• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Midnight Special BD is special

worknstiff

I put this in my win10 pc with an ASUS drive. It scans and scans and will sometimes pull up the disk. It never shows the "select region" even though its checked and works for all other disks. Even when it FINALLY does load the disk it is not playable with any player. Even when you eject the disk AnyDVD continues to act like its loading over and over. This same disk in another PC with an LG drive works fine. At any rate here is the dump file in case you want a look.

How did you get that dump file? Did AnyDVD crash? (You mentioned nothing about a crash, so I'm asking).

No that log was from me ejecting the disk and forcing AnyDVD to close by Ctrl+Alt+Del. It would just keep scanning forever and popping up the scanning disk info over and over. I think it had crashed though because it had about 25 of the "closing AnyDVD info's in the Win10 notification toolbar.

Mine worked fine. Win 10 Pro. Pioneer BDR-209. Region B. It might just be the disc?

Last edited:
@ Homeworld, RE: It might just be the disc? Thanks for the input, BUT at the start of the thread "This SAME disk in another PC with an LG drive works FINE". If disk was defective it would fail in ANY drive, and the ASUS drive works perfectly fine with ALL other disks that I used with it since. I was wondering IF there was some change in the AnyDVD processing that was causing this in case it was going to be an ongoing problem. thanks

If disk was defective it would fail in ANY drive

That is very untrue, unfortunately.
I have a handful of discs that will not play on a certain Samsung drive, which handles all other discs perfectly. Those discs work on my other drives.
It is very common, that some discs (call them "borderline defective" or simply "weak") don't work well with some drives (that may be borderline defective as well).

Hey Pete, That is very untrue, unfortunately. Well I guess maybe that's it.

Back