DTS-HD streams.

Is that an ISO of an already pre-processed disc? The size of the main movie looks suspiciously "exact".

This:
inTime 04:06:42.287

also looks strange. It looks like you are somehow clipping the input. But the "intime" is precisely twice the actual duration of the movie, so that's the reason why nothing is happening.

The other log file (no audio) show no such clipping. I doubt, it's really the audio causing that, probably just a coincidence.
You can reset the clipping (yellow triangle on top-left of the movie strip) or clear the cache altogether and try again, what happens then?

Those are indeed Rebuilds. I normally only output to BD25, but mom's going on a trip soon and asked for some movies on tablet (hence the need for MKV's)

Otherwise i never use preprocessed discs with CloneBD. AnyDVD rip to ISO always (i'd be happy to provide an image, and then use that ISO as a source for either CloneBD or BDRB. I never use the output of BDRB for example in CloneBD.

Procedure: Fire up CLBD, load ISO, file > MKV selectable subs, Continue, Begin, Error (attached log after cleaning cache with audio and without. NO CLIPPING active, dont use that)

BDRB starts encoding the MKV with audio just fine after demuxing the streams.

Attachments

• mockingjay-withaudio-cachecleaned.zip
    187.2 KB · Views: 1
  • mockingjay-withoutaudio-immediatelyafter.zip
    195.8 KB · Views: 0
Hi Ch3vr0n, RE: There seems to be an issue with CloneBD and DTS-HD streams.

You even posted in this thread: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/cant-convert-pre-processed-blu-ray-movies-to-mkv.70450/ That I created for just this issue using pre-processed images or folders. I never found that the failure had anything to do with the HD audio streams. Sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't and no real reason WHY?

This was the reply from Reto: We can look into this, but first I have to elaborate on this:
in order to eliminate some known iconsistencies in CloneBD (which caused playback problems with Panasonic players), we recently created an analysis tool, that takes a very strict look at certain timing constraints and other properties of the m2ts files that are laid out by the BD specs.
Out of pure curiosity, we threw the results from BDRebuilder, TSMuxer and even Fab at that analysis tool.
We were astonished to learn that none of them stick to the specs at all. BDRebuilder in particular makes a real mess (the max. recording rate of 48mbits is violated, restraints for audio buffering are exceeded by several factors, etc...).
Obviously, through an evolutionary process, these programs were modified bit by bit until the results played on the players, so usually you're fine with them.
But those files still are not ok. So I'm not surprised, when CloneBD chokes on some.

But those files still are not ok. So I'm not surprised, when CloneBD chokes on some.

I'm looking at those files right now - Reto is right, they are complete junk.

Those are indeed Rebuilds.

Made with what kind of program? That disc structure is broken, look at the playlist:

messy_streams.png

It says, there are two DTS-HD XLL tracks (according to the clpi, the clip only contains one).
One supposedly english and the other french (according to the clpi there is no french at all).
And both share the same PID, which can't be and wouldn't work.

The same thing with subtitles: two subtitle streams (dutch and french, again both the same PID), while the clip only contains one (dutch).

Not surprised at all, that CloneBD stumbles over its own feet. It does to some extent rely on valid and sane input.

Made with bdrb. There were originally 2 HD tracks. That part is true. The unwanted audio/subtitle streams were stripped away to increase video quality size. The way bdrb works to keep playback structure working is to then point the removed streams the the first existing one. The explanation being that if audio streams are removed, structure breaks and playback may stop if those pid's point to nothing. Never have playback issues yet.

If that breaks things, then how does CloneBD do it when audio/subtitle streams do it?

Clonebd rewrites the file structure appropriately.
Filling in dummy streams is a bit of a lazy lame hack imo. And it violates the BD specs in two ways, one of them being that the streams must be ordered by ascending PID. And unique.

