• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Why RedFox is the best

nebostrangla

From 8.0.4.2.
- New (Blu-ray): Added feature, which helps non-licensed Blu-ray players
(Kodi, VLC, Media Players, ...) to pick the correct playlist for the main feature.

Just more proof that they put the customer first. But yet people still doubt their commitment.

Not that I need it since I mostly use PDVD anyway. But still THANK YOU for that feature. As I know that others will benefit from it greatly.

From 8.0.4.2.
- New (Blu-ray): Added feature, which helps non-licensed Blu-ray players
(Kodi, VLC, Media Players, ...) to pick the correct playlist for the main feature.

Just more proof that they put the customer first. But yet people still doubt their commitment.

Not that I need it since I mostly use PDVD anyway. But still THANK YOU for that feature. As I know that others will benefit from it greatly.
Because everyone thinks after a lifetime license from Slysoft they think they are privileged more then the rest of us Paying for a EXCELLENT software that works for what it does and is worth every penny of it. Yet they forget their license was with Slysoft not RedFox and they need to be paid for their hard work. Money doesn't grow on trees that's what they forget.

perhaps it's the best
probably it's the most expensive
but it is definitely the most complicated to buy :banghead:

I was happy to repurchase and never been happier thankx redfox team :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Hopefully I am in the correct forum ... as an old ( still use Nero & dvdshrink ) lifetime user from DVDs to Blu-rays always thought Anydvd was the BEST!!! Recommended it to numerous friends ... kinda glad this happened when it did ( the shutdown ) as I was not aware that this opd ?? had reared it's ugly head . I was always able to play my dvds & blu-rays without any interaction with the internet ( lost cable & internet & phone in a snowstorm for 8 days ) so regardless of the new subscription fee MOSTLY would like to rip copy protection out of my Blu-rays so I don't NEED any thing besides my comp & my ISO to view my movies As I was waiting for the dust to settle recently discovered several of my most recent Blu-rays wont play even in light of the fact that I for the last year have been unchecking the leave copy protection NOT COMPLAINING HERE got my money's worth several times over...in reading posts ( do not understand ) but it appears to be required that the newer decodes require connection to Redfox to decode disc soooooo is there any vehicle even if more hoops to jump through to accomplish this ??????? A Blu-ray ISO that does NOT need the internet to decode

ps to Ch3vr0n... sorry about feeding the trolls but wont be disrespected either ( used your spell checker this time ....rofl )

You are in the right section :) as to the opd, I don't remember when it was first implemented (it's probably somewhere in the changelog) but I do know it was long before the shutdown. You were probably using it, just never noticed ;-) .

As to it being required, it looks like you're slightly misinformed or misunderstanding things

An internet connection is only REQUIRED for trial versions (with the added bonus that they can access the opd)
The opd is NOT required for DVD's, it only speeds up dvd decryption but dvd protections are handled by anydvd versions. Not the opd.
The opd MAY be required for Blu-ray up to a year old, older ones are generally handled by anydvd itself. It IS required for recent release, let's say at least up to 3-6 months old but don't take that frame as a foolproof fact and that 7 month old ones don't need it.

If you rip to iso with protection removed then obviously the next time you mount it, the opd will not be accessed ;-)

Hope that helps clarifying things for you, if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask . :)

Perhaps you do not know that your Bank protects your purchase & IS responsible for non-authorized charges.. Check with your bank in the rare chance that a small bank does not I would suggest you seriously consider changing banks I use Chase & have NEVER had a problem in over 20 yrs and constantly buy from the internet & have gotten my card data snatched & they refunded me EVERY time. So don't worry about using your visa on the site

Thanx for the explanation....you are correct it was so seamless that I never noticed it...however ( pardon my ignorance ) does the original Blu-ray require the internet connection ?? or can I get a work around by using clonebd or any way to get a stand alone Blu-ray ISO copy ??? Using a new lic of course to go into the future....exclusively using blu-rays now

Last edited:
It's only required for the first time you insert the ORIGINAL disc (unless it has screenpass and the opd needs an update), anydvd will contact the opd and store the needed decryption data in its local database. Then the next time you insert that original (or protected iso) the anydvd status window message will change FROM 'Using online database' TO 'using local database'. If you've ripped with protection removed it'll say something like 'no aacs present, skipping Java fixes' and let the disc be seen to the operating system.

CloneBD is like CloneDVD a 100% legal application and cannot remove protection, feel free to try it. Disable anydvd for a second and try to use CloneBD on an original disc. The beaver up top will complain ;-)

Sorry to belabor But wish to understand clearly and if I am correct in understanding what you have said to me I am ready to buy new membership So with the new version from Redfox ( if I uncheck the "leave copy protection" ) using anydvdhd the new Blu-ray rips will decode & play without internet connection ... but without java updates ( ?? ) and again you are obviously much more knowledgeable than I but don't know what java updates even do. I just want to watch my movies on my comp no matter what happens ( ie loss of internet ) Thanx

Please stop quoting sometime without adding a reply. This clutters up there forum. Posts removed.

They'll play just fine yes, don't worry about Java. It's not like the 'java runtime environment' you can download for PC. That's the java code on the original disc, where every Blu-ray protection works with one way or another.

When anydvd decrypts a disc, it makes certain modifications to that discs java code to remove protection. When you create an ISO with protection removed anydvd sees that their is no aacs on the iso. Aacs uses that java to enforce protection. No aacs means no protection so there's no java code for anydvd to 'fix', to allow normal playback.

There are no java updates for bluray, I assume you have discs that have an animated menu of some sort on the bluray instead of a simple image (universal ones are a good example), well that's the disc's java code at work ;-)

Thanx Ch3vron once again your expertise takes the field Will be a Redfox user once again. Food for thought .... I am sure in light of what the Fat Cat Movie Houses just did to Slysoft a number of potential users are also concerned that even withstanding the license fee the hours of work will not be lost that God forbid the rats get in the corn again

Right-clicking over the settings in AnyDVDHD will give a more detailed explanation of what they do. In most cases.
To put it simply :
When doing a protected ISO rip it must have been decrypted by that machine once previously and then it only needs the local database to work.
The exception is for all Screenpass protected disc's which must connect to OPD every time. For the playlist information to be displayed in the status window.
I do all my rips as protected and have no issues with using them. Just mount them with VCD and let AnyDVDHD scan and then your good to go. Also a great way to know when it's done scanning and is available plus what was done would be to make sure the tick box for " show information window for new media" is selected. I do protected rip because I like the idea of it truly being a 1:1 copy of the original. Then I can use that protected iso to do anything else I would like to later.

Euhm, nope. LTL passkey monkey costs more ^^ (and ya need both of them)

That's (again) wrong. Passkey Lifetime for DvD & Blu-Ray together is USD 105.60, which in my book is cheaper than 109 EUR.

And that does not even take into account the basically always (and currently) available 20% discount.

I checked as recent as 2d ago, lifetime both is $160 or something, which is more than anydvd. You can't use discounts, you have to based yourself on full price

You can't use discounts, you have to based yourself on full price
It's 105.60 without discount. With 20% discount, by adding the coupon code at checkout, it's 84.48.

2016.09.10_10h36m54s_3.jpg
2016.09.10_10h36m01s_4.jpg

Last edited:
wow - if you use the "anydvd switch promotion" it only costs 52,80

upload_2016-9-10_11-58-8.png

Back