• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A_HOLOGRAM_FOR_THE_KING

ROY-BOY

I ran into two issues: A) Using Kodi I get a text message and music (Cinavia?) that the movie is a copy during playback, B) using powerdvd 12 and an iso file generated from anydvd, I do not see the correct sequence of scene. The playlist is wrong. This is a Redbox version that I did not have time to watch. Can I fix this using the iso file I have now or do I need the actual disc?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_L_A_HOLOGRAM_FOR_THE_KING.ziplog
    498.2 KB · Views: 11
A) @James perhaps anydvd's can be updated to support kodi as well? It is a software player
B) that's a logfile from an incorrectly decrypted iso. You'll need to provide one from the original disc

A) @James perhaps anydvd's can be updated to support kodi as well? It is a software player
B) that's a logfile from an incorrectly decrypted iso. You'll need to provide one from the original disc
Kodi does not detect Cinavia.

Sorry guys. Travelling. Yes, it seems to be screen pass protection. How do I get around that? Two observations: I can play the iso file using virtual clone drive with Powerdvd 12. It seems to play without screenpass coming up (at least at the same point as it does in Kodi). The problem is that Anydvd speedmenu which shows up in Powerdvd but NOT Kodi plays the wrong playlist. I could not get to the PowerDVD to manually play playlist 714 (someone indicated that is the correct one). However, I was able to use MPC to play 714 and that seems to work, again apparently without Screenpass showing up. My questions are: A) is there a way to get Kodi to show the Speedmenu and bypass Screenpass protection, B) Why is Anydvd speedmenu running the wrong playlist? C) does speedpass always show up at the same time mark in a movie or randomly?

Thanks for the help.

Sorry guys. Travelling. Yes, it seems to be screen pass protection. How do I get around that? Two observations: I can play the iso file using virtual clone drive with Powerdvd 12. It seems to play without screenpass coming up (at least at the same point as it does in Kodi). The problem is that Anydvd speedmenu which shows up in Powerdvd but NOT Kodi plays the wrong playlist. I could not get to the PowerDVD to manually play playlist 714 (someone indicated that is the correct one). However, I was able to use MPC to play 714 and that seems to work, again apparently without Screenpass showing up. My questions are: A) is there a way to get Kodi to show the Speedmenu and bypass Screenpass protection, B) Why is Anydvd speedmenu running the wrong playlist? C) does speedpass always show up at the same time mark in a movie or randomly?

Thanks for the help.

Yes as @Sabertooth said in his recent post to you. There should be a simple menu setting and that should enable something similar to AnyDVDHD's speedmenu. I don't have or use Kodi. So I can't tell you where/how it's listed. But you should either be able to select the correct playlist or use a "simple" menu that will allow you to.
Maybe a user with a better knowledge of it can walk you through the process.

FYI,
You can Right-click over the settings in AnyDVDHD for more detailed description abou that setting and what it does (in most cases). I recommend that every user do this . A great time for doing so is when you do a update and you have to set some of your settings back to your preferred setup.
The reason for that is that it always set any of the disc altering settings back to default ie trailer removal and the like.

Thanks for the help.

I don't have access to Kodi tonight so I'll have to answer A in more detail tomorrow. Short answer, there are settings in Kodi that will display the available playlists (called simple menus) instead of the disk menu or playing the title directly (the other two options). I'll have to be looking at Kodi to find them myself and be able to tell you where they are. I'm running the Transparency! skin however and that might mean it's a bit different if you are using a different skin for Kodi.

As for B, I can only speculate that you ripped your disk before the OPD (online protection database) was updated with the correct playlist. That information is dependent on reports from others like yourself since there are sometimes numerous variations. If you were to load the original disk at this time (assuming the OPD has been updated with your variation), the status would most likely list the correct playlist and that would be played by the anyDVD speedmenu.

Finally with C, the way screenpass typically works is what I call playlist obfuscation, essentially having large numbers of playlists with the various bits mixed up and sometime inserting little copyright messages as you have experienced already. What playlist actually is played (and hence when the copyright message appears) depends on a number of factors including what player is used. It's designed so that unlicensed players like Kodi are sure to play the wrong playlist. PowerDVD is a licensed player so it will generally play the correct playlist sometimes after a required update.

Edit: You can't really fix your ISO at this point (short of using a tool like BD Rebuilder to extract the correct playlist and build a new BD structure). In the future, if you're using Kodi or PowerDVD to play the movie then just rip with the protection intact (Keep Protection checked). You'll need to run AnyDVD to play the ISO but with the protection intact, AnyDVD will handle the ISO properly once the OPD is updated.

Edit2: with my C answer, I should revise that to say, PowerDVD will find the right playlist on the original disc. On the ISO copy because it wasn't processed properly with the correct playlist identified, PowerDVD plays the wrong playlist albeit a different one than Kodi.

Last edited:
Kodi settings. As I said before I'm running Kodi with the Transparency! skin with the settings level set to expert so this is based on where the settings are located with that skin at that level, you're results may vary. The setting is there so you just have to expose it.

There are actually two places that affect how the movies are handled. Both settings are under Settings / Video. The first and the one you want is under the sub heading Discs. Blu-ray playback mode should be set to Show simplified menus. With this setting, when you select the title, you'll get a simplified menu showing the playlist Kodi thinks is right and giving you the option to select a different one. You'll select the correct playlist manually from the list by scrolling through it till you find the one you need and selecting that playlist. The second setting is under sub heading File Lists. Default Select action I have set to Show Information. In the library, when you click on a movie title, this will cause Kodi to display more information about the movie including a play button. I use this setting since it will allow you to fix cases where Kodi incorrectly identifies a title.

Thank you for all your help! This was very helpful. I worry about keeping protection on the iso. What if Redfox gets shut down again? However, I can see the advantage of being able to go back to fix problems.

I worry about keeping protection on the iso. What if Redfox gets shut down again?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but, I think, the information is stored locally for any disc you've already loaded with anyDVD so you wouldn't have to worry about any title you've looked at with anyDVD in the past. Some even backup the local store just in case something happens they won't lose any already obtained data.

You're not wrong. All seen discs are stored in a local database one way or another

Does anyone know where that local database is stored on my PC? I take that has the information for the movies I used with Anydvd?

Does anyone know where that local database is stored on my PC?

Windows 7 and up, look in the OS drive, typically C:, under ProgramData, a hidden folder, in the Slysoft\AnyDVD\Cache folder for that version and in the Redfox\AnyDVD\Cache folder for the latest version.

Back