• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dark Knight Rises Rip is Jittery or jumpy.

You could update the firmware on the drive to 1.34 and see if that makes a difference.

I've been using TDK discs for years and have never seen them cause the playback to be jittery. Was the ISO you made the output from BD rebuilder or before you put it through BD Rebuilder? If it was before processing then check the output from BD rebuilder before putting it onto a disc

I'm using an internal Pioneer BDR 209. This is the first blu ray to give me this problem but I may have figured it out. So I made the ISO of it to desktop then played ISO in Cyberlink powerdvd played flawlessly. So I proceeded to make a disc only to see it start doing the jerky thing again. It just so happens that I reloaded on blank bdr 25 media. I had been using TKD BDR's but I had read many many positive reviews of optical quantum bd 25's I purchased 50 for 25 or so bucks. I think my blank media may be the culprit as the last disc I made was made using imgburn on the slowest setting and still the resulting disc played but was jittery. Am going to do a movie I've already done to test.
I too had similar issues using Optical Quantum back in 2011 when using an LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray writer. Not sure if it was a compatibility issue since I've read countless reviews by users who claim this brand works well with most Blu-ray writers. Neither have I bothered to give this brand a second chance since I've had success with comparably priced brands such as Melody and PlexDisc. From personal experience, the copies I burned using Optical Quantum media would be jittery, skip, or on occasion, even freeze up completely somewhere during the last 30% or so of the disk. I've read comments on some forums from users who experienced similarly. For quality disks I usually opt for Verbatim. But whenever I choose to go the value priced route, PlexDisc 25 GB 6x BD-R has worked flawlessly with my LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray writer. Never had a single coaster or playback issue such as the one you mentioned when using PlexDisk. I thought I should also add that never once did I need to make an ISO.

You could update the firmware on the drive to 1.34 and see if that makes a difference.

I've been using TDK discs for years and have never seen them cause the playback to be jittery. Was the ISO you made the output from BD rebuilder or before you put it through BD Rebuilder? If it was before processing then check the output from BD rebuilder before putting it onto a disc
At first glance, I too thought Vader was talking about TDK--and I thought to myself, "What? TDK and Pioneer are a match made in heaven!" But then when I reread this comment, I believe Vader's talking about Optical Quantum.

Yeah I had previously only used TDK BD's but gave Optical Quantum a try for the price savings. It might not be optical quantum problem after all. Today I backed up Avengers Ultron as well as Ex Machina and those discs were flawless. Soooooo tonight I updated the firmware on the drive and will try batman again tomorrow. I'll look into those other brands you mentioned as well though.

True but you're not taking into account the wear on the drive, heat generation by the constantly spinning disc, ... Only 25gb? Trust me you're off on that one, I've seen a lot of where the main title is 30-35gb and higher.
Agreed. I'm surprised by how many 90 minute movies produced by major studios that were released in the last few years go beyond 25 GB and need to be reencoded/compressed/rebuilt to fit on a 25 GB disk. And most full length feature films are longer than 90 minutes.

Since I'm here, I could swear that I was able to get my powerdvd 10 to play a bdmv folder the other day by just drag dropping the folder into the screen are but now today it just wont work and wont even let see the folder if I try to browse to the folder. I looked online and found some sites that said the version of powerdvd (10) can't play bdmv folders. Strange. I happened to find a free player called Free Blu Ray player and it plays the stream file in the bdmv folder and will play mounted iso's as well. I'll see how it goes. I take it back, I just found that Power DVD 10 will play the stream folder.

Yeah I had previously only used TDK BD's but gave Optical Quantum a try for the price savings. It might not be optical quantum problem after all. Today I backed up Avengers Ultron as well as Ex Machina and those discs were flawless. Soooooo tonight I updated the firmware on the drive and will try batman again tomorrow. I'll look into those other brands you mentioned as well though.
Good to hear that those Optical Quantum disks appear to be compatible with your Pioneer drive. Speaking of Pioneer drives, a few years back I purchased a used Pioneer 208-DBK Blu-ray writer which had some read issues with Blu-ray discs that had minor scratches and the backed up copies would be jittery in certain places. When I tried backing up these same scratched disks with an ASUS BW-12B1ST, the playback appeared to be as flawless as the original. So for a quality writer at a decent price, I would recommend the ASUS. However, it should be stated that all ASUS BW-12B1ST's aren't created equal--as some are rebadged LITEON iBHS112-2 Blu-ray writers, which are great for their read capabilities--while others are rebadged LG BH14NS40 Blu-ray writers, which is a capable writer for the price, yet in my opinion, inferior to the LITEON clone.

I've actually been really happy with the bdr 209 ubk. But one thing I did notice is that once in awhile I'll put in what seems like a spotless bd and then along the way anydvdhd would get stuck and so I clean disc and then restart to get the same error. Though like a said earlier I just now updated the firmware, it might help.

My experience with optical quantum was retention of data. I always use imgburn with verify option. Always had what i thought good burns. played in stand alone player for about 10 min everything ok. about 3 months later i finally got around to watching and bluray would not load. WTF. tried another same thing. tried several quantums, same results. tried some verbatims all played flawlessly. I've sworn off quantims never again. I see they have a new version, but i dont trust the brand.

Agreed. I'm surprised by how many 90 minute movies produced by major studios that were released in the last few years go beyond 25 GB and need to be reencoded/compressed/rebuilt to fit on a 25 GB disk. And most full length feature films are longer than 90 minutes.
its the industry way to make it more expensive to backup. Forcing you to go to 50GB discs

Moving this out of the anydvd hd section as anydvd never had any impact on jittery behavior and this has now derailed into burning/blank disc discussion.

Problem solved. In BDrb in settings I changed the "decoding/Frame Serving options" from "Use directshowsource for frame serving to Use x264's internal LAVF for frame serving and ta da! Checked in several players and played with no jitter. Proceeded to make disc and it played flawlessly as well.

Problem solved. In BDrb in settings I changed the "decoding/Frame Serving options" from "Use directshowsource for frame serving to Use x264's internal LAVF for frame serving and ta da! Checked in several players and played with no jitter. Proceeded to make disc and it played flawlessly as well.
I'm glad you got the disc to work the right way.

(y)

Back