• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cinavia and MP4's

Lennon

I want to rip blu-ray disks using anyDVD, and then CloneBD to turn it into an MP4. Place the mp4 on a home server and watch stuff wherever. As I learn more (I'm a newbee), I started reading about cinavia. I came across a website where a free tool exists that you can download that tells you if your mp4 has cinavia. (http://www.cinexhd2.com/) The tool indicates a few of my mp4's have cinavia but most don't.

I have played the cinavia MP4's on Android devices and a Sony Smart TV. So far no problems. I assume if I burned one of the cinavia MP4's to a video disk, it would fail on a modern blu-ray player.

My question, if I plan to use the MP4's as mentioned above (TV and tablet devices), should I worry about it?

Thanks.

Combined Anydvd and CloneBD can remove cinavia if you enable the right anydvd setting (program settings, last one) and CloneBD settings (downconvert audio). Cinavia detection is only required for licensed blu-ray players. So neither your android devices nor your smart TV give a rats ass about it. If you burn the mp4 to a disc then chances are high it'll trigger, as detection is mandatory for disc based playback. However, if you copy that same mp4 file to a usb flash drive chances are pretty good it WONT trigger as cinavia detection isn't mandatory on usb drives. BUT since sony is one of the main backers of the technology, don't be surprised if it does detect it through usb.

If your going to play on an android device or through usb on a smart tv, don't worry about it. I havent seen 1 licensed blu-ray player yet that's based on android or a smart TV with a built in blu-ray drive ^^

Back