• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Having difficulty with Rambo III Ultimate Edition Bluray

Ray S.

I've tried two different bluray readers and have cleaned the disk thoroughly. AnyDVD HD doesn't seem to be able to decode or rip this one. I've created a ziplog file... is it safe to upload that here in the forum?

I'm running AnyDVD HD 8.0.4.0 on a Windows 8.1 machine.

Thanks,
Ray

I've tried two different bluray readers and have cleaned the disk thoroughly. AnyDVD HD doesn't seem to be able to decode or rip this one. I've created a ziplog file... is it safe to upload that here in the forum?

I'm running AnyDVD HD 8.0.4.0 on a Windows 8.1 machine.

Thanks,
Ray
The only way that you can get help is to post your AnyDVD log.

Don't worry, it's safe to post it on this Forum.

:)

Hi,
Thank you - here is my log.
-Ray

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.0_Info_E_RAMBO_III.ziplog
    121.4 KB · Views: 6
A lot of read sector fails in the beginning of the logs. If no other disc is exhibiting similar problems I would get a replacement disc. If other discs have had similar problems then I'd look more closely at the Blu-ray drive.

Just like the mod DrinkLyeAndDie said, if your disc is the only one acting up like this, I would strongly advise at getting another one. It could be the drive also.

Here is a link to click below to make sure that your disc or drive is ok:

READ errors on Blu-rays?

Good luck on your disc.

:)

I tried the disk in two readers by different manufacturers and both behaved the same. I've returned the disk for exchange. Thanks for helping!

For future reference, what files in the zip-log file would I need to examine to diagnose this problem myself? I hate to burden people with trivial stuff like this.

Thanks again,
Ray

none at all, unless you'd know what to look for you wouldn't understand it. There's a lot of technical stuff in it :)

The main thing to keep in mind here is: Read errors on a blu-ray disc => ALWAYS either a disc or drive issue, NEVER a protection. The blu-ray standard doesn't have a protection mechanism that simulates bad sectors. Read errors = actual bad sectors on the disc.

Oh and although it won't fix any blu-ray issues. You need to set your drive hardware region in windows device manager (EXIT anydvd completely before you do so), if you wish to avoid certain CSS protection related DVD decryption issues.

It was probably a bad batch of disks. I finally got one that worked a while later.
Cheers.

Netflix seems to have bad batches of it since I'd rather buy the AU Ultimate Trilogy BD instead of the USA one. Since it's single layered, ain't worth my money.

Back