• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Online Database. Hows that work?

cornemuse

I have been using ANYDvd for quite a few years, I installed it on a computer with out any internet connection. (copy to usb drive, security scan first then move to,) Not even plugged in. DVD's only, so far.

I have been reading about an online database. Will I need an internet connection now??

Also, still waiting for mastercard so's to purchase key, , , still waitin'.

-corne-

For DVDs the online database only speeds up decryption, it is not needed.

The Online Protection Database (OPD) is required if decrypting a Bluray disc, an internet connection is required.

I have been using ANYDvd for quite a few years, I installed it on a computer with out any internet connection. (copy to usb drive, security scan first then move to,) Not even plugged in. DVD's only, so far.

I have been reading about an online database. Will I need an internet connection now??

-corne-
Most DVD up to 150,000 or so as mentioned will be offline decrypted by Anydvd on your computer and will not internet access for BD though those will require internet access to the OPD to decrypt BD movies.

-corne-
Mastercard is available now.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have an OPD related question. First off, let me say that I am glad you guys are up and running again. Congrats! I'm going to try and convince my folks to get a new license soon. Now for my question. I know I've asked this before and I know it's probably getting very annoying, but now that you guys are up and running, has there been any word on the possibility of making the OPD available for download for offline use?

It would be a Godsend if this could happen. Not only would we be able to copy movies offline, with the occasional download of the latest OPD, but if RedFox ever comes into trouble like SlySoft, and the servers go down, we still have the whole database for all movies up to that date.

I really don't care how large the database is, as long as it has everything in it, screenpass, java, BD+, etc, etc. Even if it's several gigabytes, it's well worth the storage. And it's logical to assume that if you backup discs on a PC, that you have ample storage already.

Sorry if I've been over-asking for this, I'm just very concerned for longevity's sake.

No there hasn't been any other news than the initial statement James made to look into it. Neither positive nor negative.

Thanks for the reply, and again, sorry if this is getting old and annoying. Here's hoping that perhaps one day, this can happen. Hopefully we'll be alerted if there's an update.

I have another question. In the event that RedFox ever goes under like Slysoft,(hopefully not.) if the OPD ever gets taken down, how would we be able to continue to decrypt older Blu-ray releases? Would there be a final release of AnyDVD that includes the whole database, would the database be released, or are there any plans at all for if this ever happens and how we will continue to get use out of the product?

In such a case it has been said that a version might be released with the last available opd integrated or for download.

I really don't care how large the database is, as long as it has everything in it, screenpass, java, BD+, etc, etc. Even if it's several gigabytes, it's well worth the storage. And it's logical to assume that if you backup discs on a PC, that you have ample storage already.

Hello, just a newbie lifetime subscriber typing away

Well, I did a search before posting and here we have it, sorry, yes, I'm one of those logical thinkers, where if something makes complete sense then it should be the case - it would be great to not worry about having said laptop connected to the net and you only hooked it up when you couldn't back something up and the main program would be updated if valid and a database update would also take place, a bit like how ESet updates its virus brain file etc...

Just adding another voice not trying to rattle the bucket lol

also, keep up the good work! my cd/dvd/bd repairing machine arrived today so I'm over the moon, some times backing up a disc is half the problem, the other half is reading it... eg 2nd hand purchases

Hello, just a newbie lifetime subscriber typing away
Well, I did a search before posting and here we have it, sorry, yes, I'm one of those logical thinkers, where if something makes complete sense then it should be the case - it would be great to not worry about having said laptop connected to the net and you only hooked it up when you couldn't back something up and the main program would be updated if valid and a database update would also take place, a bit like how ESet updates its virus brain file etc...
That will not be possible as that would be harder to do the a simple virus update log-comparing Apples to Oranges doesn't work here. When Anydvd HD is release in Beta or for download it has the most up to date DVD decryption so you don't need to download to download for BD that requires a online OPD access when you do it the first time after that the backup if done right doesn't need online OPD connection through Anydvd HD. Only with so new Titles that Anydvd HD needs time to catch and then you can backup and not worry after that.

my cd/dvd/bd repairing machine arrived today so I'm over the moon, some times backing up a disc is half the problem, the other half is reading it... eg 2nd hand purchases
I don't put much faith in these machine especially if the damage is deep or sever. If you can angle the movie DVD or BD and you can see the groove and lands of the scratch consider it gone. I have yet to see repairing machine do more damage then it fixes.

Back