• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is the difference between cloneDVD and cloneDVD mobile?

DragonAI

As the title says, what difference is there between cloneDVD and cloneDVD mobile? Both of them are exactly the same price (39.00euro before discounts) and seem to do pretty similar things, so I am just wondering what the difference is. I am mostly interested in copying my DVDs (and Blu-rays) to hard disk for portability, so it seems like cloneDVD mobile will do what I want, but I am curious what (if anything) cloneDVD does that cloneDVD mobile doesn't (especially as for Blu-rays there is only cloneBD and no 'mobile' version).

What's the difference? Well reading the product page descriptions should help.

CloneDVD outputs to valid dvd structures only
CloneDVD mobile outputs to mobile formats only such as avi, mp4, mkv.

Neither can do what the other one can.

Thanks. It wasn't clear (or at least not to me) from the description page that cloneDVD can only copy from one DVD to another, and can't output to file.

It can output to file, but only as a valid dvd structure. It can't produce mobile files.

CloneDVD is also the preferred method to make an iso from a DVD.

Back