• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dances with Wolves -- Forced Subtitle Question

hart2hart

I'm new to use of CloneBD. My goal is to rip only movie, English audio, English subtitles, and English forced subtitles. When I point to already ripped full movie iso, the first title is the movie so the little right side pullout for audio and subtitles has what appears to be correct items seledted. They are all English audio and subtitles 1, 4, and 5. I'm guessing that 1 is for entire movie and 4 and 5 are likely the forced subtitles while Native Americans are speaking.

Is this correct and when I play the movie, will forced subtitles show as standard payback? I'm using a Dune Player for reference.

I found a post indicating this goal may be something (subtitles and movie only rip without menu) achievable in the near term but just want to educate myself. Also, I'm creating the new iso image and will simply test but again want others insights.

Thank you for coaching a newbie with this product.

There's no way to know for sure which index is for what subtitle stream. It could very well be that forced subtitles are inside the main track, a second one is directors comments,... There's only 1 way to know for sure and that's trying them.

Open the preview player and select a scene with and without forced sub's if possible. Now in the area that it shows the audio and the sub's for the disc select the sub's one at a time. And by that I mean click it not the ticker box. It should show a white text like box at the end of the line. ie English 2 then white text box. You will see it when you do it. Then the sub's are always displayed on the preview screen until you click it off or choose a different one. For that instance of the preview player.
Just another one of the things a tutorial is badly needed for.

I've been using Clown_BD and it detects and sets forced subtitles. I'll keep working with it since it is fully automated until CloneBD catches up on this feature. Thanks for the help.

Also, CloneBD created the entire movie with one chapter. Really not a big deal since I almost never use chapters in movies but does seem odd.

I've been using Clown_BD and it detects and sets forced subtitles. I'll keep working with it since it is fully automated until CloneBD catches up on this feature. Thanks for the help.

Also, CloneBD created the entire movie with one chapter. Really not a big deal since I almost never use chapters in movies but does seem odd.
I covered some topics on forced subs. There are 3 types all blurays use. Main sub with a set forced flag. A seperate sub with dedicated forced track and a graphic sub (rare). The first needs to be loaded in a program to extract the forced sub. Goto third party forums and look for the hometheater 101 thread if you want to try these methods. Not sure if mkv is smart enough to switch to the forced flag in the first type of subtitle. The one with embedded type. These are 1 way of many to do this. So take my methods with a grain of salt. This is my workflow ive been using for 6 years now.

Back