• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

20% discount

DigitalJockey

Does anyone knows if the 20% discount will be extended later than july 24th? I'm waiting to buy until Mastercard is accepted.

Thanks

Ivan did say in a response to one my posts about an extension that the chances of that happening were high. Now note the wording: I said high chances, I didn't say guaranteed. So don't blame me if it doesn't ;-)

I bet it may, but do not quote me. It would be better to find a friend with a Visa, or buy a prepaid Visa for International use.

Thanks for the replies! I'll try to get a Visa somewhere.
You can always try bitcoin. It really is easier than you think especially if you are in the US and you use circle to use any type of card to purchase the amount of BC you need. They do the conversion of it for you. Sabertooth has posted an excellent guide for starting an account with them.
There's also the Cash accepting ATM's for purchasing bitcoin's in most metropolitan areas.

Stupid me, didn't get my order in.

Hopefully they will have another promotion soon......

Guess I missed this by two days, figured two months meant July 31st.

I won't buy without the 20% off so the waiting game begins...rather not use bitcoin... and MasterCard is the better payment option for me. Was hoping they'd allow MasterCard before the 31st.

It was 2 months, discount started may 24th ;-)

yeah, I get that. Everything I read said two months... not July 24th that's all. I don't live here and follow all the threads. I had no idea when the discount started. I've been working a bunch and this was my only day off to really look into this for the last three weeks and simply missed it.

I'm not complaining, just saying its Redfox that doesn't benefit because they'll be waiting for my purchase until 20% off and MasterCard...that's all.

DOH! I am in the same boat as you teknomedic... was thinking it was July 31, not 24th. I will be patiently waiting and hoping to see that 20% discount come back. I was on lifetime AnyDVD for awhile, so it definitely hurts having to pay again a 2nd time...

You guys asking for extended discounts deadline should be really nice. I purposely bought mine at least 48 hours before the posted deadline to avoid the traffic rush. :)

Edit: BTW, the foreign currency exchange cost was less than 3 dollars USD from my bank.

If you have bitcoins or have time to figure that thing out, another 10% discount :).

Last edited:
The only thing I know about 'bitcoins' is some guy who lost his hard drive that was worth about 10 million dollars USD and it was equivalent to loosing actual cash.

You guys asking for extended discounts deadline should be really nice.

Yep, I was. The reply back was "Sorry. You will have to wait until we are running a promotion again" which I think is perfectly reasonable.

Again, I was an idiot for waiting.

I've been working a bunch and this was my only day off to really look into this for the last three weeks and simply missed it. I'm not complaining, just saying its Redfox that doesn't benefit because they'll be waiting for my purchase until 20% off and MasterCard...that's all.

Exactly. I had been waiting for snags in credit card purchases to get ironed out and had been getting by fine with my SlySoft version. I was in the middle of my 21 day demo of the RedFox version and went away for the weekend not realizing I would be out of luck for the deal come monday morning.

All things considered, I don't begrudge paying RedFox for another lifetime license but like you I will wait to get a better deal. After reading the helpful walk through for the Circle bitcoin option I'm convinced to give that a whirl (and cross my fingers for no additional ID check).

I was on lifetime AnyDVD for awhile, so it definitely hurts having to pay again a 2nd time...

Yep, another former SlySoft lifer here since 2007.

I thought the SlySoft perpetual 20% off deal was actually a good marketing strategy despite my rational mind realizing it wasn't really a meaningful discount.

yeah, I get that. Everything I read said two months... not July 24th that's all. I don't live here and follow all the threads. I had no idea when the discount started. I've been working a bunch and this was my only day off to really look into this for the last three weeks and simply missed it.

I'm not complaining, just saying its Redfox that doesn't benefit because they'll be waiting for my purchase until 20% off and MasterCard...that's all.
It would have made more sense for the discounted period to end at the end of July as it would have made it much easier to remember for some people.
Future discounts may only be as high as 15% based on past promotions, so if you do the math comparing the 20% discount to 15%, it would still be a great deal.

2 months from the start date means 2 months, aka July 24th. I don't know where you got that '15% based on past discounts' from but there have never been 15% discounts. Not even in slysoft days.

I won't buy without the 20% off so the waiting game begins...rather not use bitcoin... and MasterCard is the better payment option for me. Was hoping they'd allow MasterCard before the 31st.
Don"t feel bad. The 24th was on my birthday and I still forgot!!! lol

2 months from the start date means 2 months, aka July 24th. I don't know where you got that '15% based on past discounts' from but there have never been 15% discounts. Not even in slysoft days.
I was sure that I received a 15% discount the first time around, but if it was 20%, then hooray for me.
New people are running the show now and if they only feel like offering 15% in the future, it will happen.

I also thought it was the end of July... just got out of a week of meetings away from home, so I guess I'm waiting.

Its not going to happen. Visa and Bitcoin.

Back