• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Criminal dvd from us redbox

bellbern

Will not play to the end of dvd. Gets to title 15 and does not play rest of titles 16 and 17

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_E_CRIMINAL.ziplog
    251.7 KB · Views: 21
Does it play the disc all the way through if you exit out of AnyDVD and then play it?

i'm talking about when I play the backup.

Criminal is a Lionsgate release, it has the same protection as the others (HG:Mockingjay2, Gods of Egypt, etc...use 8.0.3.1 Beta and select the shorter title, deselect the titles over 1:53 (title no. 1) and that should work).
I watched it just last night.
Of course, I'm just guessing here...I'm not good at this technical stuff, I just like to watch movies. LOL!
I just looked at the title list, and there is 1, 19, 20, 21, and 22...all are over 1:53 'cept title 1, which is the correct one.
Criminal is a cool movie, worth the trouble.

Last edited:
Criminal is a Lionsgate release, it has the same protection as the others (HG:Mockingjay2, Gods of Egypt, etc...use 8.0.3.1 Beta and select the shorter title, deselect the titles over 1:53 (title no. 1) and that should work).
I watched it just last night.
Of course, I'm just guessing here...I'm not good at this technical stuff, I just like to watch movies. LOL!

Thanks. That did work

No trouble with Criminal. As Philbert said, you have to select the shorter title. As with nearly all new Lionsgate releases, the regular DVD also contains Cinavia. The first thing i do now before I even attempt to "backup" a DVD is to first, ascertain the exact length of the movie and also what studio(s) are involved. As soon as you see Lionsgate, you know what you have to do. It will save you lots of time.

Here is another logfile from the Redbox version of this release, and the status window in case it helps anyone:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.3.1, BDPHash.bin 16-05-19)
ATAPI IHBS1122 PL01 2011/05/13 14:43
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CRIMINAL
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Patched DVD volume label!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.1_Info_G_CRIMINAL.ziplog
    247.8 KB · Views: 4
Here is another logfile from the Redbox version of this release, and the status window in case it helps anyone:

Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD HD 8.0.3.1, BDPHash.bin 16-05-19)
ATAPI IHBS1122 PL01 2011/05/13 14:43
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CRIMINAL
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using local database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Patched DVD volume label!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.

Using 8.0.3.1, this one has a black screen issue in Title 22 (play time 2:27:47), but not in Title 1 (play time 1:53:29).

8031 is a beta yes, which is why it's only posted on the forums and not on the download page. Btw: having your email as a username, BAD IDEA! You're begging for spam.

Back