Clonebd gets in trouble there, because it needs to do bookkeeping with all stream entries. And it identifies them by PID.
Most players probably will be ok with it, but they don't need the full picture. Only one audio at a time.
Maybe some other converter will even double the audio stream.

It's just a lazy move, bdrb should try to do things right.

Great to know. Is there something i can do to "fix" this issue if i encounter it on other discs (and this one)? or am i screwed? I only have 2 items in my cloning toolkit. CloneBD and BDRB. CLBD has moved up my list for standard conversions (as it's about twice as fast), BDRB has been moved to 3D cloning only which works beautifully. 3D without SSIF, makes use of an alternate specification in the standard.

I spoke to the Elbys and they said, they will think about ways to "clean up the mess" when loading the disc structure.
But "recloning" a disc that was previously processed by another tool probably isn't the most wide spread technique... so this would be a workaround for a bug in another program for a situation that is extremely rare.

Fixing it might be possible, if you use BDEdit to remove that superfluous track.

Regarding speed: I ran an internal test version of CloneBD with hw acceleration today.
Transcodes from SSD to SDD with apx. 350 fps on an nVidia GT950 (that's around 150$, not one of those upper end super-GPUs). I was a bit stunned myself.

It's not exactly a full clone. I was doing an MKV of the movie only for the tablet. I know about BDEdit but i have little to no experience with it. If you can tell me how to use it to fix it i will definitely try it. Please tell @Reto if they me to do testing i'd be happy to. He can reach me at the usual e-mail address.

As to HW acceleration, there's no setting for that in CLBD (or is it detected by default?), can't test that kind of speed yet on my new rig as i'm waiting for my GTX 1080 to come in stock and get shipped :)

As I said: internal test version. Not available yet.
Bdedit: tomorrow.

@Ch3vr0n, RE: I was doing an MKV of the movie only for the tablet.
On the BD_Rebuilder disks that failed I was able to do a ClownBD movie only rebuild and then feed that to CloneBD to create an MKV. Just takes 20 minutes or so and it will work. It also gives you more options about down converting the audio too.

No worries pete, no rush. I can be contacted if and when needed. If I need to create more mkv's out of a rebuild and clbd fails at least I know where the problem is now and what to do until a permanent fix is found.

@worknstiff thanks for the offer but no thanks. I checked out clown when it first was created and found it just a bit too complicated. I found bdrb easier to work with. The disc clbd failed on, bdrb could when with (after all it was it's own output).

No worries pete, no rush. I can be contacted if and when needed. If I need to create more mkv's out of a rebuild and clbd fails at least I know where the problem is now and what to do until a permanent fix is found.

@worknstiff thanks for the offer but no thanks. I checked out clown when it first was created and found it just a bit too complicated. I found bdrb easier to work with. The disc clbd failed on, bdrb could when with (after all it was it's own output).

Ok, the BDEdit thing - I suggest you get it from here: http://pel.hu/bdedit/ that's the guy who made it.
The UI is awful but it works very well.

So you'll have to extract the folder structure of your ISO, then open that folder with BDEdit.
Click on the top tab "PLAYLIST", select playlist #9.
You will find the streams in the little box labelled "STN" with "Vi Au PG IG sV sA PIP".
Click on the content below "Au" (should read "4" in this case).

You'll see the audio streams show up below in a list. Select the redundant, second entry with mPID 1100 and click on the "-" to the very right end of the STN box.

Repeat the same thing with "PG" (subtitles). There you'll have to remove the second entry.

When done, click "Save" at the bottom left of the GUI.

That's it. CloneBD should handle that folder structure then.

Modifications made, CloneBD didn't instantly crash with English HD . Running test build. Should be able to report back in about 20 minutes if output is OK

@Pete Test build complete. Looks like i have a new tool in my toolkit and know what to try first when i encounter it in the future, if they ask me for more MKV's where bdrb appears to have been used.

Now if only CLBD would handle Full&Partial (full minus trailer crap), 3DBD25 backups i'll be a very happy camper

Last edited:
Back